Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Whispering Forest

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Roleplaying Guilds > Whispering Forest   [1] [2] [3] [4] >>
Originally Posted Friday 29th October 2004 (05:57pm)

Years and years have passed by since the elves of Middle-earth had arrived and settled down. One small forest, tucked away in the vastness of Rhun, had only been discovered by one loner elf who had been travelling on her own one day. She settled down there, still living on her own. Not many came across this forest, and those who did didn't really care. And so the tale begins...

Tervestra remained up in her tree. She looked about the forest as far as she could see before climbing down out of the tree. She went to a small hut under a large tree, proceeding to enter it.

Name: Tervestra
Race: Elven
Appearence: Long, straight silver hair; sparkling green eyes; dark green cloak, brown skirt and pants alike to breeches under that, green shirt; black light shoes
Height: 6'5''
Weapons: Longbow; quiver full of arrows; longsword; horse named Fellar

She looked at the dying fire and poked it with a metal rod, livening it up.
Asteroth Posted Friday 29th October 2004 (06:32pm)

Hi Adreia , i'm just posting this message to ask a few questions ;
What's the point of starting a new rpg while you're already in a few others? Why don't you just wait until the others are over? Not that it's not allowed to , but i just can't see the reason
Race: Men: Dunedain | Location: Osgiliath | Online: No | Posts: 92 Edit Post | Delete Post

Virumor Posted Friday 29th October 2004 (08:57pm)

Whispering Forest?? a RPG??

Heh, am i the only one who thought of a thread about Cradle of Filth?
Race: Men: Dunedain | Location: Osgiliath | Online: No | Posts: 1070 Edit Post | Delete Post

Adreia Posted Saturday 30th October 2004 (02:13am)

The reason is, Asteroth, that the one I created has gone out of my hands, and the others I've entered are dead threads. Don't mean to be rude!
Rules: Posts are to be no more than ten lines long, no killing others chars, and no really evil stuff without consulting me. Thanks very much!
Hey, Virumor, give me a break! Nobody's perfect, especially me. No mean to be rude though, but, I'm not a person to think of names really.
Race: Elf | Location: Lothlorien | Online: No | Posts: 80 Edit Post | Delete Post

Etharion Posted Saturday 30th October 2004 (08:51pm)

Heh. I understand Adreia. Asteroth, the lady is right . Ignore Virumor. He has so much knowleadge about LOTR that many cannot understand him. That makes it difficult for others to take his opinions without offense .
Ill post and see if this is going to be another dead thread.

name: Etharion
race: elf
appereance: normal looking elf. Long dark blue robes, ordinary staff, bastard sword, backpack. Long light brown hair, brown eyes, light boots.

A elf strolls down the path next to the forest, minding his own buissnes and looking thoughtfully in head of himself.
Race: Elf | Location: Rivendell | Online: No | Posts: 864 Edit Post | Delete Post

Adreia Posted Sunday 31st October 2004 (05:50pm)

(lol thanks Etharion! Glad you understand! Hope it doesn't end up being a dead thread, that would suck.)

Tervestra heard the sound of someone walking and peered to where the sound was coming from, watching this stranger. She raised an inquiring brow as she started after him.
Race: Elf | Location: Lothlorien | Online: No | Posts: 80 Edit Post | Delete Post

Etharion Posted Sunday 31st October 2004 (06:22pm)

Etharion continued walking. After some time he stoped in his tracks and said "Do you need something girl? Or are you just following me out of fun?" he did not turn his head.
Race: Elf | Location: Rivendell | Online: No | Posts: 864 Edit Post | Delete Post

Adreia Posted Sunday 31st October 2004 (07:31pm)

Tervestra stopped abruptly, suprised he noticed.
"N...no Sir. It's been so long since I've seen another person, I was just curious. I didn't mean any harm. I'll leave you alone."

Icefangs Posted Monday 1st November 2004 (02:02am)

I'll help this thread not die, Adreia!

