Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Hobbit in 3D

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Hobbit (Movie) > Hobbit in 3D   << [1] [2] [3]
Indeed. It is all going rather well, with any luck the next major move will be that it's to be only one film not two. (and still in 2d!) Soon I hope.
I am hopeful that no plans will be made after this point, though I'm still a bit cautious.
The [url=http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/07/22/waiting-around-for-the-hobbit/:31szd3n2]New York Times[/url:31szd3n2] reports TORn saying that The Hobbit won't be in 3D and TORn reposts the article on their front page.

Oh, happy day! :mrgreen:
Trust in the Valar folks! As Gods they tend to move a bit slow but they get there, all we need now is for the financial constraints to bite and the decision to be taken to make just 1 not 2 films and we might get a proper version of Th yet. (Although they still need to do something about PJ and the coven- hell fire would do). :twisted:
Tinuviel, I moved your post and made it a thread starter. It seems like a great topic for a stand-alone thread :mrgreen: .

[b:1gzkoi6b]GB[/b:1gzkoi6b]
Had a look at the new 3D tv, i was amazed, looked great. Didnt think it would look that good
Do youself a favour and have a butchers. 8-) 8-)
Good article/interview with Cameron on why 3D shouldn't be shoehorned onto a 2D film in post-production. He says if you want a good 3D film you have to FILM IT in 3D. [url:1hsxu2kn]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11683132[/url:1hsxu2kn]
While I disagree with Cameron about 3D, I do have to respect him for trying to make it a legitimate type of filmmaking rather than something to be shoehorned in out of pure greed.
I hate 3D films. I started wearing glasses recently (eye sight going downhill already, great!) and find that it's rather hard to put my normal glasses over the 3D glasses. I'm struggling to find a technique which doesn't involve me moving both pairs around every few minutes. But on the whole, I don't think the gimmick of 3D would improve The Hobbit movie at all. In fact it would probably make the movie worse.
I have a similar problem with glasses on top of glasses or glasses under glasses- doesn't seem to quite work either way Ally. But is TH going to be in 3D or not? Do we know for certain yet? There seems to be a few contradictory statements on this thread on the subject.
The official press release announcing that the films were green-lit said they would be in 3D. That could still change, I suppose, but I haven't heard anything to suggest that.
[quote="Eldorion":z59aqrmx]The official press release announcing that the films were green-lit said they would be in 3D. That could still change, I suppose, but I haven't heard anything to suggest that.[/quote:z59aqrmx] I'll just have to watch in in 2D then. It's rather annoying though, because I suppose my friends will want to watch it in 3D (that's if they agree to see it with me in the first place!). Shame! [quote="pettytyrant101":z59aqrmx]I have a similar problem with glasses on top of glasses or glasses under glasses- doesn't seem to quite work either way Ally. But is TH going to be in 3D or not? Do we know for certain yet? There seems to be a few contradictory statements on this thread on the subject.[/quote:z59aqrmx] It's rather annoying. One of my first ever trips to see a 3D film (I think it was Avatar) I kept laughing at the person whose glasses were perilously perched on the edge of their head. Now I know what they were going through!
As long as it's FILMED in 3D I think it will be awesome (actually the polarized glasses seem to improve my vision :? ). [b:3mwrklqb]GB[/b:3mwrklqb]
It also needs to be watched first time in 3D on the big screen. Wonder if you will ever get 3D contact lenses.
Perhaps this is GB's influence, or just an unusually good mood, but I'm starting to feel more open towards seeing [i:jnch3uay]The Hobbit[/i:jnch3uay] in 3D if that's how they want to film it. :ugeek:
:mrgreen: [b:2hy76pa6]GB[/b:2hy76pa6]
  << [1] [2] [3]