Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: I can't believe I'm back...

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Introduce yourself! > I can't believe I'm back...   
Hello everyone!

So I'm pretty sure everyone here doesn't know me, but I was a regular member of P-T, ages ago. The forum was practically where I live. And then after the movies came out and the hype died down and I went to college, I neglected to come here. Now I feel a bit ashamed to come back after, what, 2 years? Gosh. But I just want to say that I had a blast in P-T, and even though I have to get used to the new (well, new to me) look of the site and all but I'm feeling good! I think I'll make myself comfortable here once again Elk Grinning Smilie

It's great to be back!
-Naira-

P.S. The only name I recognized is Grondmaster. Hiya Grondy! Don't know if you remember me Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Hey, welcome back!

I'm not sure if I remember you, but I also used to 'live' at PT a couple years back and just returned a month or two ago. You'll find a lot of things & people have changed since then, but it's still good!

Happy PT surfing!
Hiya Naira, the name is familiar but I don't remember the face; needless to say, welcome back. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Welcome back, Naira; PT still rocks. Glad to see some o' the vets; think you left right before I arrived, but it's all good. Now don't forget to vote! Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie See ya 'round the boards....
Oh, it is so nice when the children return home!
Welcome back!
Pary Smilie Jumping Flame Smilie
Thanks! Jumping Flame Smilie

There aren't many of the oldies left, is it? I think it happened to all message boards, some of the other book boards I joined also had the oldies leaving. It's sad, but I guess people move on sometimes.
Hi Naira.

I'm new here, only been around for a couple of months, but am really enjoying it! It's nice to see the oldies returning, we can benefit from your wisdom!

Hope to see you on the threads!

Earwen Lighening Smilie
welcome back Naira, enjoy your stay once again,

see you around the threads Waving Hello Smilie
Welcome back Naira,I'm new here so I am looking forward to learning from you about Tolkien!!!See ya in the threads!!!!!!
Glad to see you choose PT once more then Naira Happy Elf Smilie WELCOME BACK Waving Hello Smilie
Welcome back to the wanderers! May you stay be even more enjoyable than the last time.

I, too, have returned from a short break thanks to massive lightning strikes in my home town while I was away for a week. Modem blown, telephone blown, computer blown..... taken me just over a week to get a new computer and get back online to dear old PT. Oh, how I missed you all!

All together now - It's good to be back!

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome! Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

It's so good to see the new people coming to P-T, this just shows that Tolkien's work continues to live on and attracts more readers/fans everyday. It's very nice to see.
Good to have you back Goddess Vee Smile Smilie
Wooooo Vee's back!!! Stay longer this time, we need someone to invoke fear in the new ones Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
wb Vee goddess! we've missed ya!!!! Pary Smilie
Wow thanks. It's almost worth being away just to come back. Now, candidates for sacrificial victims may form an orderly queue over there >>>>>>
Quote:
Now, candidates for sacrificial victims may form an orderly queue over there >>>>>>

So that's why 90% of all newbies disappear right after introducing themselves.
Quote:
So that's why 90% of all newbies disappear right after introducing themselves.
Yup, she swallows the ones she can't stomach and spits out the remainder to join we partakers of Tolkien, because they're also friendly nutcases who will fit right in with the rest of our happy family. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Haha, I think it takes stomachs of steel to join P-T, and much more to stay here!
Cloveress unobstrusively slips away... not Vee...of course, she remembers the horrid journey through that fiery stomach... not to mention those long claws, painted red, that first snagged her from the crowd to toss into that bottomless pit of a mouth.

Welcome back,s till. As I've been swallowed before, I don't suppose any of Vee's threats actually mean anything anymore...
And since everyone is doing it, I'll jump in and say that I'm back too. Well, I was never really gone but I just didn't hang around long enough to post. So, where's the party?
Quote:
Welcome back,s till. As I've been swallowed before, I don't suppose any of Vee's threats actually mean anything anymore...

Care to explain why exactly she spit you back out?
Oh, well, it was nothing really. I just happened to have some hookworm acquaintances with me at the time, so I guess they somehow got into her...

But of course, she hasn't tried swallowing Vir yet. Wonder why...Perhaps he just doesn't look delicious enough?
Quote:
But of course, she hasn't tried swallowing Vir yet. Wonder why...Perhaps he just doesn't look delicious enough?

Because I've never been a newbie to her. I've been around way longer than her, even from before Taz moved the site.
How long have you been a member of P-T?
I registered on 6 January 2003.
Three years on and you're still here. That's great!
Welcome back, Naire. I'm surprised you only recognised Grondy, though. There are several of us veterans around (although some of us are not able to get in as often as we like ourselves). I suppose if I get any more irregular with my own visits, I'll soon have to post a, "Hi, I'm back too," post.

Real Life... It just gets in the way of my virtual life too much Smile Smilie
I recognize you, Val! Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

When I posted that post, I kinda skimmed through the board, and the only name that rang a bell was Grondy. Now that I've spent some time in PT again, I see that there are other names I recognize too. Don't worry, I didn't forget you! Tongue Smilie
Yep, they're all so old. They're like old grandpas to me.
im sure that there are some grandmas around here somewhere Elf Confused Smilie, ill look in the knitting room................
I've already been called grandma in one of the other book boards I go too, so I accept it heartily. Besides, knitting is fun! Girl Smilie
I know its late but i just wanted to say Welcome back!! Nice to meet you.. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Thanks, Etharion! Nice to meet you too! Big Smile Smilie
I only just saw this thread and I am quite new, but I am glad you are here and look forward to learning a lot from you.
ya i'm one of those people who joined a couple years ago, i think the new year of 2004 and i hung around of a year, until new year 2005. Now i'm back again November 2006.
I'm gonna chime in and say hi, too! I think I signed up just after you left, 'cause I remember seeing you on the forums when I skimmed through previous pages. Welcome back!