Name: Icefangs
Race: Half-elf;Half-wolf ?Welf? ?Olf?
Appearance: Short, dark colored hair, looks blue. A green tunic and black pants, which are tucked into her black boots. Dark blue eyes, a long, light grey cloak.

"How do you go about terrorizing poor young elves?" A female voice echoes from the above. Suddenly a dark shape leaps down from a branch of the tree and watches them, her dark eyes glinting beneath the grey hood.

Race: Elf | Location: Rivendell | Online: No | Posts: 601 Edit Post | Delete Post

Tśrin turambar Posted Monday 1st November 2004 (02:13am)

name: Makavėli
sex: Male
race: High Elven (Noldor)
Description: Long dark hair, sky blue eyes, light complexion, meduim, but toned, build. Agile as a cat, quick as a bunny, strong as an Ox, far sighted as a hawk.
Height: 6'4"
Armor: All black, strong Elven armor.
weapon: "Luciendar" - Sword of Light. Long blade that cleaves orc flesh like a hot knife threw butter.
History: Born when the moon first blessed middle-earth with it's light. Did great deeds in the wars of Beleriand, traveled with Gil-galad's company and fought beside him when he fell. Has dropped his last tear long ago, for the sorrows of middle-earth. A true foe of Morgoth, and any who follow the dark ways. Fearsome in battle and one to be reckoned with.

"Poor young elves you say?" Shouts a voice, appears to be comming from the direction of the woods. "I'm not too sure whom you are refering to, but nothing terrorizes me. This is comming from one who's been threatened by Morgoth himself."
Race: Men: Dunedain | Location: Osgiliath | Online: No | Posts: 118 Edit Post | Delete Post

Arwen evenstar Posted Monday 1st November 2004 (02:15am)

I'll join too Adreia. I like the idea..sounds interesting, anyway....

Name: Calenia
race: Elf
weapons: a whip and short sword
appearance: long, slightly curly copper-coloured hair tied loosely back; green eyes with gold flecks; pale skinned, wearing dark blue and green clothes, slightly worn with a dark, almost black grey cloak.

Cal was on the move again, she wasn't quite sure where to...anywhere would do... Shaking her head, Cal concentrated on where she was going, being careful not to trip over the roots and other things in her way. She was so lost in her thoughts that she ran into Eth and fell on her butt.

"Oh, terribly sorry...hope I didn't interupt anything. Oh and sorry about running into you....I was a little consumed in my own thoughts. Anyway, what are you guys doing in this forest, if u don't mind me asking?"
Race: Elf | Location: Lothlorien | Online: No | Posts: 298 Edit Post | Delete Post

Lord bradly chsim Posted Monday 1st November 2004 (02:39am)

Hey let me join.

name: Bradly
sex:male
race:half human and half elf
weapons: beast soul sword and dragons soul axe
armor: holy fire beast armor

Bradly walks up beside Cal. He watches the others.
Race: Men: Dunedain | Location: Osgiliath | Online: No | Posts: 133 Edit Post | Delete Post

Adreia Posted Tuesday 2nd November 2004 (12:04am)

(Oh boy! Thanks everyone! This will be great!)

Tervestra looked about at everyone and raised a brow, somehow staying calm.
"Pardon me, but who is everyone here? None seem familiar.''

Arwen evenstar Posted Tuesday 2nd November 2004 (12:14am)

Stumbling to her feet, Cal dusts off her buttocks, looking around at everyone.

"I am Calenia. Cal for short. Who's everyone?"
Race: Elf | Location: Lothlorien | Online: No | Posts: 298 Edit Post | Delete Post

Lord bradly chsim Posted Tuesday 2nd November 2004 (12:45am)

Bradly takes off his hat showing his face. "Im Lord Bradly Maximeo Chsim. Please call me Bradly." He looks at Cal and smiles.
Race: Men: Dunedain | Location: Osgiliath | Online: No | Posts: 133 Edit Post | Delete Post

Adreia Posted Tuesday 2nd November 2004 (07:48pm)

Tervestra smiles and waves to Cal, then stumbles some into a bow to Bradly.
"Nice to meet you M'lord and M'lady. I am Tervestra, keeper of the forest here. Glad you came."

