Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Aragorn

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Characters > Aragorn   
I have heard Aragorn mom was a elf. Could this mean Aragorn is part elf and can be related to Elrond and Arewen? Just wondering if he (Tolkien) made Aragorn look like a pervert. Sorry to all you Aragorn fan out there.
Hey Lord of llamas....welcome to PT! About your question...not sure about the details but I'm almost positive Aragorn's mother was human as was his father. His lineage came from the line of Numenor, which had its basis in Elros (Elrond's brother). But I believe that was the only elven influence that can be accounted to his lineage. When he married Arwen he reinvigorated the bloodline by introducing her elven genetics. As for the pervert image, not sure what you're referring to. Guess I didn't think he came off looking like that in the movies, and definitely not like that in the books. Perhaps you should elaborate on what you mean by that. Thanks for listening, and again...welcome to PT!
dare i tell him the tale of Túrin Turambar? Big Smile Smilie
srry alll u guys, and once again srry 2 all Aragorn fans, for he was a cool guy. Now i was told by a friend, so he owes me. sry again 4 all non sense stuff like the perverted marriage wise crack. and thank u for the welcome Terrijayne. I thought being a pervert ment marring a family member an d all that wrong stuff. Very Sad Smilie I feel so emberessed. *feels like crying* Boy I sure messed up. And I spouse u could tell the story of T'urin Turombar, the Redear's Digest verzion plz.
Quote:
And I spouse u could tell the story of T'urin Turombar, the Redear's Digest verzion plz.

Reader's Digest? What has RD got to do with LOTR? Please explain the connection! And nothing to feel sorry about your question or anything. We were quite pleased to answer the question and clear any doubt that you might be having. And we'll always entertain any question and try to answer it as best as we can.

And as for the story of Turin...you ought to read "the Silmarillion". Its a long and a very sad story.
Quote:
Reader's Digest? What has RD got to do with LOTR? Please explain the connection!

Reader's Digerst version is just another way of saying condensed version or shorten the long story with just the main points of the tale. Read Smilie
I would think 'reader digest version' means a short version. But It should be read in as it is. Such a sad story. Very Sad Smilie And don't tell it here in the Aragorn thread. Go look for the thread about Túrin. Smile Smilie
Hehe, Nelly posted while I was typing incredibly slow. Smile Smilie
Oh well thanks for the explanation, Nell and sis. I thought the magazine Reader's Digest was being talked about here. Lovely magazine that!! Smile Smilie
Quote:
I have heard Aragorn mom was a elf. Could this mean Aragorn is part elf and can be related to Elrond and Arewen? Just wondering if he (Tolkien) made Aragorn look like a pervert. Sorry to all you Aragorn fan out there.

Aragorn' s mother was Gilraen, a Dúnedain woman. Hence : no Elf.

Both Aragorn and Arwen are related, but very very far, as Aragorn is a descendant of Elros through numerous generations and Arwen is Elrond's daughter - with Elrond being Elros's brother.

Galadriel would be more pervert than Aragorn, as Galadriel married her cousin in the second degree : Celeborn, as Celeborn was Elmo's grandson and Galadriel Olwë's granddaughter, with Olwë and Elmo being brothers.

And Turin was not a pervert, as he was UNAWARE that he was with his sister. Give the lad a break, he was under a curse by Morgoth himself. A Freudian nightmare.
c'mon virumor, gimmie a break. i said that i was sorry i called aragorn a pervert.
Quote:
And Turin was not a pervert, as he was UNAWARE that he was with his sister. Give the lad a break, he was under a curse by Morgoth himself. A Freudian nightmare.

I KNOW HE WAS UNAWARE, it was a joke, lighten up! I only said "dare i tell him the story." Turin is my favourite Tolkien character, so i would never bad mouth him.

Hey Rana lilly I know of a couple other names for Aragorn...
Elessar
Elfstone
Telcontar (is the name of his royal house, it's is the Elvish translation from Strider)
Thorongil (a name he used in his used in his youth when performed services between Rohan and Gondor)
Wingfoot (Eormer gave him this name, but never used it much)
Turin forgot Aragorn's most noble name : Longshanks.

Am I correct in saying that Galadriel was mother to Arwens's mum. Making Aragon a grandson-in-law!! Wiggle Smilie
Yes that is correct. Arwen's mother, Celebrian, was Galadriel's daughter
Miruvor, these posts are confusing the threads. If they are fan fiction written by you please post them in the Writer's Guild. If they have a relevance to the discussion then indicate what that is.

How about entering the Very Short Story Competition?

Post deleted.

Don't worry about that short story thingie. I'll send in my shopping list.
As long as it is set in Middle-earth... Waiting with worms on my tongue...{1}

Go on, you know you want to.

{1} waiting with baited breath
I can't write a decent story in English, it's not my first language.

All i can do is write a story in Dutch, and let it be translated by a pundit, but that would be cheating. Hence, i'll refrain.

I don't need the mithril anyway. Got plenty.
Can't write a decent story in English, Mir? Bah! You write better than most of us who speak English as a first language.

I understand what Vee is saying though; I get a little confused as to where the stories you are posting come from -- if you write them, or if someone else does, or if you adapt it from something. I do enjoy them though, and hope you don't stop posting them.
I have no idea where i should post my pieces of applicability. It's not really fan fiction, after all.
I'd be inclined to either create a thread in the Writing Guild where you can display them, or continue as you have within the character threads, but clearly denote them as being fiction (as if the actual stuff written by Tolkien wasn't).

Please don't stop, though. They are fun.
I suggest they go in the Writer's Guild because they do confuse the threads as they are not really part of the discussion.
OK, i shall go forth as suggested.