Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Mr Shore does it again

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Hobbit (Movie) > Mr Shore does it again   
As some of you may know, I'm a huge fan of the musical score from TLOTR films. To this day I listen to a favourites play list often. After not being overly excited with The Hobbit films and score so far I have found a gem. Its called A Feast of Starlight and there is an extended edition on Youtube. True Elven beauty. Choir boys singing in Sindarin and a Female soloist who's voice sores to the heights of Manwe's Eagles. I cry everytime I hear it despite the fact that its the song played over the scene where Elf and Dwarf supposedly fall in love.... I'll leave that alone and go and listen to this gorgeous piece of music again....

Ahh . . . I just listened to it from YouTube, and you're right.  SO beautiful; it just made me sigh.  And then that made me look at lots of other elven songs.  Here's one I found; it's for Amras ;-D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cY6XJnBrfw

Hope you like it :-)  Namarie,

Nirwen Celemirsel

Thanks Nerwen....

You can her my Elven playlist at my Youtube channel

Stephen C Tolkien

I shall give that song a spin sometime today. Thanks for sharing it, Brego.

@ Brego: I was really in love with the whole Mirkwood soundtrack, almost like the Realm of Gondor soundtrack, which in my opinion is Shore's best. The Feast of Starlight is definitely the best Hobbit 2 track, or maybe it tops both of them. @ Nirwen: Yes, the Tauriel theme I love too, it is very vivacious and colorful. I don't need the sound when I watch the video!!!!! Howard Shore does a brilliant job putting Tauriel into music. Tolkien would approve.

yes agreed friends re Tauriel's theme.... I think I'm looking forward to Master Shores score for the BOFA battle scene and I am already getting goosebumps about the penultimate "The Eagles are coming!" scene. I wander who will get that line....