Etharion Posted Tuesday 2nd November 2004 (08:06pm)

Etharion looked around astounded to see so much people in a region he thought was uninhabited. "Well...." he said slowly, looking at Bradly hitting on Cal. "I am suprised to meet you all here. First things first. I am Etharion.May i know your name?" he said towards Makaveli. "I think i have meet the rest of you before."

Adreia Posted Tuesday 2nd November 2004 (08:11pm)

Tervestra then glanced to Etharion and nodded, "Nice to meet you Etharion. I'm Tervestra, Ter for short."
She then looked to the forest, hoping to see the person who called out before. Ter started walking toward it hesitantly, but stopped at the tree-line, unsure of whether to introduce herself to this mighty power within the forest.

Icefangs Posted Tuesday 2nd November 2004 (10:26pm)

Ice jumped down out of her tree. "Nice to meet you, Tervestra, I am Icefangs, but everyone else here calls me Ice," she says with a smile. She waves at everyone else. "I see that we all often go to the same places," (like the power rangers! we're a team! ) she says grinning.

Race: Elf | Location: Rivendell | Online: No | Posts: 601 Edit Post | Delete Post

Arwen evenstar Posted Tuesday 2nd November 2004 (10:35pm)

"Of course, though I swear it's accidental, at least on my part. I have to admit, it is nice to see everyone again."

Cal smiled at her old friends and at Ter.

Lord bradly chsim Posted Wednesday 3rd November 2004 (12:42pm)

Bradly stands there listening to the others. He looks around but still is listening.

Adreia Posted Thursday 4th November 2004 (02:16am)

Ter grins and glances to each of them.
"Nice to meet you all! This is a coincidence, no doubt. I have been hoping to see some people for a long time. This is wonderful.
(rotfl Ice! )

Tśrin turambar Posted Thursday 4th November 2004 (04:58am)

Makaveli steps into the commotion and speaks up. "The name's Makaveli, but you can call me Mak. I'm of the Noldor race, and I arose with the first rising of the moon, and ever since then i've been a foe of the fallen Vala, and his followers, whom's name i will not mention in such a place as we stand." Makaveli glances around the woods searching for any unwanted visitors.
"I am in the pursuit of a party, consisting of 47 Uruk-Hai, whom assaulted myself and 3 other warriors of my kind. Alas my companions fell in the vicious battle, although we did a great deal of damage to their numbers, there were 100 of them when they snuck up on us in the night, 7 moons ago." Makaveli pauses as he reminisces the tragedy, he straightens up and appears to have made up his mind. "Has anyone seen any spoor from my game? Because I must continue on to get my revenge!"
Amariė Posted Thursday 4th November 2004 (12:17pm)

Shouldn't you let Adreia decide what is going to happen since it is her thread? The polite thing to do is to ask: "What do you want to happen in this thread, Adreia? I have an idea if you don't have one."
Race: Elf | Location: Rivendell | Online: Yes | Posts: 1632 Edit Post | Delete Post

Adreia Posted Thursday 4th November 2004 (08:21pm)

(Thank you Amarie!!!!!!!)
Ter glanced to Mak and nodded once with a charmed smile.
"Nice to meet you, I"m Tervestra, Ter for short. And no, not a sign of your quarry has been spotted around here. You okay Sir? Something seems to be wrong..."

