Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Belated Introduction

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Introduce yourself! > Belated Introduction   
Iíve been a fan of Tolkien ever since I was a kid. Iíve read the Hobbit, then LOTR and Adventures of Tom Bombadil etc whilst waiting for the Silmarillion. Iíve read LOTR once a year and other books on occasion; so much so that I could quote LOTR chapter and verse. Iíve even tried to live my life according to these principles. However, I have become a bit lazy since the movies came out (excellent job by PJ by the way) so I canít quite do everything from memory.
Iíve never joined any sites or done any posts previously. Since I joined PT, these are the first and only posts Iíve ever made on any website so Iím still new to all these threads etc. My apologies to Grondmaster for breaking his thread earlier. Also I donít always remember what threads Iíve answered. Iím not connected to the internet at home so Iím only online at libraries etc. and donít always have a lot of time-usually I multitask to get as much done as possible. Anyway Iím thinking of starting some interesting threads, but more of that later.
A belated but nonetheless hearty welcome! Smile Smilie

I'm not here as often as I'd like to be either but will look forward to reading your posts!
Hi Gwindor, sorry this is late, but we often don't see initial threads until the first post is added to them. It's an anomaly in the forum's engine, which the council can't do anything about. I always try to add another post after I start a new thread so that the new thread shows up in the menus. Anyway, welcome to our happy family. Happy Elf Smilie

Share and enjoy!
Welcome, Gwidor, in Planet Tolkien, where fans are gathering to celebrate their common love to fiction in the World of Arda!

Looking forward to your posts and new threads: Have fun!
hello im pidith euchil im very shy and im new here.
Hello Pidith_eluchil, welcome to our happy family. Happy Elf Smilie Don't be shy, we won't bite. Feel free to ask questions, provide answers, and join in the discussions. And any wrong answers are just occasions to be used for learning. So don't worry about them, I don't and I still make them; I just try not to make the same onemore than a couple times in a row. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
thank you grond.

pidith
Hi Pidith!

I tend to be shy too but this is a very friendly place Smile Smilie Just jump in and join in the discussions and games!

Sian
thank you my kind sir.

Pidith
Thank you for those who replied to my introduction, especially Pidith who's even more new than I am. While I'm here I'd like to pose a question. Is it possible to have a record of posts made, especially one's own as I can't always remember what threads I've posted. There seems to be some record of journals, why not for posts since they are all recorded anyway.In the meantime I'm working on a new thread, sort of a quiz-but with a difference.Anyway, nice to meet you all. Please excuse me if I seem abrupt - I usually don't say much anyway and write even less, should have been a Ranger
Quote:
Is it possible to have a record of posts made, especially one's own as I can't always remember what threads I've posted. There seems to be some record of journals, why not for posts since they are all recorded anyway.

I don't think so, that's another of the amenities we probably will never get without spending an arm and a leg for a professional forum engine and I doubt if the adds even pay for the server fees.
Why spend money when someone with a bit of knowledge of databases, programming etc can write this themselves - its relatively simple, whoever controls this site would have the original source code.