Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: The Khazad-dumish Inn.. Please watch your head coming through the door.

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Roleplaying Guilds > The Khazad-dumish Inn.. Please watch your head coming through the door.   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] [50] [51] [52] [53] [54] [55] [56] [57] [58] [59] [60] [61] [62] [63] [64] [65] [66] [67] [68] [69] [70] [71] [72] [73] [74] [75] [76] [77] >>
Morohtar leapt from the Dragon, and carried the Dragons head into the inn.
"Bartender, I will be here for 4 Years, till my 26th birthday, when I take command of Chásor. Arthion is leading my Father to his grave, I will leave for it soon." Morohtar muttered, pulling out his wallet.
"Put me on a tab, I will pay it off, some day. All the Chásorian Wine is free for me, it is in my fathers contract." Morohtar continued, pulling out the Goblet of Surivan.
"And Death, are you sending the Dragon to the halls of Mandos?" Morohtar added, looking at the figure at the entrance.
THE SPIRITS OF DRAGONS ARE NOT UNDER MY JURISDICTION, replied Death. I DO NOT KNOW WHERE THEY GO TO.
He brushed his sleeve, then turned his fathomless gaze upon Morohtar again.
SHALL WE PROCEED WITH YOUR FATHER'S FUNERAL? he asked. SOMEWHERE IN THE WOOD NEAR THE INN WOULD SUFFICE.
"He is on a un-manned cart heading to Khazad-Dum, where his soldiers are gathering. I will join them in a few days, and head for the funeral." Morohtar explained, drinking an entire glass of wine in one go. He slipped off his chair in his sadness, and collapsed against the bar. He picked up 20 Arrows and put them in his quiver, before throwing his quiver onto his back. he pulled on his cloak, and pulled an arrow into his cross bow. With his other hand he picked up the staff of Surivan and walked to the cellar door.
"I am leaving now... AND SO ARE YOU!" Morohtar roared, firing an arrow at Death, and walked out without even watching the consequences. He walked for a few minutes, before running at full pelt down the corridors.
The arrow disintegrated about an inch from Death's nasal ridge, the dust blowing away into nothingness.
THAT YOUNG MAN NEEDS SOME SEVERE COUNSELLING, said Death, shaking his skull and going back to his seat. Noticing that his beer still wasn't there, he sighed and a foaming mug appeared in mid-air. Death grabbed it and took a long draught.
I COULD HAVE DONE THAT ALL ALONG, he said, BUT I JUST WANTED TO SEE IF THE SERVICE WAS ANY GOOD HERE. OBVIOUSLY NOT.
After a moment, he added:
BUT THE THINGS THAT GO ON SEEM ENTERTAINING ENOUGH. I SHALL STAY.
OOC: o_O; ...well, that's... dark. For here. I am amused by the insertion of Death, however. One of my favorite characters of the series.

Eva was relieved to note that even before Selen had an opportunity to do anything, the music seemed to have stopped. She had given Selen a very small amount of catnip anyway, along with the promised fish, and had been occupied with stroking the cat, Selen's loud purr drowning out much of the racket from other parts of the inn. When she finally exited the kitchen, she stared in surprise and annoyance at the broken window. She was also somewhat surprised to see that Eruheran was nowhere in sight.

She looked at Death and suddenly remembered the sign. "...I hope you sang for that," she said. "I didn't hear anything resembling a song from the kitchen."

OOC: He clearly needs to sing either a rock song or a Hogswatch carol.
...I can't anywhere without somebody dying >.> Oh dear...where was Ice now...throughout all of this...methinks you guys may be a bit too fast for me... <.<

Having once again teleported herself somewhere far distant...and apparently underwater, a very soaked Icefangs drifted down through the what was left of the ceiling and settled in the kitchen near Selen. The large cat looked up from her fish and purred happily, but her eyes met with Ice's and they seemed to exchange an unspoken conversation.

Ice shrugged and grinned and spite of herself, when suddenly she had a sense that another who could walk the realms of living and death was near. Following lightly after Eva, Ice stepped out of the kitchen, leaving droplets of water everywhere she went. The cat glanced up at her curious owner and sighed; in most cases for these two, curiousity did not get the cat...it got the wolf.

Upon the sight of Death sitting calmly at a barstool, Ice could do nothing but smile. "This inn is hardly ever dull..." she said quietly.
WELL, HERE'S ONE I MADE UP ON THE SPUR OF THE MOMENT, said Death.
He began to sing in a dark, chilling tone.