Tśrin turambar Posted Thursday 4th November 2004 (08:17pm)

sorry never done this stuff before, so i have no idea what's going on
Race: Men: Dunedain | Location: Osgiliath | Online: No | Posts: 118 Edit Post | Delete Post

Adreia Posted Thursday 4th November 2004 (08:20pm)

Ah, that's okay! We'll help you through it. Consider it non-existant

Etharion Posted Thursday 4th November 2004 (09:10pm)

Etharion said " Hmmm. I have heard in the night a large party moving through the canyon south of here. But that was nearly three days ago. I fear your quary is far away by now. But maybe i can help, if you wish so. I too am a enemy of the Dark Lord, and all his servants. And i am of the Noldor race as well." he said almost sadly."But that is a story for another time."

Adreia Posted Thursday 4th November 2004 (10:05pm)

Ter furrowed her brows, looking up at Mak.
"Come to think of it, I did hear some ruckus the other night. I am an enemy myself of the Dark Lord, and hope to see an end to come of him."

Etharion Posted Thursday 4th November 2004 (11:30pm)

"The great Darko Lord is finished" he said to Ter "We hunt his servants that still do evil deeds under our sky."

Adreia Posted Saturday 6th November 2004 (02:28am)

Ter nodded in agreement with Etharion.
"Indeed they shall. Not many who pass through the canyon even live, so our job could very well be done."
She glanced up at Mak. "Would you care to join us, feel free. The others I imagine will come also."

Alright! This is the perfect number of people for this, so this is all that will stay! Glad you all joined!!!

(Note from Vee: You are welcome to start your adventure with this group but please do not exclude others from joining later as long as they adhere to the guidelines.

Arwen evenstar Posted Monday 8th November 2004 (06:31pm)

okie dokie Adreia, let's get this show on the road. :P This is gonna be tons of fun.

Smiling, Cal turned to Ter.
"Well, let's head out, or set up some sort of camp if we're not."

Adreia Posted Monday 8th November 2004 (08:05pm)

(okie-dokerz Arwen. Yup, that it'll be :-D)

Ter turned to Cal and smiled.
"Right away madam. Before we venture out though, we might need to go to my hut and get some supplies."

Lord bradly chsim Posted Monday 8th November 2004 (10:22pm)

Bradly looks at them."I have my supples ready already."

Arwen evenstar Posted Tuesday 9th November 2004 (01:44am)

"Alright, I am ready to leave whenever everyone else is, and please call me Cal, Ter. I really hate formal titles, or titles for that matter."

Adreia Posted Tuesday 9th November 2004 (02:46am)

"Oh, okay Cal. Sorry! Just have to wait for the word from the others."
(Oh righto. I'll get to it!)
Let's continue this RPG cuz it's gonna be tons of fun...shall we get started? Adreia?
Name: Daillė
Appearance: In human form, he appears as a short (height of about 1.5 meters or 4 feet) man with bark-like skin, and a wreath of leaves around his dark brown vined hair. His wears a tunic of dark green and pants of brown, and he wears no shoes. He otherwise appears as a white maple, blessed with long limbs and silky green leaves.
Weapons: The trees. Much like Tree Shepherds, he keeps watch over the trees, the forest, and the listen to him, for he is one of the Maiar, a direct server of Aldaron.
Etharion looks around a bit confused. Where did we stop??
Ter glances about, wondering, "Where did everyone go?"

