Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Characters starting with C ?

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Characters > Characters starting with C ?   
anyone that can tell me some char starting with the letter C?
and tell me who they are?
Carcharoth - Dread wolf of Angband who swallowed a Silmaril which tormented him for as long as he lived.
This is the only one I can think of immediately.
The first two that spring to mind is

Celeborn: Lord of Lorien

Celebrían: the above's daughter and wife to Elrond

but there are many more Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Curufinwë, Curufin, Celegorm, Celebrimbor, Círdan, Caranthir, Cirion, ad nauseam.

Just go to The Encyclopedia of Arda and look under the letter 'C' and you'll find everything you want so badly.
I thought of giving him that link, but then I thought, it could see if we could think of some without googling or other forms of finding out......
Quote:
I thought of giving him that link, but then I thought, it could see if we could think of some without googling or other forms of finding out......

I thought of providing a link Tolkienforums, but we're not that desperate yet, eh? And I pray we'll never be either.
Amen to that.........
Yes indeed I had forgetten all those names beginning with C. For some reason when asked to think of names and such beginning with certain letters I seem to conk out...
Culúrien = Laurelin
Curufin = father of Celebrinbor
Curufinwë = Feanor's birth name
Curunír = Saruman

These are just a few I found in Robert Forester's Complete Guide to Middle-earth at the end of the Cs.

You could also check the indexes at the end of RotK, The Silmarillion, and Unfinished Tales for more names. Read Smilie
In addition to the Feanorians, we also have
Cirdan the Shipwright
Celebrindal, name of Idril
Cuthalion, "Strongbow", who is also Beleg,
Camlost, "Empty-handed" who is Beren
some others that might not be in the back of the Sil.
And Cloveress Smile Smilie
Cheers, Mellon! Ha Ha Ha Smilie

Still, I believe there should be a lot more C characters than what' we've come up with! I mean, I distinctly remeber the "Cele"s, the "Car"s and the "Curu"s but there HAS TO BE MORE!!!
Certainly there are, but we gave him sources to look for them himself as well as a few examples. A task is usually much more meaningfully memorable if one has to do part of the work completing it by oneself. Teacher Smilie Except I was always filled with umbrage when my teacher said, "There's the dictionary, look-up the spelling of the word yourself." Jumping Flame Smilie
Quote:
Except I was always filled with umbrage when my teacher said, "There's the dictionary, look-up the spelling of the word yourself."

Yeah me too, but it's amazing, it really does make a big difference in your ability to commit the word to memory. Cheers to all good teachers Read Smilie

Though back to the topic: I can't think of any names beginning with a C that haven't already been mentioned. Elf Confused Smilie
Quote:
Though back to the topic: I can't think of any names beginning with a C that haven't already been mentioned.

Cupcake, used by Queen Evenstar for King Elessar.