Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: The Power of All; Turiluve!

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Introduce yourself! > The Power of All; Turiluve!   
Hi everyone! Jim here. Call me Jim preferably, but sometimes, if you want, call me Turiluve, so I don't forget my name ^_^. Just so everyone knows, I'm a Tolkien freak, like you all. I'm the type of person who reads chapters of LOTR over and over again just to fully understand something, or solely try to learn music themes from the films, like Gondor, Mordor, the Ring, Rohan, Eowyn, The Fellowship - the list goes on!

Well, I have previously aced every single Lord of the Rings test I've ever taken, because I'm a nerd. I've read the LOTR III apprentices seven times, and know who's who, what's what, and the crucial mistakes Lord of the Rings, The Third Age video game did, like there is no city named Snowbourne, you come to Moria from Caradhras, and not a cave troll's cave, a lake, and such first, or for the record you don't simply walk into Barad-dur, or even Mordor, just to battle it without purpose... Even though I love the game to no end ^_^.

I was first into Lord of the Rings 2 years after I watched the first film, when I played the Return of the King video game at an old friend's house. I still play it, and since then I've watched the films 20 times each, read the books currently through for the second time, and read through Second and Third Age stuff the average reader doesn't give a care about, Very Big Grin Smilie. Well, the history with me following the steps of Tolkien and Jackson go way back. I want to be director because of Peter Jackson! (I shall regain Christopher Paolini's lost honour and remake the Inheritance movies >Smile Smilie...).

So! For some personal stuff, my favourite Middle-earth culture is Rohirrim, since it's so closely related to Old Norse, and I am sort of a fan of that, and because of the richness of culture even when everyone is practically broke. Gondor... meh. It would be long gone if not for good old Eorl. They're rich, but look at how they reacted to war. Theoden's leadership is far beyond the greedy wills of the Stewards, namely Boromir and Denethor. My favourite characters are Gandalf (For wisdom), Theoden (leadership), Eowyn (Rights and anti-sexism), Eoaden (for honour), Legolas (Sweet fighting skill and bravery), Gimli (sense of humor and new and unexpected friendship with elves, despite everything from the past that has separated the two), Elessar (for his nomad-ism and proper inheritance, as well as his new suspenseful right to the throne), Halbarad (For being the shadowy Dunedain that he is, and being willing to brave the Paths of the Dead with Aragorn), Elrond (His ageless time and participation throughout other books and stories, as well as his wisdom for trying to get Isildur to destroy the One), Arwen (For following in the paths of Luthien and Beren, to be willing to live one mortal life with the man she loves rather than leaving with her people across the Grey Havens to Valinor), and Lurtz (because he's the elite fighter of the Uruk-hai... not real likable humanity in him... and I don't like him for killing Boromir... he was a good character too. Just not a favourite, because of his greed for the ring...).

Keep track of that? Neither did I Smile Smilie. As for why I joined PT, it was because this could be the Lord of the Rings community I'm around - I've been around Zelda all my life, and I thought LOTR internet-ness would be good. I will plan on making a number of fan fictions here, such as the Third Age (As I would have expected it to be), Lord of the Rings complete (There are some better things about the book but some better things about the movie, and heck, some better things about the games. I want to combine those ^_^.), the Fourth Age (The story about how the Haradrim and Umbarians are handled after the War of the Ring and the Death of Arwen, Pippin, Merry, after Sam leaves across the Havens, after Aragorn's death, and departure of Gimli and Legolas... I plan to tell a story about the son of Aragorn, Eldarion, and his sisters, and how the Mortal World could be intertwined with Valinor and the immortal world of the gods and the birthplace of Gandalf. I've ask myself, "Then what?" and, being an author, i want to write about that ^_^. I'm no artist, though I'd like to have put some Fan Art in here. But right now I'm busy with a Legend of Zelda story, which I know will be a good read even for you guys ^_^... So yeah. Please make me welcome here! Oh, and is a fan music section? I write music ^_^"...