Sorry, kinda forgot about this thread!!!!!!!!!!! Silly-willy me Big Smile Smilie
s'okay Adreia...we'll let it slip just this once. Tongue Smilie I'm gonna be gone til sunday..then i leave for Las Vegas wednesday for like 5 days...so fill me in and I'll try to post while i'm done there.
Okies, will fill in for ya, no prob! Have fun! Big Smile Smilie Smoke Smilie
Ter led the group into her hut, the fire still burning, giving the place a feeling of warmth and security. She got them all some food as she gathered supplies for their trip.
A strong, but faint voice echoed through the forest. It was a male voice, and it sang of the Noldor and the trees. The heavenly voice came closer and closer to the group of Elves. A head popped in the hut, and with his heavenly voice he said, "Hello, my elven friends!" It was one unknown by sight to most, Daillė the servant of Aldaron. "The trees were talking. They haven't seen this much movement within the forest in, well, never. I thought I would see was all the commotion is about. What is the occasion?"
Ter smiled and grabbed the newcomer gently by the arm.
"Oh, so glad you came! And just in time for food, too! Now, take a seat and I'll feed you."
She guided him into a seat and sat him down, then placed some food in front of him.
"The occasion is mustering for a journey after some Uruks who passed the other night. You are more than welcome to join us."
Daillė laughed and smiled, "An adventure! I'd love to accompany you! Besides, it is my duty to help protect the forest and those within it. As for the food, I don't eat or drink, but thank you for the kind gesture."
Ter grinned and laughed some also.
"Well, very glad you can come. And it's no problem, everyone else can get a little more."
With that said, Ter walked around the table and put more food on everyone's plates and filled up their glasses more.
Good grief...*watches tumbleweed*...either have a spider problem or no one's around. Don't let me down people!
haha, sorry, I just don't know what to say. I need someone else to start something.
I have returned, a day later then I thought, but I am back...will post soon, tho i'm in the middle of unpacking so it'll have to be later.
Ter looked around at all the others and smiled.
"So, shall we get started soon?"
Cal nodded and looked around at the others.
"Yes Ter, I think we should."
name: Rumil
sex: Male
race: High Elven (Noldor)
Description: Long dark brown hair, brown eyes,
Armor: Gold coloured armour, mithril underneath, with cape
weapon: bow and a quiver full of a hundred arrows

Exhausted Rumil stumbled through the wood, having done battle with some orcs a while back. he remembered, being chased for some distance by a large band of orcs, he was captured and taken, and they stupidly just left him with his weopons, confident, too confident. Then he escaped from them, was chased by 5 orcs and he killed them. Then he found the little hut in the forest. Seeing the door open, he asked, "Can anyone spare some provisions to a hungry and exhausted stranger?"
Ter looked up to Rumil and grinned, helping him in.
"Come, come, take a seat and eat. Here, have a drink as well."
She sat him down and got him everything he needed.
"Thank you very much." Exhausted he sat down but noticed others in the hut. Turning to the kind elf , he inquired, " Thank you for your kindness, but I must tell you that a large band of orcs are searching for me, and now you have every right to reject me from this place."
Ah so we are continuing here? Very well.

Etharion just waked up again.(from a very looong sleep i think) Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Ter shook her head laughing some.
"No, once you enter under my roof, you are not to be rejected."

Haha yes Ethy, we are continuing here!
"My thanks lady, for your kindness," Rumil gave a glance at the other people, "Have I interupted some kind of meeting?"
Ter shaked her head, glancing about.
"Nope, you're not. You are here right on time. You actually might be a big help for our mission. We are tracking down the Uruks that may be the same ones that pursued you."
Rumil gave her a determined look. "If I may do so my lady, I would like to accompany you on this mission, so I can fulfill my revenge on them."
Wow sorry about that blond moment
Pary Smilie
The orcs gathered in the forest. "Do we chase the little scum and slit his throat or what?" asked one. The leader, a big Uruk, laughed. "He's run to his little friends. We'll slit more than his throat tonight. Come on, no more running from those worms. Now we fight."

They started towards the hut, making no attempt at silence. "Surround them, cut them down as they run!"
Ter's ears perked up as she heard the Uruks coming down on their way to the hut. She rushed around, taking the dishes in exchange for supplies.
"They're coming, so no time to eat! Everyone, out the door!"
She herded them out like sheep and led the way quickly and quietly down a windy path of hers.
"Hurry!" was her quick cry to the others.
Rumil watched as the Uruks came up to the hut. Notching an arrow, he took carefull aim, at the closest. He released the arrow, sending the Uruk toppling backwards, gurgling, then he followed Ter.
A reminder to Ethy, Ice, Turin, Ulmo, and Bradly: I know you all are involved in many other threads, but please do not forget about this one! Thanks!
Calenia whips out her sword in her right hand, already making use of the whip in her left-hand. (OCC. kinda randomly decided to be left-handed just in case anybody cared ^^.) She stayed close to the others, but distanced herself enough to be able to fight at her maximum capabilities, then yells at Rumil.

