Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: New am I

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Introduce yourself! > New am I   
Hello, I have finally found a place where I can talk about tolkien. My friends are getting sick of my educating them. Big Smile Smilie

I am 18 and have recently discovered Tolkien. I have read lotr, the hobbit, the silmarillion, and several others. I regrettably started reading tolkien only after seeing the movies. PJ's intepretation will ever be in my mind.

I am enveloped in Middle Earth and wish to discover more...so here I am.
SUILAID!!
hi im also kinda new. i love tolkien also and he is totally the best author in the world. glad to know that im not the newest anymore! hope to see u around the message boards! (not literally though)
Howdy Caudimordax, welcome to PT, and enjoy. You have my sympathies for being scarred by Peter Jackson; proposed soloution: read the books 'til you know them better than your own phone number. And hang out here. My feelings on the movie are covered in my intro, more or less.

Calling Tolkien the best author in the world covers a lot of ground, but it's hard to argue with Rivendell. Robert Jordans Wheel of Time is pretty good though, even if he gets a little verbose in 7-10. Poor guy set a standard he couldn't maintain.

Well have fun and again, welcome. Be seeing you.
Quote:
Howdy Caudimordax, welcome to PT, and enjoy. You have my sympathies for being scarred by Peter Jackson; proposed soloution: read the books 'til you know them better than your own phone number.

my thoughts exactly! I finised ROTK the day i saw a trailer for FOTR. odd isnt it?

welcome home Caudimordax.
hello.... I hope that you enjoy this wonderful place and share some of your own ideas about Tolkien and his works... have fun! see you around!
Welcome to Planet-Tolkien Caudimordax, I hope you have a good time here. Share and enjoy. Happy Elf Smilie

Welcome Caudimordax! I hope to see you around the threads.

And as for your Morambar (a.k.a. Mr. Verbosity himself):
Quote:
Robert Jordans Wheel of Time is pretty good though, even if he gets a little verbose in 7-10.

Very funny Smile Smilie
WELCOME to PT !!! Hope you have lots of fun Elf Winking Smilie
WELCOME to our BIG happy PT Fam!!!! It's nice to have ya join us, and I apologise if I scare u...I think I got a lil carried away w/ the ice cream, sugar high!! Angel Smilie Cat Smilie Wary Smilie
Ah great, a newbie. Can you get me a beer, pls.
hi! i have the same problem with my friends, so i joined this site!