THE CHURCH BELL OF DOOM IS TOLLING,
THE ANGEL OF DEATH IS NEAR,
THE GHOST OF COWL AND SCYTHE,
SPREADING TERROR AND FEAR,

HE’S TAKING YOUR BREATH,
HE’S TWISTING YOUR SPINE,
HE POISONS YOUR SOUL AND,
HE POISONS YOUR MIND,

GRIM REAPER WILL GATHER IN HIS SEED,
BLOOD WILL SPLATTER HIS PATH,
A PHANTOM THAT’S SEALING YOUR DOOM,
THE DAMNED’S FOREBODING OF DEATH,

HE’S TAKING YOUR BREATH,
HE POISONS YOUR MIND,

RIDING HIGH ON THE BLACK WINGS OF DEATH,
LIKE A NIGHTMARE THAT’S CHOKING YOUR BREATH,
LIKE THE TERROR THAT BLACKENS YOUR SOUL,
IT’S THE DREAM WHERE YOU FALL IN A SIX FEET DEEP HOLE,

THE DICE OF LIFE ARE FALLING,
THE WEAK AND THE POOR WILL LOSE,
THE RICH IN THEIR IVORY TOWERS,
CAN’T FEEL THAT THEIR HEAD’S IN A NOOSE,

NO CHANCE TO TALK HIM ROUND,
THE BLACK DEATH IS SPREADING HIS WINGS,
HE’S THE ANGEL OF UNBRIDLED FEAR,
THE PAIN TO BEGGARS AND KINGS,

HE’S TAKING YOUR BREATH,
HE POISONS YOUR MIND,

RIDING HIGH ON THE BLACK WINGS OF DEATH,
LIKE A NIGHTMARE THAT’S CHOKING YOUR BREATH,
LIKE THE TERROR THAT BLACKENS YOUR SOUL,
IT’S THE DREAM WHERE YOU FALL IN A SIX FEET DEEP HOLE.

(All credits go to Running Wild (Black Wings of Death))

I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED IT, said Death. PERHAPS A LITTLE-LIGHT HEARTED FOR MY TASTE.
What Terry Pratchet book has death in it or what is the first book in the series.

The Door burst open, a Goblin from Moria crawled in, and sat down at the bar. He looked at Death, and smirked.
"Who are you? Silly Man!" The Goblin muttered, snatching and emptying Death's beer.
I have the same questions as CD Here.

Morohtar walked in, his fathers funeral had been in Moria so it had only taken 5 Hours to get there and back again. He saw a goblin snatch Death's mug, and Morohtar whipped out his cross bow, and fried at the goblin, ripping his finger off and landing on the inns sign about singing.
"You are lucky I didn't want you dead. Have you sung? Return the Mug." Morohtar grumbled, throwing his coat on the table.
"Fantastic song," she said with a smile and proceeded to return to the kitchen with her cat.

As voices she does not recognize reach Ice's ears, she stands once more and walks to the kitchen's doorway, watching the exchange intently. A goblin is shot in the finger by a man she doesn't know, and still Death sits at a the bar...its almost comical.
I killed him?! All I did was rip a finger off!

Morohtar looks at Icefangs, and lowers his cross bow.
"I am Son of Eruheran, who got killed by that freak with a skull mask on, Geoff, or whatever his name is." Morohtar grumbled,
"The Inn has just been attacked by a Dragon, if you didn't notice." Morohtar added, ruining the chirpyness of everyone else in the inn.
OOC: There are currently 38 books in the Discworld series (though don't worry - an A5-sized Discworld book averages around 300 pages), the latest being I Shall Wear Midnight. The first book in the series is called The Colour of Magic, and while not Pratchett's best, it certainly provides a good introduction to the Discworld. As to your second question, Death appears in all the books apart from The Wee Free Men, though in some books only has a few lines, and in some books he is a main charcater (Mort and The Reaper Man being examples). These are all comedic books, though Terry Pratchett is British and therefore has a British sense of humour (making the books full of wit, puns, parodies of our world, and ridiculous yet hilarious situations). Anyway, if you like the sound of the novels, by all means start reading them!
The Goblin saw his finger smack into a sign. He grumbled a poem before drinking more of Deaths Beer.
38 Books, 300 Pages of A5 Each. Cool. Could probably do a book a day.