Well, that be me; Jim the James, as I'm known as elsewhere - www.desertcolossus.com, www.runescape.com - the list goes on. Basically, you're welcoming a big cheese person here ^_^. Well, thanks for the welcome. And thanks for the technical problems, Amarie ^_^.
-Jim
WOW! If that is not worthy of a record intro then I don't know what is... Orc Smiling Smilie
Welcome Jim to our abode... You are in company of fellow nutters Wiggle Smilie

If you need any help with an avatar, don't hesitate to contact me through PM and help you out with one...

Welcome Jim the James Orc Grinning Smilie
^_^ Thanks! And I think for me that is the close to the record of being the strangest welcome as far as smilies go >.>...

Well, I'm not used to this kind of system. My compliments to the creator of the site! I'm making a website, and it's hard as it is! To put that mithril, the forums, and such all into it... Wow! Well done!

Okay, I've got a LOT of questions! Prepare for a similarly long PM! ^^
Welcome to our happy family, James James Morrison Morrison, commonly known as "Jim".* You have certainly packed a lot of Tolkien into such a wee time-frame. Happy Elf Smilie

Share and enjoy!**

*The line in italics is from the poem James James Morrison Morrison written by A.A. Milne.

**The slogun of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation as coined by Douglas Adams. It makes a very good bit of common sense when applied to this forum.
Welcome, Jim, to our site (not that it is in anypart mine...) and enjoy the company of fellow Tolkien nerds! Ha Ha Ha Smilie
OMG OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!

GRONDMASTER?!?!?

OMG!!!! It's because of him I'm here!!! Yes, you'll praise him for that eventually, I'm sure Big Smile Smilie! Okay, i was looking for the names of the Five Wizards, and behold! there suddenly before my eyes lay the contents in the forum by our good old' pal here! Grondmaster! Wow. You have to understand that I feel extremely honored to have you post at my introduction ^_^.

And thanks also for the welcome, Gimli Man! I'm glad I am welcome to call myself and others Tolkien or LOTR nerds, since I tried to make a club of LOTR at school the same way Tolkien did with Beowulf, and man, what a disaster that was as far as knowing that no one gave a care and for my reputation ^_^". Thanks for welcoming me.

Forth Eorlingas!*
-Jim

*That's my motto from now on, savvy? The same sort of way Christopher Paolini always says, "May your swords stay sharp!" or my personal favourite, "Peace out," Cool Smilie

Postscript: Who the heck is James Morison?!
WELCOME TO OUR HAPPY FAMILY Smile Smilie
SHARE AND ENJOY
Quote:
Postscript: Who the heck is James Morison?!

Disobedience
James James
Morrison Morrison
Weatherby George Dupree
Took great
Care of his Mother,
Though he was only three.
James James
Said to his Mother,
"Mother", he said, said he;
"You must never go down to the end of the town,
if you don't go down with me."

James James
Morrison's Mother
Put on a golden gown,
James James
Morrison's Mother
Drove to the end of the town.
James James
Morrison's Mother
Said to herself, said she:
"I can get right down to the end of the town and be
back in time for tea"

King John
Put up a notice,
"LOST or STOLEN or STRAYED!
JAMES JAMES
MORRISON'S MOTHER
SEEMS TO HAVE BEEN MISLAID.
LAST SEEN
WANDERING VAGUELY;
QUITE OF HER OWN ACCORD,
SHE TRIED TO GET DOWN TO THE END OF THE TOWN-
FORTY SHILLINGS REWARD!

James James
Morrison Morrison
(Commonly known as Jim)
Told his
Other relations
Not to go blaming _him_.
James James
Said to his Mother,
"Mother", he said, said he:
"You must never go down to the end of the town with-
out consulting me."

James James
Morrison's Mother
Hasn't been heard of since.
King John
Said he was sorry,
So did the Queen and Prince.
King John
(Somebody told me)
Said to a man he knew:
"If people go down to the end of the town, well,
what can anyone do?"

