Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Nymphatican Feast!!

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Roleplaying Guilds > Nymphatican Feast!!   
I see that you are in need of a thread to continue this feast that started in 'Introduce Yourself' section, so here you go (coz im nice like that Elf With a Big Grin Smilie )

Quote:
Cloveress
has made 1415 posts is an Elf from Beleriand and is not Online.
Posted Wednesday 29th March 2006 (03:13pm)

You are in for a splendid adventure here, Nwhagen. Enjoy.

Enchanted food and wine she brings
"Welcome to our world!" she sings

First come to have a fairy dinner with me, though.

Quote:
Nwhagen
has made 7 posts is an Elf from Grey Havens and is Online.
Posted Thursday 30th March 2006 (02:04pm)

thank you for having me! It truely is beautiful here! and the food is divine!

Edit:

Quote:
Just a quick word about Nymphs. We look like elves, except for one or two major differences which are,

1. we have not got pointy ears, our ears are like mortals.
2. our nails grow black, like claws. Black was a sign of good in the days of the ancients, until Melkor stole it, and turned it evil.
3. we are very short sighted, after living in caves so deep even Balrogs don't venture down there.

that's pretty much it. oh, our skin is very white...those caves don't let in an awful lot of sunlight, and we usually have dark hair like rivendell elves.

Please continue!! Orc Grinning Smilie
OK, since Nymphatican Princess seems to be an expert, I'd like to know if this creature is a nymph or a fairy :
Weird thingy

That said, there are various nymphs in Greek mythology - water nymphs or najads, air nymphs or sylphs and forest/tree nymphs or dryads.

Eurydice, Orpheus's lover, was a water nymph.
Super Scared SmilieThat's, uh, one picture you've got there,Disturbed Smilie(shudders) that's a fairy, though the kind of fairy that Tolkien would look at as being a fairy, I don't think so, even if she was wearing something. backs away, calls 9-1-1 (sirens)Police Smilie you are under arrest for displaying inappropiately attired women, er, nymphs, uh, fairies.
My word!! Well if you call 911 then ill call 999 (uk)

The thing is i dont remember any fairies in any of Tolkien's work???
Yaaay!! a special thread made for me! aww I feel so loved!!

Quote:
OK, since Nymphatican Princess seems to be an expert, I'd like to know if this creature is a nymph or a fairy :
Weird thingy

That said, there are various nymphs in Greek mythology - water nymphs or najads, air nymphs or sylphs and forest/tree nymphs or dryads.

Eurydice, Orpheus's lover, was a water nymph

well yeah, that is a faery. Nymphs don't have wings! or pointy ears!

In my story dryads are evil mirmaid-esque things with long peroxide blonde hair. They live in freezing waters that turned their hearts to stone, and if you touch them or the water you will become cold like them. when in water they have a tail, but when dry they get legs.

my nymphs are weird... here is a link to something like my nymphs

http://www.iberianblackarts.com/morgana/deiesoul2/2.htm

http://www.iberianblackarts.com/morgana/stephanelord2/1.htm

http://www.iberianblackarts.com/morgana/stephanelord2/3.htm

Hope they give you an idea! I've been told I look like this model too! Which was very sweet!! I have to say I'm not THAT beautiful, if beautiful at all!
Hey if people say that you are beautiful, and you feel inside that you are, then guess what..... you are!! However, Nymph's are cold and black on the appearance, but on the inside it could be quite different, anyway....

So this feast is in water now???

*Loss puts on Flippers* Orc Grinning Smilie
Quote:
That's, uh, one picture you've got there,(shudders) that's a fairy, though the kind of fairy that Tolkien would look at as being a fairy, I don't think so, even if she was wearing something.

With women, less is more.

Quote:
backs away, calls 9-1-1 (sirens) you are under arrest for displaying inappropiately attired women, er, nymphs, uh, fairies.

I didn't know the Taliban got back into power. Beware, mechanics and bricklayers!

And what on earth am I doing in a RPG thread? I feel so filthy.
I thank you kindly , Loss, for providing us with a suitable setting. The party is certainly not in waters. Yuck, the Cloveress does not like eating damp food. The faery powder might wear off and you wouldn't be bewitched.

Now, seeing as Vir isn't eating anything, I'm supposing that he's low in spirits. Therefore, I kindly flutter faery glitter onto his face to cheer him up (and bonus! to make him look like an idiot). I smirk as I soar up to the ceiling and nestle among the planks. "Take that, Tinkerbell."

But in due time, I come down again and bow politely to my guests, inviting them to eat more and even entreating Loss to a dance (which, if he had any sense, he'd refuse). The nymph princess loves my food, so I push a goblet of wine towards her, sit on the rim, dip one of my wings lightly into the wine , and then fly around her head to Loss's shoulder, specks of wine falling on both of them.

PS : I hope the faeries in your story are benign, Nywhagen.
Quote:
and then fly around her head to Loss's shoulder, specks of wine falling on both of them.

PS : I hope the faeries in your story are benign, Nywhagen.

of course I love the wine, as long as it is red! I hope this sprinkling of wine is no faery trick!

and I must appologise, for I do not know much about faeries, so would you elaborate on what benign means.
"No no," I laugh, "'Tis no faery trick. Just some sweet wine to freshen up your spirits."

Btw, "benign" means good, or kind.
Bowing politely 'i must refuse the offer of a dance, fair faery (or is it fairy), as the wine and delightful meal has slowed my reflexes and the farey dust seems to be wearing thin but of course maybe later when i feel the time is right, Clover' (is that good for a refusal Orc Grinning Smilie )

If we are all being fairies or Nymphs, then......

