Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: The Weird Talents Guild

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Misc Guilds > The Weird Talents Guild   << [1] [2] [3]
Quote:
I can both belch and fart at the same time. Guess what you don't implode!

seriously? if you can, you are now among my top favorite people! Cool Smilie
Quote:
seriously? if you can, you are now among my top favorite people!
Why thank you.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Really? I would be interested to be presented with a comprehensive study of the nature of this monumentous feat.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You probably could even obtain a government grant to make said study if you make your proposal strong enough.
No, we live in britain, only football teams get goverment grants.
U know that thing I said I could do with my hip, well, I can now do it with both, it wasn`t until a while ago I found out I was double jointed in both hips...It`s really wierd, when I`m wearing jeans, my mates ask me to show them again and my bone comes out of place, well looks like it, but when I do it on the hip that I`ve only just found out I can do it on, it hurts. Sad Smilie But I still do it! Big Smile Smilie

We were walking home once talking about double joints, don`t ask me y, and my best mate said, go on Shazz, show `em ur hip. so I showed them and all the way home they were trying to do the same and they looked like right geeks doin it, we all had a laugh though.

My mate Brogan sits down on the floor, puts her legs out straight, picks up her knee cap and moves it from side to side, even I picked it up, it`s GROSS! Big Smile Smilie
Quote:
My mate Brogan sits down on the floor, puts her legs out straight, picks up her knee cap and moves it from side to side, even I picked it up, it`s GROSS!
I can do that! Big Smile Smilie
WB MIM!!! Big Smile Smilie I have been waiting for your returnal, believe it or not! Dunce Smilie

ok and now for something completely different
no, just kidding, but seriously, I know almost every song made my Monty Python by heart. Is that a weird talent?
Quote:
Quote:
My mate Brogan sits down on the floor, puts her legs out straight, picks up her knee cap and moves it from side to side, even I picked it up, it`s GROSS!
I can do that! Big Smile Smilie

Pere! Seriously?! With Brogan, it runs throug her family...Big Smile Smilie

Do u have any idea where u got it from?

Not sure Aire...
Quote:
WB MIM!!! Big Smile Smilie I have been waiting for your returnal, believe it or not! Dunce Smilie

ok and now for something completely different
no, just kidding, but seriously, I know almost every song made my Monty Python by heart. Is that a weird talent?
That's a great talent! Can you sing well?
Well there you go Aire, coinsidering we were discusing my career before.

It's fun to charter an accountant
And sail the wide accountancy,
To find, explore the funds offshore
And skirt the shoals of bankruptcy.

It can be manly in insurance.
We'll up your premium semi-annually.
It's all tax-deductible.
We're fairly incorruptible.
We're sailing on the wide accountancy!
Weird talents? Well, I have this amazingly weird tallent of not being able to get a job (9 interviews so far. ack!)
Also I can read through a book as thick as a brick in one day.
okay, those arn't weird tallents, their pretty naff actualy. But I used to be able to get my toes in my mouth...and the other day I almost licked my elbow! Joy!
Quote:
...and the other day I almost licked my elbow! Joy!
You can do it if you use a cleaver or really dislocate your shoulder by a bunch. Another method would be to hire Professor Lockheart to repair your broken arm: resulting in the removal of the bones making it a limp noodle. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
I can wiggle one eyebrow at a time (can't everyone?)

I can breathe.

I can beat a burly senior who lifts weights at arm-wrestling even though my arm is smaller around than my ankle.

I can get teachers to like me and to accept insane excuses for not having homework. Tongue Smilie

I can manage to shoot a bow and arrow and have the arrow go 30 feet in the wrong direction...

I can scream even louder and higher than the movie Nazgl, though my voice is very VERY deep.

Blh, etc.
I Lol, right on Arcorma, except that arrow thing... Dead Smilie
I seem to have a talent for getting things stuck in my nose ,but you really don't want to hear about that...
I have a talent for giving LotR-quotations in really every situation I get in...
I have a talent
My eyes change colour with my emotions or if i think really hard about it i can change them.

When i dream i will see like 20 different sences and later i will live them
And this talent got a lot Stronger when My boyfriend

Umm I am obsested with this guy name Jojo And he REALLY Likes me yet it's been a year an a half an we are still not dating Sad Smilie

Tiger_Eyes Wolf Smilie
*Member of the Amarie rocks club*
*Member of the always Happy club*
Orc Grinning Smilie
Fave Quote: *You Foul Loathsome Evil Little Crockroach*
well me back.
I can wiggle my ears.
I can move one eye while the other stays still.
I can flare my nose.
I can wiggle my little toe.
I am double-jointed on my third and fourth finger.
I can make really wierd noises.
I can fart with my mouth, butt, armpits and hands.
i can breathe fire
i can't lie without saying that i did. i lied
I can pull a hat out of a rabbit.
I have the talent of making/getting myself sick or having an asthma attack! Big Smile Smilie
I hope it's still a talent, hopefully people have not found how to do it yet. Paranoid Smilie
I have a talent for killing ants with boiling water when they infest my kitchen!!
Quote:
I have a talent for killing ants with boiling water when they infest my kitchen

The WWF has now been notified.
I'm late again, sorry. So many things to reply to now.

