Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Re-introductions are in order

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Introduce yourself! > Re-introductions are in order   
I do believe...
Hey all! After over a year of absence, I decided to come take a poke around.
And realized I had no idea what in Middle Earth my password used to be.
So, I decided it was time for a new name, anyway. Big Smile Smilie
Here's Laurelome saying hi again! Long time no see!
What'd I miss?
(other than you all, of course)
Welcome back Laurelome/Goldfeather. Happy Elf Smilie We have missed your shining beak. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie You have only missed a few good discussions; participating in many games; and in the Khazad-dumish Inn, much cheer including: good food, many tankards of Gimli's Finestô Ale, and a few songs. Wiggle Smilie
Well come back Goldfeather. Orc Grinning Smiliei am a new member(only two months).nice to see an old member back.Grondmaster is right you have only missed few games,Ha Ha Ha Smilie Discussions etc;
i hope you would be with us now.... Pary Smilie Pary Smilie
Hello and Welcome back Laurel, good to see your spreading majestic feathers again... They should be getting a tad stiff now for being asleep for all this time Orc Smiling Smilie

P.S. Your avatar is looking great! *Pokes own brain to remember what the Tengwar translates into*
Ditto to the above. Welcome back! It's good to see you here again.. :waveshello:

Quote:
*Pokes own brain to remember what the Tengwar translates into*

So am I, Loss. I thought I'd ponder a while and then ask if you knew. Wink Smilie
Honestly, I drew that last year-ish, so I don't remember it exactly... It means something along the lines of "Upper/high wind" In the sense of a higher, loftier road or path... XD I think too much.
Well, assuming you did use go straight from the English into the Tengwar, I can only get;

T _ A R G H

Which to me doesn't look like any word at all... Even using the other Modes if you used them or an elvish word... It doesn't say anything... I can't make out the second character... But to save you face, I'll say, the feather is really well done, and the Elvish characters fit perfectly next to it Orc Smiling Smilie
Ha Ha Ha Smilie Goldfeather, if you have a bigger version of the avatar, please send it to loss@planet-tolkien.com. I am sure he can't sleep before he has solved this mystery.
Is Goldfeather still trying to make his nest at the beech tree just inside Fort Knox?
That's her nest, in that very tree; of course all the gold has long been shipped to China to make costume jewelry. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
One smiley... Good Morning Smilie

I'm just interested is all... But isn't Goldfeather of the female race?

Laurel was a lady-bird before? My memory is simply... a siv...
That's why I wrote "her nest" in my above post. Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie