Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Hi I'm Hazel

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Introduce yourself! > Hi I'm Hazel   
Hi I'm Hazel, I'm 21 and just joined, I've just completed 3 years of university and I am currently gainfully unemployed!

My earliest memory is of my Dad signing "Carefully Carefully with the Plates" from The Hobbit to me when I was about 3. I read The Lord of the Rings when I was older. We have always had Tolkien books in the house and the BBC Radio series on long car journeys!

Anyway, my favourite book is The Silmarillion and I love the story of Beren and Luthien. It's my favourite tale and it always makes me feel happy and yet sad at the same time.
Welcome and hello Earwen arcamenel, i am Loss, and im glad to hear that you have a Tolkien based family with you, i wish my family loved Tolkien as much as i do Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

Please tell us more about yourself, if theres anything you need help with, please do not hesitate to ask

Enjoy your stay!!! Elf Winking Smilie
Hello Earwen arcamenel Waving Hello SmilieIm glad you found this wonderful site ...PT is in my opinion the greatest Smile Smilie Share and Enjoy Smile Smilie See you around in the threads
Hi Earwen arcamenel. Happy Elf Smilie Hail and well met and all that stuff.

Anyway, a big WELCOME to our happy family and enjoy your stay with us.
Thanks for the welcome Elf With a Big Grin Smilie I am loving PT!

Yeah the Tolkien family is good, except my mum who can fall asleep during the films and refuses to try the books. But she is committing blasphemy as far as I am concerned Shocked Elf Smilie

Thanks for the offer of help Loss, I am a bit of a Tolkien obsessive (as you may have guessed), I also love Sci-Fi, my Dad has had me watching Dr Who and Star Trek since before I was born! (I never stood a chance!) I have a strange taste in music, ranging from Classical to Metal (by-passing pop) and I love to go see bands live. I also have a puppy called Baldrick, who is currently eating my furniture!

If there's anything people want to know just ask. Thanks again for the warm welcome!
I'm also a Dr. Who fan. One of my two local PBS TV stations has again started showing an hour's worth of the old Dr. Who Saturday evenings at 7 PDT after a year's layoff due to a contract dispute which has now been resolved; though it is costing we members $18,000 in pledges twice a year rather than the previous $15,000.

We can also watch the New Dr. Who on the Sci-Fi cable channel Fridays; these are reruns of those shown last Fall on the Sci-Fi channel and on CBC TV in the Spring of 2005, but they are still fun to watch.
Howdy and welcome, Earwen (or `Earwen, as the case may be Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie ; ) enjoy your stay. Sounds like you're pretty Tolkien obsessed; you'll fit right in here. I loved the Doctor when I was a kid, or at least the Tom Baker incarnation shown on my PBS, but since I left Houston at twelve I've been unable to get a hold of much, sigh. Glad there are some who are better off than I, even if ya'll do make me a little jealous. Have fun; the more the merrier. See ya 'round the boards....
welcome Earwen arcamenel,
Very pleased to have you join our fellowship.
I was probably a mother much like your dad, although, I only managed to bring my son over to the fantasy/scifi fandom. My daughter seems to prefer keeping her feet grounded on the real world. Ah well.
I hope you find lots to peak your interest while browsing through the forums.
Thanks guys! Waving Hello Smilie

I am very lucky with the Dr Who as I live in England! So we get repeats all the time and we also have the new series they have recently started making. Although, I warn you (if you ever get to see them) they are no where near as good as the old series, but they are not awful.

My dad was not able to completely convert my sister, she like LOTR but hates all other fantasy/sci-fi! Although he more than made up with me as I am completely obsessed! Orc Grinning Smilie

I am really enjoying my time and definately finding stuff to interest me!
Hi and welcome to pt i hope u enjoy this site as much as me! Elf Winking Smilie
Aye, another welcome Earwen-Hazel. I hope you become a regular here on PT and enjoy the site. Yes, the tale of Beren and Luthien is one of the best. ( i say ONE cause my personal favourite is of course the story of Turin Turambar) Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Thanks very much.

The story of Turin, is of course a very good story. And one I enjoy very much, I'm just a sucker for a (good) love story! In Love Smilie

I am loving it here at pt, it's so nice to meet people who enjoy these stories as much as I do myself!

Orc With Thumbs Up Smilie
Howdydoody Earwen arcamenel! Whereabouts in England? I am in Berkshire but originally from Essex.

Dr Who - just spent most of the day recording the latest eps onto dvd and loving the latest series. Shame Billie Piper is leaving as I think she is an excellent doctor's assistant. Of course, Tom Baker is the one and only true Doctor - mad as a hatter which is a GOOD THING. I enjoyed reading his autobiography.

Enjoy PT!
Quote:
The story of Turin, is of course a very good story. And one I enjoy very much, I'm just a sucker for a (good) love story!

Yeh, marrying his sister and all that... always makes my heart melt.
lol Virumor! Ha Ha Ha Smilie Maybe the story of Beren and Luthien would be the better love story eh?

*bows*
Mae Govannen Earwen Arcamenel (aka Hazel)! It's nice to see a new member who loves Tolkien's works. I hope you have a fine time at Planet-Tolkien.

Laur
Welkome !!I wish you have a great time!!See you in the threads!!!
Thanks Ninerl and Laurëfindo. Am really enjoying it here. It is so nice to meet people who love Tolkien as much as I do and to have some good discussions on his work. Rather than the "God I love Orlando Bloom so much" I usually get from my friends upon mentioning LOTR!!!!! Elf Rolling Eyes Smilie

Hey Vee I am in Lincolnshire, Peterborough to be precise.

I definately agree about Tom Baker being the best Dr, he was just so weird! (Like an alien who travels around in a ship that looks like a police box ought to be, if you ask me!) I am loving the new series as well, it is a shame about Billie. I am just wondering who they'll replace her with. It's got to be someone good! Hopefully they'll come from another planet so we can see some more off earth action!

Wiggle Smilie