Ah, Compute! and the C64, that takes me back; C64 pinball is still the best, even if my dad always beat my high score sooner or later. For anyone interested, there's tons of C64 simulators online, and lots of reduxes of all your favorite old software (just make sure you match extension with simulator.)

If anyone has tips on rolling one handed I'd much appreciate them. It's a skill I've never mastered and I'm tired of having to stop what I'm doing to roll, but I smoke like a chimney. Rolling machines have always worked just fine for me, but it seems a horrible waste of money for something I can just as easily do myself. Yes, it's much cheaper than pre-fab (about half as much even in TX, less elsewhere) but I roll so loosely I twist both ends (I wanna smoke it, not eat it) and recommend the same for others. On the subject of other paper filler I did once kill half a watermelon in ten minutes, and everything was fine 'til I stood up to dump the rind, at which point my stomach informed me that it didn't like going from totally empty to totally bursting that quick. Oh, well.

Football rules, there's nothing like it. If you start with basics and work up it makes perfect sense and is quite an art (except in the NCAA where you have hundreds of players on one team; what's up with that?) For example: once upon a time, there were few rules. After a series of serious accidents 'round the turn of the century football was almost made illegal. Thus, the flying wedge went the way of the dodo, and the rule now is you have to have seven men on the line of scrimmage. Only the one on each end can catch passes; anyone BEHIND the line can (when you hear/see "slot" receivers, this is why.) You can't block downfield on a pass 'til it's touched (no clocking the guy trying to catch the ball, but if it's tipped at the line, enjoy.) Anything else anyone wants to know I can probably tell you; it makes a lot of sense and is almost an art when done well (Shanahan is an offensive genius, and for all those "Coach Chucky" fans, remember who won all the head to heads between them.)
Um, wierd talents ... well, I've always been able to read backwards and/or upside down (so much so that I don't really think of it as a talent, but everyone else seems to have trouble with it, or so Da Vinci thought.) ?thguoht I sa nommocnu sa siht sI
Quote:
?thguoht I sa nommocnu sa siht sI
.oot drawkcab epyt ot redrah si tI .nwodedispu daer t'nac I hguoht ;yllaer toN

Quote:
there's tons of C64 simulators online,
I use VICE on my PC, though usually I just fire-up my 1985 Commodore 128 in 64 mode as that computer is next to my TV, so I can play on it while watching mind numbing TV programs.
I can:
flap my nostrils
cross my fingers, but than in all combinations.
I know Pi up till 25 decimals. 3.1415926535897932384626433
I used to know the phone numbers of all the girls from my class.
I can remember all sorts of numbers if I want to, but not letters.
I can make the sound of a tooter/horn like the monster in sesamistreet.
I can 'sing' like bands as Hocico and Suicide Commando without using any effects (they use a multi-pitchshifter to get a distorted effect).
I can put on make-up more skillfully than many girls (I'm a guy).

There are more, but I can't remember them at the moment.
I can walk and chew gum at the same time...does that count? Big Laugh Smilie

Seriously though, hmmm...let's see, I can fence better than many a man. How's that? That probably isn't "weird" enough though. I like to run really long distances -- like 20-26 miles. That might be weird to some.
Oh yeah, I forgot one:
I can stick my tongue up my nose. So I can eat out my nose without using a finger.
Quote:
Oh yeah, I forgot one:
I can stick my tongue up my nose. So I can eat out my nose without using a finger.

yuuuccckk Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie

I can make mouth the sound of a trumpet - I have my hubby in fits of laughter, he keeps aksing me to 'play it again Marion' I toot along to loads of songs etc....

I can roll my tounge - did you know at least one of your parents must also be able to do this!!

I can say the alphabet with my hands - for the deaf - although I can't put it together to say anything. One Eye Smilie

When I was young I had a penfriend in Scotland and we used to write to each other backwards - also on toilet paper Very Mad Smilie Disturbed Smilie
Maydmarion: You mean you can roll the sides of your tongue up and over so they almost touch at the top, and when you blow through it, it makes the edges of your tongue tickle for a while afterwards. That I can do.

