Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Become a Community Supporter!

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Website News > Become a Community Supporter!   
Dear Members,

For those of you who have helped support the website by becoming a 'Community Supporter', I thank you. Unfortunately there aren't that many of you, this is due to many reasons, obviously money being the larger one but we feel that £1 a month isn't too much to impose as a donation to help support us with the costs of running the website.

However, one of the other large problems was the system we were using called PayPal. After a thorough investigation we have found that many of the members have tried to become community supporters but during PayPal's registration process have had trouble and quit.

Solution? No more PayPal. All existing community members who signed-up using PayPal have had their subscriptions cancelled and are now normal members again. We have since implemented a secure payment provider that accepts all credit and debit cards. It is now much simpler to help us and become a community supporter...

Once logged in scroll to the bottom of your Account Home page, you will see a button that says "Upgrade Membership". Click-it, enter your card details and WOOHOO, done. You will be taken straight back to PT and get that cool little 'supporter' badge next to all your forum posts! Oh, and a big thank you from me Smile Smilie

So please, those who can help us please do, it does make a difference.

In Fellowship,
The Planet-Tolkien.com Council
Sorry I don't have a credit card and my parents would never let me use their and I don't have a job so my money I got for christmas and my birthday would run out and I'd have to undo my community membership!! But I have promised myself that when I get older and have a credit card I will become a community supporter!!! That is if this site is still around and I'm still interested in it!!!
Ehm, yeah, I sorta have the same problem here. I haven't asked my parents yet, but I will, and I suppose it should be allright if I pay them back (which I can, luckily). So I'll check back on this soon.
Being a Community Supporter is fun. Plus, everyone is doing it. At least the cool people..... lol. I don't think I could be considered cool, but I am a Supporter. My point it, be a supporter! (that took a needlessly involved series of words for such a small point!)

Cáno
Yeah its really great!! Alot of people are becoming community members now!! It's sooo great!! Maybe it was the avatar thing?
Well what ever it was people are, and it is great that there are more and more supporting PT.
Quote:
and it is great that there are more and more supporting PT

I'll second that one Stoney! It is great to see so many here becoming supporters, PT needed it!
Orc With Thumbs Up Smilie
How about adding a yearly rate of 12 pounds? Or specify an amount over 12 pounds?

I would feel more comfortable (here in the USA) doing this then doing a monthly deduction.

Bain
Aiya guys:

I would also like to know if there si the chance of having a yearly fee insted of having it monthly.

in fact I would like to be asked every year about it, cause sometimes card numbers change Wink Smilie .

if that´s posible I think it could be a great alternative. please let me know!!!! Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Isn't it possible to open an account purely to pay PT each month? You could pay in £12 and just set up the payment out for £1 per month.

trust me Vee, i know myself and I might forget to do it. anyway Elf With a Big Grin Smilie , if you open an account with only 12 pounds here, you would spend more money with the account handling fee that banks charge you every month.

so if Taz could get the annual fee would be great ! , isn´t it posible?
It's coming in the next couple of days.

WOW!!, that was fast, Taz!!!!

That is what I call a really fast answer!!! Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Hi tarrant:

listen, I tried to get my charge the other day, bu i could not find american express icon, nor the form to charge the annual fee. could you help me?

thanx
I'll probably get back to communutiy supportership as soon as both my dad and me are home at the same time (he has the credit card). It will take a while though. Disturbed Smilie