Morohtar saw the goblin steal more beer, and shot another arrow through the hand of the goblin, shattering the mug.
"Stop now, or you are barred." He muttered, pulling out another arrow, slid it in then secretly aimed the crossbow at the head of the goblin underneath his cloak.
Death watched his glass being shattered, then shrugged and produced another foamy mug from the air.
IF YOU DO THAT AGAIN, GOBLIN, he said to the dirty green creature clutching its hand in pain, I WILL STOP YOUR HEART WITH A THOUGHT.
He set his ale down and took a rather small hourglass out of his cloak, all chipped, black rock and crude metal grilles, and inspected it.
STILL A FEW YEARS, he said. BUT FATE WON'T CARE IF I CHANGE THAT A LITTLE.
Morohtar pulled out his scimitar, and used the curved hilt to pick up some Chásorian wine (Funny shaped glass) and bring it over to him. He poured some out, offering it to Death and the Goblin.
The Goblin grabbed the wine bottle, and threw the glass he was offered in Morothar's face. He slammed the glass on the table, and swung it round, stabbing Morothar.
Morohtar winced, and smashed his own glass over the Goblins head, and fired his Crossbow, without even bothering to aim it, he then swung the crossbow and knocked the goblin out cold in one shot. He pulled out his scimitar, and grabbed the Goblins hands, and roped them together. Then, in one slice he severed the Goblins hands, and threw him through the window.
"Do not mess with Prince Morohtar of Chásor Sunshine!" Morohtar shouted,
"Return and you will be dead mate!" He added, glaring at the reviving Goblin.

OOC: Be normal please. This was a kind warning
The Goblin nipped to Tescos, got some new hands then returned to the inn, pulling out his sword then jumping at Morothar. He landed on the bar infront of him, and chopped down Morothars face, scarring him, before kicking him from his chair and jumping on top of him, and began to strangle him.
Last Warning

Morohtar kicked the goblin off him, and swung a punch back, hitting the goblin in the face. He then grabbed the Goblins sword, and stabbed it into the goblins arm, twisted it before severing the arm. He grabbed the goblin and dragged him to the cellar door, throwing him in.
"Go to Moria! The Dwarves shall decide your fate." Morohtar explained, slamming the door shut and barring it.

5 Hours down the tunnels are the mines of moria, who have a grudge against goblins. Return but don't provoke other members. Kill spiders in the cellars and stuff.
HOPEFULLY HE'S LEARNT HIS LESSON, said Death from his chair in the corner, which had begun to rot and wither slightly around the edges. He leaned his scythe wearily against a nearby wall. ALL I WANTED WAS A QUIET DRINK AND A REST, AND WHAT I GET IS ASSAULT, TWO CASES, A DRAGON AND A VIOLENT GOBLIN. He sighed. OH WELL. SEEMS TO BE OVER NOW.
Reflectively, he finished his beer and refilled it with ale.
PITY I CAN NEVER GET DRUNK.
The Goblin groaned, and ran to Khazad-Dum, got out and ran back. He threw the door open, and 50 Goblins ran in with him.
"I am Morgurg, leader of the Mafia of Mordor." The Goblin explained.
"We declare war with... you." Morgurg added, and his men ran off, planning to massacre Arthion and his men.
"Sorry about this, Guard of Mandos." Morohtar grumbled, running to the attic. From there he climbed to the roof and pulled out his long bow, and shot the goblin from a distance, and then shot a few more goblins until only 2 remained. He then ran back down, and charged out of the inn, waving the Staff of Surivan in one hand and a crossbow in the other, and chased them, roaring in-audibly.
OOC: Eruheran: Roaring inaudibly? Roaring without making any sound? That's a new one for the books. Big Smile Smilie
Morgurg suddenly felt a peircing pain to his head, and slumped. An arrow had taken him by surprise, and he died within seconds. Kug, his second In command pointed towards the forest, and they charged into it, and were slowly shot down from a distance. He ran back, and begged for mercy.
Fornac, I agree with all of that, but you left your italics on. I meant I was shouting un-understandable gibberish at them.

Morohtar saw a dragon rise from the forest, and was confused at where CaptainDuck kept finding dragons. He walked to the inn, and sat down at the bar.
"Soup Please." Morohtar muttered. A can of soup slid down the bar, and he opened it then A dragon popped out.
You are planning to attack this place I made up a couple of months ago? Don't bother. Attack King Smellessars Gondor instead, and just be like you would be in a normal inn, not some Mafia dude.
Morgurg sat down in the inn, and collapsed on the floor.
"I am sorry... I was hired by the Barad-Dúrish inn to attack you, along with Ebrond and his men." Morgurg explained,
Morohtar grinned that Kug had apologised, and walked over to death, and they walked to a corner.
"Keep an eye on him. Use your scimitar at the first sign of trouble." Morohtar muttered.
"I will contact my men at the Barad-Durish inn, and order to kill the people who hired these thugs." Morohtar muttered, heading for the attic, to send a pigeon

When are we continuing ADTFTN?
Done. Starting 'Barad-Durish Inn' Thread now.
Total Rip-Off Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie Big Smile Smilie

