Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Ciao everyone!

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Introduce yourself! > Ciao everyone!   
Hello there...I am new here. I live in Minnesota, USA, but am from North Carolina and long to be back there. I am married but with no kids. We have instead, 2 lovely dogs. Bailey is an 8 year old Weimaraner and Forrest is a 9 year old Cocker Spaniel. They are both sweet dogs, but I am partial to Forrest. We have around 8 or more inches of snow on the ground,it is 4 degrees Farenheit, and I am loving it! We are going to Orlando, Florida for Christmas, though...so no white christmas for us. I hope we get to go to SeaWorld.
I LOVE Tolkien obviously. I am reading The Unfinished Tales and book 1 of the Lost Tales right now. I also really LOVE Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis. Jack O'Neill is my favorite character.
I am a violinist. I graduated college with a BM in Music Performance and Music Education. I taught in the NC public schools for 4 years before my husband went on active duty and we moved to Oklahoma. That was a while ago, and we have been living the civilian life since September 2003. Yes he was in Iraq.
We love the water, and last summer we took sailing lessons, and will do so again this summer but on a 25 foot sailboat this time. Also this summer we are going home to the Outer Banks in NC to see the Tall Ships come in to port. It is a week long event.
We are both about to be second degree black belts in Tae Kwon Do. We rock climb, I do triathlons, basically we like to do most outdoor activities. He likes to ice fish, but that is not my thing!!
I love sweet tea, Moravian cookies, porkchop sandwiches from Mt Airy, NC, my Momma's home cooking, NC BBQ, and my little blue iPod.

Ciao!
Howdy Sailisiro, welcome to Planet-Tolkien. Happy Elf Smilie Share and enjoy!
Welcome... make yourself at home!
Quote:
Howdy Sailisiro, welcome to Planet-Tolkien. Share and enjoy!

I'll echo that. Please share with us ... the cookies.
lol LA86, but Sail, ten thousands of Jumping Flame Smilie to you and do share those cookies....
Welcome always nice to have freh people on here, always someone to have new convos with. Welcome
Mmmm... Jack O'Neill.... yummy! You can stay!
Quote:
Jack O'Neill

Is that the inventor of the jeans?
No, not the jeans inventor! Jack O'Neill is the, well, WAS a main character (THE main one in my humble opinion) on Stargate SG-1. And the movie, too. In the show he was played by Richard Dean Anderson...of Roseville, Minnesota by the way. RDA is also famous for MacGuyver. He ages very well, and was looking oh so hot Making Out Smilie these last few years...with short hair, not a mullet! He is no longer on Stargate, in this their 9th season on Sci-Fi. He wanted to spend more time at home with his little girl. Kuddos to that, but poor me. I have all 8 seasons on DVD. Yes, I did say I was a huge fan. Exclamation Smilie
That's a pretty thorough introduction, Sailisiro. I can understand your love of the water and boats... I work at sea myself, but triathalons... only nutters do them. A couple of the lads I work with compete now and again. I keep encouraging them to have a go at an Ironman triathalon, but they decline for some reason.

Anyway, welcome to the site. I hope you have fun here.
Kyay! Stargate! cool stuff, and *late* welcome from another new member!