Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Hail! from Khazad-Dun

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Introduce yourself! > Hail! from Khazad-Dun   
Greetings friends. Long time Tolkien enthusiast here. My mom gave me a special edition of The Hobbit for xmas when I was about 10 years old (green leather case and everything) and I fell in love. Shortly afterwards I read the LOTR trilogy and it just grew from there. I also read other sorts of fantasy-fiction from Gaiman to Salvatore to Pullman to Brooks to Rowling to Pratchet and the list goes on. I do read fairly frequently and I'd say a good 85% of it falls into that realm. I am also a lifelong gamer (triforce tattoo on my back, part of a bigger--albeit more expensive--design) and a bit of a short story fiction writer inspired LARGELY by Tolkien. A little bit about me, I'm 21, born in Colorado, lived in Alaska, currently in Georgia and soon to be moving somewhere else. I am a certified massage therapist, I'm very interested in holistic medicines and other spiritual practices, and I plan on taking that further someday. I drink a lot of coffee and I'm o.k. with that. I've been playing bass for 10 years as well and my life is full of all sorts of musical sounds, particularly of the metal and post-rock variety. The Balrog is easily my favorite fantasy creature: the lore, the look,the purpose, the controversy (can they fly? I don't think so.) and the sheer brutality. Anyways this is getting too long so I'll stop here, hopefully I'll see some of you in the RP section and I'm always more than willing to discuss the realms of Tolkien. Any other questions feel free to ask. I look forward to getting to know all of you better!

Also, quick question, but I had spaced that out so it didn't look as intimidating and jumbled, so is there a trick to making paragraphs? Does it need to be in HTML format or something?

g'day mate and welcome to PT, hehe you sound like a bit of a character, we can always use some more of that here Smile Smilie

So how come I get on your nerves Rho?  

Welcome. You don't need HTML for proper paragraphs, there was an update recently that improved the posting system but made the paragraphs not as good as they were. Just submit it, then go back. The line breaks will have doubled, remove them and you are sorted.

, Just kiddin' Rho.