Morohtar pulled more wine from behind the bar, and finished half of it in under a minute.
OOC: I'm logging out now, but we should continue ADTFTN tomorrow, Eruheran. Thorin has been needing to edit a post, but we'll ignore that for now and keep going.
Its Up
OOC: Cool.
Morohtar stumbled down the stairs. He had changed from his Royal Clothing into a scruffy tunic and chain-mail, with his Cross-Bow and Scimitar round his belt and the Staff on his back. He grunted, and threw his maroon cape on the table, before collapsing on one of the seats.
GREETINGS, WARRIOR, said Death, from a shadowy, cold corner. The fire had been burning brightly before, but now had dwindled to a few glowing embers in his presence. I TRUST YOU HAVE RECOVERED FROM THE HECTIC EVENTS OF YESTERDAY?
Morohtar nodded, pouring himself some more ale.
"I had my fathers will delivered by pigeon. He is suing this inn for 2000 Gold Pieces, for all the wine that some ranger bloke drank, and he signed a contract saying all profits from his wine to go to the House of Surivan." Morohtar muttered, pulling out a scroll, and unrolling it.
"Arthion has hired someone to search the inn, and gave specific orders to use no force unless necessary. He wants 75% of the money from customers of the Inn, and will scavenge the rest from the cellars. However, the person he hired has been ordered to keep to the cellars, by me. I will accept donations for however long is needed." Morohtar added, picking up his fathers hat, then placing it on the bar.
Eva frowned. "...it doesn't seem fair to sue the inn for the wine that a customer drank. That's the responsibility of the individual, not the inn. And if there were any contracts signed concerning the inn itself, they can't be valid without Gimli or Grondy's signature..."
THAT SEEMS REASONABLE, said Death. HOWEVER, ARE YOU SURE THAT THE PRICE OF A FEW GLASSES IS TWO THOUSAND MITHRIL PIECES? SUCH A PRICE WOULD BUY A SMALL KINGDOM. PERHAPS MORE LIKE TWO HUNDRED, EVEN THOUGH THAT PRICE IS SKY-HIGH, OR TWENTY. OR TWO.

OOC: Mithril is extremely expensive, so make the inter-world exchange rate something along the lines of 1 MP to 40 dollars, or 30 pounds.
Sorted. 2000 Gold Pieces/200 Mithrill. The Wine is expensive
OOC: Eight thousand dollars for a bottle of wine? Are you serious?
OOC: People; Over at the Barad-Durish Inn we are hosting the first fighting tournament. PM me or post on that thread to enter.
OOC: Its Expensive Wine. 25%-50% of this will be stolen from the cellars so you won't be bankrupt for another few weeks. And CD, I am in.

Morohtar drank some more.
The Door Swung open, A Dwarf barged in, and jumped onto a seat. He noticed the sign.
"I am Eronuk, Warrior of Moria. You want a song? You want a song! YOU CAN'T HANDLE A SONG!" The Dwarf shouted, slapping the bartender.
"Fine..." Eronuk muttered.

Inn, Inn, you are Fine
with lots of wine.

Big, Big, I do Dig
but we kinda fig'
OOC: This is Captainduck, isn't it? With another account. Sorry mate, but I don't think that's allowed.
OOC: That almost worked. Where will we get a dude to rig the contest from?

Fornac, When are we continuing the KDI Historians thing? And I am meant to be gettin 'Color of Magic' at the weekend. Smile Smilie

Morohtar drank some more, and poured some water into a glass. He picked the glass up, and put his hand out. He quickly flipped the glass, and slammed it onto his hand, upside down. He slid it onto the table, and threw a napkin on top of it, before slamming his fist onto it. He slid the napkin away, and the glass and water had vanished. He picked the napkin up, and flapped it in the air. The Glass fell out, undamaged, and smashed on Death's head. Morohtar smirked, and flapped the napkin again, and the water splashed out, soaking Thorin.
Ashwyn had been watching all this from a table in the corner and was fnding this all extremely entertaining. The variety of personalities that came to the inn was astounding and the antics of some of them was beyond words. All in all this was the most fun she had had in a long time and was currently contemplating staying for a while to see how things played out. The food was exceptional too, so she honestly couldn't find a reason NOT to stay. So with a sigh she leaned back in her chair sipped some wine and waited for things to get interesting.
"You're cleaning up that glass. And paying for it," Eva said mildly as she bustled about behind the bar, re-familiarizing herself with the inn's stock.
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] [50] [51] [52] [53] [54] [55] [56] [57] [58] [59] [60] [61] [62] [63] [64] [65] [66] [67] [68] [69] [70] [71] [72] [73] [74] [75] [76] [77] >>