Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Shelob on the Bigscreen!!!

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Characters > Shelob on the Bigscreen!!!   
Quote:
(HobbitHomie05 gives a little yelp because she imagines something crawling up her leg!!!)*
That's the problem with spiders, all those little legs that can go crawling through our imaginations and we don't know where they are hiding or when they are creeping up on us.
Super Scared Smilie

I hope Shelob is rendered at least half as good as WETAs Gollum.

Watching HP and the Chamber of Secrets I decided I was more afraid of the dog sized spiders than car sized ones, and I wouldn't want to meet either without a good double-edged long-sword or a shotgun. But for the little ones we can Stomp 'em, Bash 'em, Stone 'em, an' Smash 'em! Cool Smilie

Me an' the red haired kid don't like spiders: no how, no way!
Sad Smilie I saw HP and the Chamber of Secrets also and I was scared watching the scene with that big spider even though it looked like a bunch of pipe cleaners put together. Now Shelob I know is going to look good (and by good I mean scary)!! The way he walks is so cool, on the preview he was walking down the staircase chasing Frodo and he moved exactly like a real spider!!! Super Scared Smilie < That's my exact face when Shelob comes crawling out. Now I don't have a problem with snakes, alot of people do, but I just can't figure why? Their so beautiful and smooth, what's not to love??
But spiders???? Super Scared Smilie
Quote:
The way he walks is so cool, on the preview he was walking down the staircase chasing Frodo and he moved exactly like a real spider!!! < That's my exact face when Shelob comes crawling out. Now I don't have a problem with snakes, alot of people do, but I just can't figure why? Their so beautiful and smooth, what's not to love??

He?? Shelob is a female. Anyway, from what i saw of her in the trailer i thing she looked not big enough, at least nog as big as i imagined her to be. She looks more like one of her lower descendants from Mirkwood, imho.

I have seen the commercial of the movie but I havenīt seen Shelob....is she big?
Quote:
I have seen the commercial of the movie but I havenīt seen Shelob....is she big?

We only see her 'face' (heh good wordchoice). But she doesn't appear to be very big.

The final answer will come on december 17th i guess, when we will all go and watch the commercial movie.

[Edited on 9/12/2003 by virumor]
sorry I know she is a she I just flubbed. At the end of the TTT movie when gollum is talking to himself and he says "Or she could do it? Yes, yes she could do it!!" hes talking about Shelob right? Me and my friend Sheri were talkin about that. At first I thought he was talking about the ring but then I didn't know about Shelob soooo........
Yes, Gollum was talking about Shelob.
What?
I'd rather have spiders be big and humongous so I can at least see them; I hate the little ones that crawl into your mouth when you sleep outside. Crunch! bleh...

No, seriously, bigger is better. Since then you know what to run from lol. Super Scared Smilie Shocked Elf Smilie
I can't wait to see Shelob's big beautiful hairy body on screen,hehe...I love spiders and won't be the least bit scared during the movie. (okay,maybe a wee bit.)
Quote:
I hate the little ones that crawl into your mouth when you sleep outside.
I can't say I'd appreciate Shelob crawling into my mouth either Wink Smilie
You guys won't believe this but one of my friends won a radio call-in and will be going to see ROTK tomorrow, December 11! I'm so jealous! He thought I would kill him for the tickets but I said I only would've broken his legs at the knees...I'm not THAT mean.
LadyFeawen man I wish I could be like you and not be scared but I just am!!!! Sad Smilie are you scared of snakes??? Im not!!! Waaahhhoo!!! Some thing a lot of people are scared of Im not!!!! yah!!!
No,not really. I been bitten by the non dangerous kind alot when I was too young to know better then to pick them up, so I dont fear snakes that much.
Hobbit, just face your fears. Smile Smilie
Welcome to our forum HR. Happy Elf Smilie

If the spiders that live in my apartment stay out of the people area and keep in the corners except near my bed, I won't 'swat' them and usually will help them safely out of the sinks where they get trapped after wetting their whistles. After all, they do keep the skeeter, gnat, fruit fly, and midge populations from bothering me.

Though, I do have two reproductions of 'Sting' that I use to keep the dog-sized spiders under control, ones the size of Shelob need not apply. I'd rather not have to unlimber my 12 gauge, L.C. Smith, double barreled, shotgun just to prove who's boss; the recoil would probably knock me and my wheelchair hindside over tea kettle. Elk Grinning Smilie
Me and my husband both are afraid of spiders! Super Scared Smilie
Our 14 months old daugther on the other hand isn't scared of anything yet. So we are planning to teach her to remove the spiders and put them outside. Orc Grinning Smilie
Quote:
Hi. I don't why I'm replying to this, I'm not even scared of spiders. But man, am I scared of SHelob!!!!! Who wouldn't be? Oh yeah, that's right, someone already fainted wouldn't. Alright, so I didn't yelp, and when I see the Return of the King I'm probably going to go: "Cool! Hey, Janelle, come and see this!" to see her scream. But I'm just saying that hope is not lost! There are people in the world who seek out spiders and kill them for people like you! I am one. So fear not! I shall save you! But not from Shelob, sorry, I don't do things that are bigger than me.

It just occurred to me that Shelob is a black widow.
Quote:

U mean, like she-just-ate-her-mate-and-now-is-resting type or the species one? Heeeeeheee!

Namarie!
Quote:
I don't remember Sam's saying anything about seeing a red hour-glass on her underside. Is that your interpretation or PJ's? Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Quote:
U mean, like she-just-ate-her-mate-and-now-is-resting type or the species one? Heeeeeheee!

Indeed she did. She even killed most of her lower offspring.

Quote:
I don't remember Sam's saying anything about seeing a red hour-glass on her underside. Is that your interpretation or PJ's?

Of course Sam didn't notice this : he concentrated on trying to save his master. And Sam never was the brightest hobbit. Besides, i believe black widows have a red marking on their upperside.

[Edited on 17/12/2003 by virumor]
Quote:
Of course Sam didn't notice this : he concentrated on trying to save his master. And Sam never was the brightest hobbit.

Sam had a lot of common sense!
As a gardner he probably knew a few things about spiders, i guess.
Quote:
Besides, i believe black widows have a red marking on their upperside.
Mother Nature added the warning sign on the underside, which is uppermost as the spider usually hangs upside-down in its web.
Quote:
The female Black Widow is shiny black, usually with a reddish hourglass shape on the underside of her spherical abdomen. Her body is about 1.5 inches long. Adult males are harmless, about half the female's size, with smaller bodies, longer legs and usually have yellow and red bands and spots over the back as do the immature stages.

- from http://www.desertusa.com/july97/du_bwindow.html
When I was a teenager hand hoeing weeds on our eastern Washington farm, I picked up the carcass from an old tire that was lying on the ground, intending to sit on its upper tread while I took a break. Just as I started raising it, I noticed just a few inches from my fingers in the tires interior, this large shiny black arachnid. Super Scared Smilie Needless to say I dropped the tire forthwith. After I investigated and saw that red hourglass, I proceeded to disembody the critter with my hoe.
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WOULD HAVE FREEKED OUT AND START RUNNING AWAY AND NEVER EVER RETURN!!!! I WOULD SHAKE AND TREMBLE AND PROBABLY HAVE TO GO SEE A MENTLE DOCTER EVENTULLY BECAUSE I'D NEVER BE ABLE TO SLEEP!!!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!