Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: If you lived in Ea wich caract

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Characters > If you lived in Ea wich caract   
if you lived in Middle Earth which character would you like to be?
Me. For one thing, there's a predestination issue with the written characters, or else an issue of living up to the standard expected. And I certainly wouldn't want to be Shagrat any more than I'd want to be Narg. I think I'd want to be a Noldorin me though, even if I had to worry with a certain someone nipping at my heels telling me how awful are the Noldor in general and the Sons of Fenor in particular. ;-p
Which cataract? Hmm, hard to say. A green one, probably.

As for character, hmm probably Ar-PhÔrazon, or Arvedui. Anti-heroes rule.
Arvedui? I'm sorry, who is that?

But as for me, I'd be happy being an Elf, maybe Finrod, or Beleg. But another alternative would be an Entwife, hiding in the recess of some mountain, giggling madly as we watch the Ents search for us in their murky forests.
Arvedui was the last king of one of the northern kingdoms, I forget which, lost (along with his Palantirs) in the Ice Bay of Forochel while seeking aid to restore his overrun demesnes. It was from him that Aragorn and all the Chieftains of the Rangers of the North descended. His name means "Last King" because Malbeth prophecied he would be the last king of the northern kingdom either becuase he would rule over the reunited kingdoms of Gondor and Arnor or his claim would be rejected and the northern kingdom perish. His claim to Gondors crown WAS rejected in favor of Earnur, nephew (IIRC) of the previous king, who proved a horrific choice, thus effectively terminating the royal lines of the northern AND southern kingdoms. This is all from memory though; consult Encylopedia of Arda if you want the straight dope. Or Virumor, when he comes by to correct me. Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie

On the plus side, at least we know what happened to the coy Entwives, though this if the first I've heard of their fondness for mountains. Certainly if they were there and the Ents went looking for them in places like the Shire they were on a snipe hunt.
About Arvedui: no comment.

The Entwives seemed more prissy than coy to me. Seems like they paid for their attitude though; for didn't JRRT write that they moved to Rhovanion, to the lands which later became known as the "Brown Lands", meaning they prolly all perished by the manhandling of nature?

*insert evil sounding series of 'hoom' and 'brooraroum' here*
well isee that Ninerl has gotten rid of her 'caps lock' problem, um which charater would i be, i would probably be Gandalf or another wizard, becuase for one, id love to live through the ages and see everything go by (as in events not sitting there watching time pass) and i would have a cool staff and plus if i kinda died id be sent back by the Valar!!! i would personally live in Lorien with Galadriel, she seems nice when not trying to be a dark queen.
Quote:
i would probably be Gandalf or another wizard, becuase for one, id love to live through the ages and see everything go by (as in events not sitting there watching time pass)

Well Gandalf and his fellow Istari merely dealt with 2000 years of the Third Age, that's all. If you'd want it all, you'd have to be Sauron, or Durin's Bane. Or Galadriel herself.
hmmm can i be a male Galadriel??? i mean not Celeborn, a new person or i could be the ring!!! and possess everyone mwahahaha, but i do keep forgetting that the Istarti cam to middle earth in the third age, well then ill edit that

I would like to live through the 2000 years and watch the events go by?? okay???
Quote:
I would like to live through the 2000 years and watch the events go by?? okay???

Well done, boy!

*hands over a cookie*

Quote:
hmmm can i be a male Galadriel???

That would explain then why her mother called her Nerwen = 'man-maiden'.
*chews on cookie smiling to the chocolatiness*

Quote:
That would explain then why her mother called her Nerwen = 'man-maiden'.

hmm so did Peter Jackson pick Cate Blanchett to be Galadriel becuase she looked more of a man???
I'd like to be Tom Bombadil... not only because he is a merry fellow... but to find out who he is. I'm sure if i was him i'd finally find out who he really is.
Oooo, that's a nice one. If I had to pick a character other than me it would have to be Tuor, because he got to see Gondolin at the peak of glory, meet Turgon and, of course, marry a leggy blonde Noldorin princess. Plus it seems he's not dead, though I'm still not sure how the Valar talked Eru into that.
A ranger of the north. Perhaps one of the 30 who came to Aragorn?
Either a dwarf from moria or a soldier in the last alliance.
Definitely Beren. I mean, he got Luthien for pete's sake. Hottest babe of the elves! So what if a giant wolf ate his hand.
rofl...sacrificing for the hot babes, very noble....i think i should like to be arwen or just an elf....the long life span would be wonderful although i'm more like a hobbit in nature, specially when it comes to eating.
I've already created my own ME character, and given him some history. Though, I still haven't decided if he's a man or an elf. Elf Confused Smilie Problem! Elk Grinning Smilie
I'd be my own character, travelling ME, fighting creatures of Morgoth and Sauron, orcs, balrogs, and slaying them, rescueing damsels and beautiful princesses in distress. Orc Grinning Smilie
caract eh? is that German for carrot?

Not at all. Carrot is Wurzel in German.

and where exactly did you come upon the word 'caract'?
Quote:
and where exactly did you come upon the word 'caract'?
Look at the title of this thread. Our new thread program limits the number of characters in thread titles. The full title Ninerl wanted is in the body of the first post.
In Middle Earth I'd be a Hobbit in a wooded corner of the Shire. I'd keep a small herd of ponies and do a lot of baking and weaving and have a lot of peace and quiet.
Hmm, now I'd say I'd choose to be Boromir. His brother is just too much the perfect son-in-law, although he did manage to tame a lioness of Rohan.