Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: So many things to say

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Introduce yourself! > So many things to say   
Very Mad Smilie......Er...hullo my name is Neil I come from England i am 18 and I am actually studying Tolkiens work for college. I love the books and the movies for their cinematic value and the love that has been put in them, I enjoy the historic value that has been cleverly weaved into tolkiens books! The Anglo-saxon style mythology is beautiful is it not?....You've probaly guessed by now I am also studying history (the dark ages to be precise). I hope to aid this..virtual..community and become a pemanet member!

ps: If anyone would like to express their opinion of the tale Of Beren and Luithien, I would be most grateful I need a good discussion on the subject to get my noggin working, I have writers block and any help would be gratefully appreciated Big Smile Smilie .
Hello Yunti!

It's good to welcome another UKer to the site. Enjoy!

Feel free to start a discussion in the Silmarillion forum about Beren and Luthien.
Welcome to PT Neil. You have to study Tolkien's work for your college? Wish I had a subject like that. Atleast I would have got an 'A' in something. Well, lucky you! As for the mythology in the books its more of a Nordic-Anglo-saxon mythology. Most of it has been borrowed from Nordic mythology. Anyways, nice to meet you and now get to work!
Welcome to PT Neil. I hope you find the info you need, though you should have no problem. ENjoy yourself, and cya round. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Well met Yunti. And if you indeed have a lot to say: type away!!!
Howdy Yunti, welcome to Planet-Tolkien. Share and enjoy! Happy Elf Smilie
Hi Yunti, welcome! Hope you enjoy your time here! Waving Hello Smilie
Welcome to PT, Yunti. Waving Hello Smilie I hope you enjoy your visits with us and some good stimulating discussions. Feel free to explore and start a thread about Beren and Luthien in the Silmarillion section, as Vee suggested.
I look forward to sharing your thoughts.
Rednell
Hi there Yunti. There are also threads about Lúthien and Beren under Characters that might help.
Hey, Yunti! Welcome to Planet Tolkien!!! Nice to have you here among us!!
Thank you all for such a huge welcome!!! Thumbs Up Smilie Waving Hello Smilie