Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Hello

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Introduce yourself! > Hello   
Waving Hello Smilie

I have just watched the LOTR ROTK for the 1000th time!!! I decided to do a search for Alan Lee's sketches and found this site. It looked really good so thought I'd give it a try. Not sure if I'm doing it correct as a bit new to this. I'm married with 2 daughters and 2 cats. I LOVE LOTR and read the book for the 1st time in 2002 - have read it 4 times since. I also love cross stitching and am stitching Legolas at the moment and have just bought a chart of Middle Earth to stitch, it has 91,700 stitches should keep me quite for a bit!!!

Well that's all for now >^..^<
Bye
Welcome to PT Maydmarion! Given your username, are you a fan of writings about King Arthur? You'll enjoy visiting this site as the members are real friendly and hail from all corners of the known world (and a few unknown corners given some of the posts Smile Smilie !)

Your cross stitch project sounds ambitious! I used to cross stitch years ago. If you ever get bored I have quite a few unfinished projects that haven't seen the light of day in years. Big Smile Smilie

Again, welcome and I look forward to reading your posts Maydmarion.
Hello, Maydmarion!

Welcome to PT. I myself am a mother of three, but I don't have the patience for needlepoint or cross-stitching, so do it for the both of us! Ha Ha Ha Smilie

Glad to have you here, don't hesitate to jump in on discussions and posting, and I hope to "see" you around!
Hi again

As regards to my username - I used to be an archer until I hurt my back in a couple of car accidents so have settled for stitching now as I need to be doing something and housework can get very boring. Everyone calls me maidmarion you know robin hood/maid marion etc etc ...so it sort of stuck.

I have been told by a clairvoyant that I had a lot of mystic stuff around me. (Mum is Scottish and Dad was Irish). I think I must be an elf or a fairy, I have a large collection of fairies, although my hubby says I'm away with the fairies and there's him with a loft full of star trek and star war stuff and we all know that's not real stuff - middle earth is real (lol) My girls are getting really worried.

My girls are 20 and 19 (I'm 21 Big Laugh Smilie doulble it up)
I work in a hospital on reception so I think I'm quite chatty - probably a chatterbox is a better description.
Looking forward to some really good discussions.

Maydmarion >^..^<

Hiya Maydmarion and welcome! Whereabouts in the world are you?

Sorry to hear about the archery but maybe you can shoot needles at people instead.

Hello Maydmarion, welcome to P-T. Happy Elf Smilie

I started blowing up the bookmap of Middle-earth back in the '70s to create an embroidery pattern, but never got around to finishing it. I used to do counted-cross stitch into the early '90s and was quite good at it (my mother said the back of mine was much neater than hers ever were). Anyway, where did you find your pattern, because I'd resurrect my needles and hoops if I could find a good pattern of the Middle-earth map. Wiggle Smilie
Welcome to Planet Tolkien, Maydmarion. Nice introduction.... I feel as though I know you already.
Quote:
I have just watched the LOTR ROTK for the 1000th time!!!

But that still counts as one! My God 1000 times!!! That would be around 3500 hours. That will be around 150 days! Well, what can I say. Nice time spent!

Hello Maydmarion! Enjoy the stay!
Hi and WELCOME!!!
I got the middle earth cross stitch map on ebay. I do have an invoice with the address if you would like it.

On another subject, I replied to thread yesterday and now I can't find it to add to it. Can anyone give me some advice, it was about 'what books I was reading'. I'm not used to doing this and am just sort of feeling my way around. Any help welcome. Also what do I do with the mithril (told you I'm a novice Elf Confused Smilie )

Maydmarion
Hi Maydmarion, welcome to PT!

Hereís the link for the thread you were looking for,

Favorite Books

There is another great thread in the Green Dragon regarding what people are reading around here you might want to have a look at too, hereís the link,

The Return of just what exactly are you reading right now?

Also, just some general info, the Taverns here are for all non-Tolkien related discussions, with the Ivy Bush being the one specifically designated for games. You might also want to take a look at the FAQ thread, and the list of website rules thread, both of which Iím leaving links for below. Hope you enjoy your time spent here!

FAQ

List of Website Rules

Quote:
Also what do I do with the mithril

The ways to use Mithril on this site are still currently in development, so you donít have to worry about that yet.

Happy Elf Smilie
Hi aydmarion,

another catlover here! Enjoy your time here!
hi MAydmarion welcome to PT !!!