"Tell m'lord, exactly how many were there again?! I think we might be better off if we kinda began a retreat."
"Just steadily retreat." Rumil turnned and loosed another arrow, sending another Uruk crashing to the ground. "We can't hold them in close combat, they're too stong!"
Ter continued along, faster now.
"Friends, do not bother to shoot at them! They will follow! Please, let's just save ourselves for the time being!"
She focused on the path, taking a long turn deep into the forest, still going quietly.
Rumil loosed yet another arrow, and the leading uruk stumbled forward, and dropped to the ground with an arrow in its throat. "Alright everyone fall back and retreat!" He then followed Ter along the path, glancing back at the nearing Uruk.
Ter pulled to the side, letting the others go ahead of her.
"Keep it moving you guys! I'll catch up later! Cal, get them going!"
Ter ran back toward the nearing Uruk and started a fight with him.
"Alright Ter, but don't linger here too long! You won't be able to hold them for long, so leave before they annihilate you."

Cal took up the rear and kept the others moving forward.
When Rumil saw Ter go back, he instinctively stopped running away. Notching an arrow, he loosed it at the Uruk she was fighting with, then switched his weopons to a sword, he leapt towards the nearest Uruk, and gave an uppercut sweeep with his sword. The uruk having blocked it, Rumil then aimed for the side, but instead stabbed his stomach. Having dropped the uruk, Rumil parried a blow from an incoming Uruk, then cut off its arm before knocking on the head with the butt of his sword. "Come, why must you disobey your own orders to run away and not fight?" With that he stabbed at another Uruk, whirled the sword above his head, and used the momentom to chop down on and kill another uruk
Ter looked over at Rumil and growled lowly.
"I told you to go! Why didn't you listen?"
Ter knocked down the last of the group that caught up and grabbed Rumil by the wrist, running back toward the others.
"What made you go back? The want to fight? Vengence? What?"
"There was no way, my lady, you could have handled them on your own," He then followed her to run back with the others, "And besides, I owe you for your kindness."
Ter narrowed her eyes some, but wasn't able to help but smile.
"Fine, fine, and please, call me Ter."
She smiled, soon catching up with the others.

Daillė looked behind him and noticed the orcs chasing after them still. He whispered to the trees, and his voice wchoed thorught the boughs of the forest giants. The trees derooted and surrounded themselves around the group of orcs. They rooted themselves there. "I shall have to heal the poor trees when I return," he said to himself. "Those darn orcs will hack them down, but it saved your lives...for now." He turned, and with a rustle of the forest floor leaves, caught up with the travelers.

I have been waiting to post this. I thought it was fun, and could give us a bit more time, rather than constant attacks by the orcs.
Ter smiled to Daille.
"Thanks for buying us time and saving our lives!"
She gave him a hug and a quick kiss on the cheek, then did the same for Rumil. (It's the way she thanks people!)
"Well, I don't recieve those oft!" Daillė said with a surprised look on his face. "I have not even come in contact with another being other than the trees in over 1200 years. 1200 years! Haha! My, my, time flies by!"
Turning around at the sound of her companions' voices coming up the path towards them, Cal halted and waited for them to rejoin her and the others. She hugged Ter and stepped back.

"I'm so glad you are all okay. So Ter, where to next? We should move quickly, even the help of the trees won't hold those foul creatures for very long."
Ter hugged back, then looked around.
"We will have to take the back path out of the woods and to the Palasades, a group of cliffs lining a river. Come, we have no time to lose!"
She ducked down under some bramble and ran along a slightly used path.
  [1] [2] [3] [4] >>