(Now then, very softly)

J. J.
M. M.
W. G. Du P.
Took great
C/o his M*****
Though he was only 3.
J. J.
Said to his M*****
"M*****", he said, said he:
"You-must-never-go-down-to-the-end-of-the-town-if-
you-don't-go-down-with-ME!"

-- A. A. Milne

I live that poem. Wiggle Smilie
I thought he was lead singer of the Doors... Elf Rolling Eyes Smilie

Also welcome Jim!
Welcome Jim! You seem really into our world! GREAT!

You've only talked about the Third Age stuff, though. Have you read the Silmarillion?
It's been a while since I've been around myself to welcome anyone to the site, but after such a worthy introduction, welcome to PT, Jim. Hope you enjoy your stay here.
I live by Beowulf :P.

Hi also to you, Sian ^_^

Thanks, Cloveress! Big Smile Smilie. And... no... Sorry >.>... It's like taking mathematics in university; Master one subject and get really good at it or all of them all at once and loose track... The First Age is out of my league, save for of the stuff from the Children of Hurin, and the birth of Durin, the one killed by the Balrog who was killed by Gandalf. And I know that Morgoth is Melkor.... >.>...

Wow, and when I thought Grondmaster was honour enough! Thanks, Val! This is pretty cool ^_^. I'm serious; read through this entire topic, twice if you must! I've got Grondmaster, Val (who hardly ever does this), and others who have mended their time for a stranger! Christmas Smilie Christmas came WAY early this year 8). And don't worry, guys, no need to merely hope I will enjoy my stay here; this is beyond hope. This is a stay that will last for a long time!

Here are my promises; I will go to forum topics I want to go to, if I want to at all, since the size of how many people have posted makes me a bit nervous... I will make as many fan fictions as I can within a small 15, 000 (grumble >_>), much preferably longer, but I don't want to be the person to start a strike. I will answer any PMs you guys send me - I mean, like, right now Loss is the only person on my buddy list. I think Loss will keep track of my own questions, but you are looking upon the words of a nerd - a true nerd. If you have any questions about Lord of the Rings itself regarding the Second or Third Age, I'm the dude to ask ^_^, if you're like me and don't like the crowdedness of forums, unless you've been with it the entire time.

Again, thanks so much for welcoming me. I now go to work, confident and in a good mood ^_^. When I came here I thought people would see me as a hobbit in Bree... Now I'm Gandalf in Minas Tirith, if you catch my metaphor... (yes, I obsess with Lord of the Rings). And, of course, Forth Eorlingas!
-Jim
Welcome, Turiluve! That is quite an introduction. I look forward to reading more of your posts.
Thanks! ^_^.
Not read the Silmarillion? Yet you're so obssessed with the LOTR... That's strange. Usually people this obssessed are willing to glue their eyes to anything Tolkien. Oh buddy, you're missing out on a whole lot... but I suppose that was your choice...
I will when I have the chance... Sorry. If you have read my first journal entry and saw how many other things I'm obsessed with, you'd understand >_>.

I'll just list all the fantasy things I enjoy and I'm a massive nerd on.
-Lord of the Rings
-Legend of Zelda
-Rave Master
-Pirates of the Caribbean
-Inheritance
-Deltora
-The Lost Years of Merlin/Arthurian Legends
-Soul Calibur
-Star Craft
-Fable

Never mind actual historical stuff, like...
-Thermopylae
-The History of the Samurai
-Christianity
-The Crusades

Just to name a few. I'm not being snotty here, I'm just illustrating that I have my face in a lot of books, a lot of games, and such. So, Silmarillion will come in a while, when I have the chance...
Not good enough...
I believe that Loss forgot to add an Elf Rolling Eyes Smilie an Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie or an Elf Winking Smilie at the end of his last post. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Sad Smilie... Hope so.
The Silmarillion is very cool though, Turiluve. When you get the chance, it definitely is worth investing the time.
Ah of course, I knew there was something I forgotten...

Not good enough... So Angry Smilie

I'm kidding... Elf Rolling Eyes SmilieElf Sticking Tounge Out SmilieElf Winking SmilieElf With a Big Grin Smilie