Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Thorin's Movie Company

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Hobbit (Movie) > Thorin's Movie Company   << [1] [2]
Wen and Galin. There comes a point where debate turns to argument and I think we are there. I respect both your opinions, but still don't think we have clear evidence of Dwarves breeding in the mortal way. So much of Dwarven history is shrouded in mystery and doubt. I have debated all the way through this thread that we simply don't know and I think we never will. Sorry you think I was hasty, however perhaps that's me. In future I'll try to be a little more Entish in my debating skills (which I agree I'm not very good at).

Brego wrote: I respect both your opinions, but still don't think we have clear evidence of Dwarves breeding in the mortal way. So much of Dwarven history is shrouded in mystery and doubt. I have debated all the way through this thread that we simply don't know and I think we never will. 

I don't think you have actually debated the LQS citation yet -- as so far your only seeming response to it is that it isn't in the 1977 constructed Silmarillion published by Christopher Tolkien, which in my opinion is essentially not dealing with what it says or suggests.

Earlier in the thread:

Galin wrote: So you won't comment on this point, or won't even agree (or not) that, in the early 1950s at least, the idea was that reincarnated Dwarves returned to Middle-earth by being reborn as babies.   

Brego responded: Correct Galin I wont.  

<< [1] [2]