I also hope your stationary was unsoiled, except for ink or graphite that you later applied. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
I can do that too
and turn my tongue sideways so that the top is on the bottom.
I can also touch my nose with my tongue so Deathmc is not the only one.
I can touch the chin with my toungue.
I can do other things that arent as weird so i will end here and also not continue the list of my toungue tricks.
dreiw yllaer si ti kniht sdbeurf ym of llA .nwodedispu dna sdrawkcab dear dna etirw osla nac I )1
2) Another wierd thing i can do is i can stay on the internet for 12 hours without getting up or eating or being bored. (k so maybe this isnt so wierd.)
3) I can wiggle my ears without using my hands.
4) I can wiggle my nose like a rabbit.
5) i can also use the deaf alphabet.
6) i can also curl my tongue and flip it over.
Cant think of anymore right this second....
If Rivendellelf1977 can actually do his above #2, he must have a hollow leg, he's plumbed directly to the drains, or his computer is accessed from his loo. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
1) It might not be that weird to some, but I can ride a unicycle and juggle clubs. I don't know anyone else that can (except for my dad...but he isn't very good at either).
2) I can sleep for 24 hours straight...although I do have to take a bathroom break, but then it is right back to sleep.

I can't think of any thing else...May be I'll have some later.
Ooooo, that sounds familiar. I recall once in HS one summer during my annual read-Tom-Sawyer-twice-Huck-Finn-once-every-summer I crashed after finishing Huck (and bread in sugar, then flipped and dropped again; "mmmm, sugared bread," more on that later) at 6AM on Saturday, knowing I had to be up by 6PM for NextGen. Well, I woke up later, raced from my room, and found I had timed it perfectly: five 'til six. Over to the TV and just a few minutes. Then a few minutes more. Then half an hour. "What the #@$@#?" Shortly thereafter I diagnosed the problem: it was Sunday. Not that twenty four isn't impressive; I have to REALLY sleep dep to do that (though I bet I could do it now if I tried.)

And, one I forgot to mention earlier, Pet Phrase #69: "There's a ubiquitous Simpsons phrase for every occasion, and I know 95% of 'em."

"You forgot rule number one: kill Homer Simpson." (unknown Simpsons episode; I don't need tapes for this, folks.) And now, my alarm just went off, so... Homer Time.

The juggling unicylce thing (that sounds like a neat talent, too) though... wow.
ha ha very funny Very Big Grin Smilie (not) you took my post to literally! i still have to go to the bathroom but i can not be boared Boring Smilie or eat!!!!

ps im not a he! i is a she, mr. grondmaster.
Sorry about that Ms. Rivendellelf1977, we often fail to pick up on non-gender specific names and sometimes even on the specific ones.
I just found this little topic and would like to post my own weird talents:

1)I can make my left index finger touch the top of my hand.
2)All of my fingers are double-jointed, I can make each of the bend down and touch my wrist (my friends say its weird, cause they can't do it...)
3)Not really a talent, but I've accidentally snorted a pepperoni....

Quote:
3)Not really a talent, but I've accidentally snorted a pepperoni....
So did your sinuses enjoy it, or did they ask you in no uncertain circumstances not to do that again? Jumping Flame Smilie
I can flare my nostils and roll my tongue. I can sign the alphabet with my hands althought I can't talk to anyone deaf as I'm not fast enough.

I learned to type on a really old typewriter and I passed my school exams on one doing 60 words a minute. On these 'new fangled keyboards' Ha Ha Ha Smilie I can do 90 words a minute - my hubby says it's almost as fast as I can talk Wink Smilie
What, your chatterbox has slowed down in your old age? Why I figured you could talk twice as fast. Still when one wants someone to listen and not to be talking to a wooden post, it does make sense to slow it down enough that the other's ears can gather it all in rather than just flapping after the odd word here and there. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
I have this weird talent of guessing the end of movies Wink Smilie ...annoys my husband to no end. All I say is, "Oh, I know what's going to happen," and I'm almost banished from the room.
Quote:
All I say is, "Oh, I know what's going to happen," and I'm almost banished from the room.

Guess that weren't movies directed by M NIght Shyamalan then.
Quote:
I have this weird talent of guessing the end of movies ...annoys my husband to no end. All I say is, "Oh, I know what's going to happen," and I'm almost banished from the room.

Snap - my hubby calls it the 'Curse of Marion' and if I say "so and so is going to die or whatever" hubby says - well if they didn't they will now!!! One Eye Smilie
Quote:
Guess that weren't movies directed by M NIght Shyamalan then

Funny, but I figured out the ending of Sixth Sense way before the ending, and almost couldn't contain myself from blurting it out. Luckily, I did (contain myself that is), or I would have been banished from ever watching another movie with anyone again.

I hear ya, Marion!
Quote:
Snap - my hubby calls it the 'Curse of Marion' and if I say "so and so is going to die or whatever" hubby says - well if they didn't they will now!!

That's in fact pretty easy to do, when you're watching Stallone movies, Scream, or Midsomer Murders.
Ha Ha Ha Smilie Ha Ha Ha Smilie Wiggle Smilie
  << [1] [2] [3]