Allowing the wine to settle, Loss taken a few steps back and spread his wings and flew up to the tall branches of the green forest trees around, and landed gently and helped Clover to greet the guests as the feast seemed to be pretty low in people
Arriving at the door of the enchanted forest, Tari greets Cloveress and Loss and says softly,

"How proud i am to be here. I am Tari and i came by to investigate the beautiful music that i can hear. May i enter and be part of this magical event?"
'welcome, of course you may. take a seat.' said the Nymphatican princess, admiring Tari's beautiful blonde locks.
Tari sat anxiously, wondering about what will happen next. Everyone around her looked at her, wondering who she was. The music stopped.
When Lon suddenly entered the room and grabbed Taris hair and said ;"young girl ..tell me ,what are you doing out this time of nigth ?" Cloveress came to her rescue when...
I base this on Galadriel and Celeborn; very wise Orc Smiling Smilie

when.... the large oak doors started to swing in the silence, and slowly closed, but although Lon was in full flight of advancing to the doors, she stopped as well as everyone else and stood still in wonder (with Tari's hair in her hand, with the head attached) and slowly let go of her.

As the double doors shut, Loss taken the hand of Cloveress (who had rushed to help) and gently glided over and landed infront of the doors. To take Lon and the rest out of the spell, he spoke 'We cannot allow such bad conduct here, and to abuse one of our guests in such a way' and paused, then said 'now you may think that you can leave as you wish with your daughter i assume, but that is not the case, we are Nymphs here, and we do not look upon others as friends who act as an enemy, please be seated, unless Clover has words to say??'
Quote:
I based this on Galadriel and Celeborn:very wise

I know , just wanted to join in and didnt know what else to do at the timeSmile Smilie
hehe, play along im not having a go, its fun fun fun, but i think that i was very wise in that part Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
"Nay, lord, I have naught to say but to greet our guests and wish them a night of extremities." The Faery's eyes sparkled like the wine in the light, only they were deep green and not red. She withdrew her hand from her companion and bowed slightly to him (is this also a good enough refusal?). She glided over to pour wine for the newcomer Tari, and for her long,lost friend Mellon.
Mellon came towards her with a big smile on her face .."Hello again my precious friend " She was wearing a dress that was sparkling blue and wore a golden neckless. " I missunderstod your friend Taris way of how she wore her hair ..Isnt it still common to have flowers picked by the lake ?" she said silent as she looked at Cloveress
The faery responded with a mischievous smile. "Oh yes, those fools still pick the flowers by our lake, but odd things have been happening to them..." the Cloveress watched them drink their wine and dipped into her own glass. "Cheers."
'As it is custom for flowers to be picked by our lake, please do go down and pick them, but its not the custom for me especially to go down there as well' said Loss after the wine had been drank, then he sat down and poured himself the white wine, from the glittering silver grapes of the vineyard of the west of the forest and smelled the forest air
The Cloveress yawned and unfurled her wings in a strtch. "Ah! I think I'll retire. My regards to all of you." She inclined her head at all of them. "And now I must go to my beauty sleep!" She was gone in the blink of an eye.
Mellon was taken by suprise as Cloveress left the room."Why has the music stopped?" she said dissapointed as she look upon Loss
"Well, seeing as a few days have gone by, and my sleep has taken its effect, I am more than happy to announce the resumation of the feast and MUSIC please." She smiled with satisfaction as the soft tinkling faery music began again and she did a little somersault in mid-air. "Dance, won't you?"
"Sure will precious" Mellon said as she heard the tunes from the violin and began to dance towards the handsome man across the room
The Cloveress made the wine litter in the light again, and twirled in the air with her other fairy friends.
Feeling a little tipsy himself, Loss flew across the floor and perched himself on an invisible floating chair, (he was actually floating himself but he was sitting) and bobbed above the floor and wondering if Mellon/Lon was looking at him or someone else???
Mellon eyes searched across the room as she could she that most of her friends were getting a littlt tipsy . "What was in that drinks Cloveress gave us ?"she asked herself as she fell into the chair next to Loss seeing him doubble ..
Getting a little carried away with himself, Loss was pouring the very addictive wine down his throat like the world was to end, turned to Mellon, he hiccupped and spoke a little drunkenly 'although i have no memory of why i am here hic you're purdy, id ask you to dance, but apparently hic ive lost my legs' he had slowly started to float upside down and could find his legs on the ground, he started to lean closer and then fell back to to his invisible chair and continued to drink a little bit more.....
The Cloveress smiled serenely as she watched her guests gradually lose their heads and become silly fools. "Lovely wine, this," she tipped her glass towards the dancers.
Mellon was trying to get the attention from Cloveress by waving with her hand "Is it possibible to get a glass of water please ?"Mellon finally got up from the chair while she pulled Loss out and walked towards the door ."We need to shape up my friend "she whispered to Loss
laughing quietly to himself, Loss turned and looked deep into Loni's eyes and replyed, 'you have beautiful eyes,' and chuckling again he whispered 'dont tell anyone ok? but im drunk haha, yes but i need some sort of strong coffee to stop us from doing things abit madly, how do you think we should get outta here without acting crazy???'
"Hmm..I wont say a word" she laughed while replying and turned to Cloveress for help asking if she could be so kindly to make the musicians play Loss favourite tune so he would start dancing the..
...Macarona?

"Why, I wouldn't refuse such an innocent request from an honoured guest and dear friend, now would I?" the Cloveress tinkled with laughter. "Oh if only Bacchus could see the grandness of my halls now!"

The Macarona started to play...The Cloveress sat alone wondering if that was indeed what her guests wanted. Or maybe she had misheard and mellon had actually asked for Chopin's mazukas? Or was it the flamenco? Oh well, the beat was getting strong... and the Cloveress was now sure that it was not the Macarona that Mellon had requested. "I think she wanted something more like Luthien's dance...a pity I have not Daeron here."