Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: I have an ANNOUNCEMENT

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Introduce yourself! > I have an ANNOUNCEMENT   
I have called you together for a Purpose.
Indeed, for Three Purposes.

First of all, to tell you that I am immensely fond of you all, and that eleventy-one posts is too short a time to live among such excellent and admirable hobbits, elves, dwarves, men, orcs, trolls etc.
I don’t know half of you half as well I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Secondly, to celebrate my one hundred and eleventh post. This may not seem a lot to you, but considering my first ever and subsequent posts was on PT, this is quite a record for me.

Thirdly and finally, I wish to make an ANNOUNCEMENT.
I regret to announce that – though, as I said, eleventy-one posts is far too short a time to spend among you – this is the END. I am going. I am leaving NOW. GOOD-BYE.
PS. Actually, not really – not possessing a magic ring, I can’t quite disappear, so you’re still stuck with me.
PPS. No prizes for guessing who I’ve paraphrased.
Quote:
Thirdly and finally, I wish to make an ANNOUNCEMENT.
I regret to announce that – though, as I said, eleventy-one posts is far too short a time to spend among you – this is the END. I am going. I am leaving NOW. GOOD-BYE.

You did leave! You are now 112 posts old Elk Grinning Smilie
BILBO BAGGINS!

aww.... no prizes.
Quote:
aww.... no prizes.
I can fix one right up for our newest known member.

To Cheesywob in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo: one Window's waste-paper basket. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
This whole thread is terribly exciting and so, well so very Hobbity...ish. love it.
Me too Smile Smilie Such a warm post and entertaining also! And the paraphrase is, of course, from a most estimable fellow Hobbit Elk Grinning Smilie
I wanted this to coincide with Bilbo's birthday but I didn't have suufficient posts. Still, only a week later. Thank you for your responses, glad you enjoyed it.
Are we going to assume that he means to tell us; We are how old our posts say we are?!

Poor Grondy. Orc Grinning Smilie Eldest and wisest if I don't say so myself. As for me, I'm old, but sprightly for a Nazgúl Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie