Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Hello

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Introduce yourself! > Hello   
I am a fan of Tolkien in China. I am a sophomore majoring in the English language. Though English is my mojor, I am not so confident about it since it's the first time for me to talk in a foreign forum of Tolkien. Please forgive me when I make some funny mistakes.
I am very interested in Tolkien's works and I am trying to learn his invented languages, like Quenya and Sindarin.And I have a strong desire to make a good translation of it into Chinese for in China there are a great number of people interested in Tolkien's works but they do not have a good translated version. I have only read The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit and The Silmarillion and I am not a master of lore in Middle-earth, so I want to learn from you.
Welcome Deorcengel, to our little section of the internet, enjoy your stay here... Your English is perfect (I understood every word you said Elf With a Big Grin Smilie ) I'll see you in the threads... Enjoy your membership Orc Smiling Smilie
Deorcengel 你好吗!
我不是中国人,但我在香港住过两年。你的英文应该比我的中文好很多了。我是西班牙人,但我现在在美国念大学 (主修中文 (^o^))
我对魔戒也很赶兴趣!你应该努力地翻译它,我在深圳买的翻译非常差!!

希望你会在这个Forum上多Post以下,这里的人很聪明.有什么关于魔戒的问题他们都能回答! 真很厉害!

欢迎你加入Planet-Tolkien的大家庭! Smile Smilie

Hehe, I was just welcoming Deorcengel Chinese style Wink Smilie
Welcome to our happy family Deorcengel. Happy Elf Smilie Share and enjoy.

I could even understand the mispronounced R's in your above post. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

Moderator Smilie That was a velly bad joke based on sterotype, for which Grondy should be ashamed.

Anilorak: I assume all those question marks were replacements for the oriental symbols that make up your written language. However lest you forget, one of our forum rules here is to write only in English with the exceptions of the occasional usage of Quenya and Sindarin.
Heya DeorcengelWaving Hello Smilie Welcome to our friendly site at PT Smile Smilie SHARE AND ENJOY
To Anilorak: It's surprise to know you are majoring in Chinese. I hope you can find this language enjoyable and not so difficult.

Now I've learned that all these posts are written in English and some Elvish. After all, if everyone, coming from all corners of the world, uses their mother tongue in discussion, what will it be like?

But so far as I know, J.R.R.Tolkien knew some Chinese and even made a symbol for himself of the shape of a Chinese character by putting the letters in his name(one J, two Rs and one T) together. But it seems I cannot upload the picture of that symbol to show you. Perhaps many people know it.
Welcome to our big happy PT family Deorcengel!!!!!! I"m afraid i can't welcom u in chinese as it is i'm japanese but oh well. If you ever need help don't hesitate to ask, everyone here is very willing to help. And i think many are familiar with the symbol u described.