Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Greetings!

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Introduce yourself! > Greetings!   
Hi, I'm Shieldmaiden. I came across these boards in random web searching and thought I'd join up to see what goes on here.
Welcome Shieldmaiden! this is the best Tolkien Forum site in the world. If you like Tolkien this is the place for you! now film me saying that and put it on the tele.
*Grin* I'm glad to hear it. Can't get a better recommendation than from a Tolkien lover. Yes, I love Tolkien and all things Lord of the Rings. I have to agree with a friend who calls it the Greatest of the Great Works. Big Smile Smilie
Howdy, Shieldmaiden, welcome and enjoy your stay. The College Board is on your side; they let my AP English free response essay on the Trilogy slide (if a perfect score counts as sliding.) So I guess it's a "work of recognized literary merit." I'm really tired of all the "how can you compare TLotR to [insert Brooks or Williams novel here]" arguments. I just came from a wotmania post about "A WoT movie would suck because it couldn't live up to our expectations, but since I read TLotR after the movies the books disappointed me." How can you argue with that logic? Fortunately, folks here at PT are (mostly) sane. Welcome aboard, and be seeing you.
Welcome home Shield Maiden.

See you around.
Welcome Shieldmaiden,
as Elrose said, this is the best Tolkien Forum website on the web! but dont take my word for it, just look at the site!
dont worry about being eaten here because no one here would even think about eating you just because you r new. (well maybe not everyone...) Angel Smilie

your ever-loving Tolkien buddy,
Rivendellelf1977 Exploding Head Smilie
Welcome to our happy family Shieldmaiden. Share and enjoy! Happy Elf Smilie
Thank you, everyone, for all your warm welcomes! I'm sure I'll like it here.
Welcome Shieldmaiden. Please feel free to share your thoughts on all that is Tolkien.

Wiggle Smilie
Hi Shieldmaiden Smile Smilie Hope you Have lots of fun at PT Jumping Flame Smilie Share and Enjoy Elf Winking Smilie
It's the thing I love the most about pt...there's always such a warm welcome committee Juggling Smilie Birthday Smile Smilie Pary Smilie Juggling Smilie