Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Suilad mellyn

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Introduce yourself! > Suilad mellyn   
Vendui...
How goes it? I was a member here about 2 years ago, I remember this being the ultimate Tolkien forum, so I'm back. I was called Gablo (I think).
It all seems different, it was green before.
Welcome back GaavWaving Hello Smilie I've been a member since may 2005 and I think PT is the best Smile Smilie Hope you stay with us this timeHappy Elf Smilie
Welcome Gaav, enjoy your stay once again, and I hope that you still do think that PT is the best Tolkien Forum around............ Share your knowledge and gain what you wish........
Welcome back to our happy family Gaav. Happy Elf Smilie Share and enjoy.
Mae govannen...blah blah.

Hey I remember you Grondmaster. Your were like Mr Tolkienknowledgeman. I'm glad to be back, and to see you're still here.
Yes welcome, I am pretty knew here so am behind you in much I expect.
I agree that Grondy is all t hat and a scrumptious bag of crisps. He does seem to know ......well ...everything. Read Smilie I think he sleeps with h is eyes open and a book dangling in front of them by a chain on the ceiling.Smile Smilie
Yah but.....I sometimes find I get the wrong character in the right story or visa v, and my knowledge of the Silmarillion is not up to that of many members. I just usually know which chapter to peruse in the at-my-elbow library. I own the first half the HOME volumes and except for the first two, I haven't read completely through any of them and don't really care what is written there.

The canon of the Sil, Hobbit, LotR, UT and the short stories and poems are enough for me to worry about. Tolkien's Letters, Foster's Guide, and Fonstad's Atlas, as well as the Encyclopedia of Arda are also perused when needed. And come October I will have had forty years in which to pigeon-hole the facts, even if sometimes they prove me wrong. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Quote:
And come October I will have had forty years in which to pigeon-hole the facts, even if sometimes they prove me wrong.

I'll keep that month in mind Sir Grondy Smile Smilie You are indeed our guide at PT Smile Smilie (Happy belated NEW YEAR by the way )