Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: I have another announcement

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Introduce yourself! > I have another announcement   
Hello again, Been a while since Iíve posted anything, but I have looked in from time to time. For me itís never been the same without Grondmaster, who Iíve shared many a banter with, usually over the quizzes. Nice to see one or two of my old friends still around, especially Leelee. I see Valedhelgwath is back, weíve never spoken, but Iíve read your excellent fanfiction stories, and I also see youíre a mariner. Anyway for the moment Iíll leave you with my commemoration of my 111th post, which was quite well received at the time, [I have an announcement] I have called you together for a Purpose. Indeed, for Three Purposes. First of all, to tell you that I am immensely fond of you all, and that eleventy-one posts is too short a time to live among such excellent and admirable hobbits, elves, dwarves, men, orcs, trolls etc. I donít know half of you half as well I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Secondly, to celebrate my one hundred and eleventh post. This may not seem a lot to you, but considering my first ever and subsequent posts was on PT, this is quite a record for me. Thirdly and finally, I wish to make an ANNOUNCEMENT. I regret to announce that Ė though, as I said eleventy-one posts is far too short a time to spend among you Ė this is the END. I am going. I am leaving NOW. GOOD-BYE. PS. Actually, not really Ė not possessing a magic ring, I canít quite disappear, so youíre still stuck with me. PPS. No prizes for guessing who Iíve paraphrased.
Gwindor congrats on you eleventy first post! Very witty and a great morning read! Thank you.

Gwindor, it is an honor to have you come to see us, come home for a while.I know how you feel about Grondy, I have never felt the same. But as Bilbo Baggins of the Shire said each person must come on to the stage, do his part and then leave. And Master Frodo said to Sam that he could not always have his heart torn in two, he must pick the one thing to live for and leave the other, so to speak. I decided to follow dearest Grondy's path, giving all I have for this site. To do less for me was to let him down. I bow before you to honor all you have done here. Please come back as you can.

Hello Gwindor. I must rectify the fact we haven't spoken yet. I still pop in on occasions when time allows, but like many of us, I find time a rare commodity now days. We all miss Grondy. He was such a huge part of this site, his presence is sorely missed. He left such a legacy of posts, though, I feel his spirit lives on here. When I miss him, I re-read some of his old posts and they bring him back to me.