Thread: Will the movies need to cater to fangirls?
  >>
[quote="Gandalfs Beard":3qnkzj7d]If you want a Super-Mega-Blockbuster you need Fan-Girls[/quote:3qnkzj7d]
Well ... maybe. Let's take a look at the highest grossing films of all time to see for sure! (Source: [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highest_Grossing_Movies:3qnkzj7d]Wikipedia[/url:3qnkzj7d]. I use it; sue me.)
1. [i:3qnkzj7d]Titanic [/i:3qnkzj7d](dear god that defines hunks/romance)
2. [i:3qnkzj7d]The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King[/i:3qnkzj7d] (checks out)
3. [i:3qnkzj7d]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/i:3qnkzj7d] (definitely checks out)
4. [i:3qnkzj7d]The Dark Knight[/i:3qnkzj7d] (I dunno, does Christian Bale count as a hunk? )
5. [i:3qnkzj7d]Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone[/i:3qnkzj7d] (no hunks at this point in the series except maybe Alan Rickman but it's a once-in-a-generation phenomenon; it could be a valid exception)
6. [i:3qnkzj7d]PotC: At World's End[/i:3qnkzj7d] (see #3)
7. [i:3qnkzj7d]HP: Order of the Phoenix[/i:3qnkzj7d] (it's HP)
8. [i:3qnkzj7d]HP: Half-Blood Prince[/i:3qnkzj7d] (see above)
9. [i:3qnkzj7d]LotR: The Two Towers[/i:3qnkzj7d] (yup)
10. [i:3qnkzj7d]Star Wars Episode 1[/i:3qnkzj7d] (come on, it's freakin' Star Wars! Like the HP of the preceding generation)
11. [i:3qnkzj7d]Shrek 2[/i:3qnkzj7d] (ew ... I mean, I don't think it has any hotties)
12. [i:3qnkzj7d]Jurassic Park[/i:3qnkzj7d] (I tried to scourge the memory of this movie from my brain with fire, can anyone help me on this point)
13. [i:3qnkzj7d]HP: Goblet of Fire[/i:3qnkzj7d] (they start introducing romance here, plus it's HP)
14. [i:3qnkzj7d]Spider-Man 3[/i:3qnkzj7d] (never saw it but I think it has romance)
15. [i:3qnkzj7d]Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs[/i:3qnkzj7d] (what the- okay, an animated movie)
16. [i:3qnkzj7d]HP: Chamber of Secrets[/i:3qnkzj7d] (it's HP)
17: [i:3qnkzj7d]LotR: Fellowship of the Ring[/i:3qnkzj7d] (yes, once again)
18. [i:3qnkzj7d]Finding Nemo[/i:3qnkzj7d] (animated movie)
19. [i:3qnkzj7d]Star Wars Episode III[/i:3qnkzj7d] (I'd say it has a romance, plus Hayden Christensen might be seen as hot)
20. [i:3qnkzj7d]Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen[/i:3qnkzj7d] (I think this is a certifiable guy movie)
With the exception of Transformers I think it's safe to say that the super-mega-blockbusters are all either hunk/romance movies, part of major phenomenon, or else cutesie movies, preferably animated. I guess cutesie movies might be another variety of fangirl-bait, but in any event, point taken.
I can hope, at least.
With the exception of Transformers I think it's safe to say that the super-mega-blockbusters are all either hunk/romance movies, part of major phenomenon, or else cutesie movies, preferably animated. [b:eakmqvz9]I guess cutesie movies might be another variety of fangirl-bait[/b:eakmqvz9], but in any event, point taken.[/quote:eakmqvz9]
Exactly my Point . Thanks Eldorion .
NB There is a rumor circulating that Bilbo and Galadriel (as back story) have a fling which results in the birth of Gollum. Surely that would not be suitable for thirteen year olds, I mean to say!!!
Now where could such a horrible rumor have possibly come from?
As to those rumors - something should be done about people who make them up. Hroom! Hroom!It won't do at all!
Maybe Smeagol wasn't the only love child they had.
NB Hello Tin. I haven't forgotten B and L. Will get back to it, promise. I'm just waiting for someone else to have go as I tend to take things and run, which means others don't get much of a turn - and that's not very fair!)
Elijah was what, 18 when the movies started? and in the book he was near 50! who knows what they'll do this time....