Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: were would you live?

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Places > were would you live?   [1] [2] >>
After the War of the Ring it will be a grat defy to do something about Mordor, Black Land. As I like to be active and do things, I think that I'd like to live in Mordor and to try to restore its ruined environment, to make it a "Galendor" (Green Land) again.
There are similar threads going but I love this topic.

I love Rivendell, but I would have to LIVE in Hobbiton. Rivendell would be my lil vacation hideaway. Actually so many places are cool....

Bree is neat...diversity!
Rohan MUST have hot men all over the place.
Lothlorien would be very oozy and mysterious.
The Gray Havens would be ethereal.

But I'm a hobbit! So I would choose a cozy hole in the Shire someplace.
Rivendell or Mithlond.
Rivendell, Shire or Lothlorien. Maybe Mirkwood, not sure...

Pere, u changed u avatar?

[Edited on 23/8/2003 by Sheryl]
Quote:
Pere, u changed u avatar?

Yeah, and I'm thinking of changing it back.
ok, first of all, there is lot's of other threads like this one, but I can't find any of them, so I'll let it be. Smile Smilie

Second: I would like to live.. in Gondor, Isengard (when it was nice and not corrupted), Lothlorien, The Shire, Imladris/Rivendell, Rohan.. Ooh.. EVERYWHERE!! Big Smile Smilie

Third: Don't change it back Peredhil, your avatar is great! I love it!! Big Smile Smilie I'm gonna put it under coolest avatar, as soon as I've figured out the rest of them.
Quote:
Ooh.. EVERYWHERE!! Big Smile Smilie

Haha, same here. I'd just wander everywhere (tourist).
Quote:
Quote:

Gandalf, the Grey Wanderer, will have lots of company, because that makes three more of us.
Make that 4 tourists.I would like to see all places in ME but mostly Lothlorien.I like that almost all of ME(I'm not sure though) is coverd with forests so I don't mind going around all the time as long as I don't get to meet some wandering goblin.
mmmm... I think that would make us 5 tourists... How could you choose??? I don't know, maybe Rohan, that way I would have one of the Mearas to take me anywhere I wanted... I really couldn't choose, all sound so great, and all have their history behind them... Maybe I would be a ranger, who knows...
Easy....my Halls in Aman...Tongue Smilie
I'd have to say that Rivendell would be where I would vi§it,I would go swimming in the waters and climbing trees....
Let's not forget Aman!!! I wish I could live in the fairest city of them all: Tirion!
Quote:

Quote:

Gandalf, the Grey Wanderer, will have lots of company, because that makes three more of us.

Quote:
Make that 4 tourists.I would like to see all places in ME but mostly Lothlorien.I like that almost all of ME(I'm not sure though) is coverd with forests so I don't mind going around all the time as long as I don't get to meet some wandering goblin.

Quote:
mmmm... I think that would make us 5 tourists... How could you choose???

How's about 6 tourists? Although if we lived in ME, we wouldn't be tourists, we'd be gypsies. We could keep Tom and Gandalf company! Big Smile Smilie
I wouldnt want to live in ME after the war of the ring.
I would sail over the ocean.
All the good places like Rivendell and Lorien are being left.
Welcome to the Middle-earth Tourist Board. We have a variety of tours all designed with you, the visitor, in mind. Would you like to see the Glittering Caves and the work the dwarves have done there? Would you like to tour the festering blister that is Mordor and see for yourselves the torture pits, the dungeons, the desperate scratchings of prisoners long dead? Would you prefer relaxing in Rivendell or Mirkwood or Lothlorien? See where Galadriel's Mirror once stood or walk beneath the mallorn trees.

We have trips to the mountain tops, ski-ing on Caradhras, even a chair lift to take you to the Eagles' Nests.

Our representative is waiting at the Grey havens to welcome you.

Terms and conditions apply, no liability is accepted. Travel insurance is available as extra.
I would definitely like to live in Rivendell (I'm an elf, aren't I? Smile Smilie), or in the wonderful Golden Wood of Lothlorien.
what is it with you elves? the most beutiful place in ME are the great halls in MORIA, you'd be suprised if you ever saw them once *dreaming away*
Yes, like many here i would be something akin to the Grey Wanderer. But i wouldnt call myself a tourist (i hate being called a tourist). I couldnt stay still anywhere in Middle Earth or Ea!!!
So what do you say Grondy? We could organize a little adventuring party for all of us here and explore ME all together! Sounds fun to me!! Smile Smilie
I guess if I have to pick a place after the War of the Ring it would be Gondor, but that probably has a lot to do with my lament we're barred from antebellum choices: first choice is Gondolin camped out by the Fountain between the Two Trees, but Gondor is, I guess, a good second choice. It certainly lasted longer, but no leggy blonde Noldorin princesses. ;-p
Rohan all the way. That's where all the blondes are.
Not Eowyn; she's in Gondor, the realm, if not the city. And I did always like Eowyn, even moreso than Galadriel. After all, you can worship Elven princesses from afar, but they always have that unattainable quality.... Besides, I've always said legginess trumps blondeness (are those even words? Didn't think so) and assuming she's not too bandylegged I gotta think Eowyn has some nice ones if she's been guiding horses with them all her life.
Don't mention Éowyn, for it was quite an unfortunate event that a Lady of Rohan was stolen by a man of Gondor. And she's in Emyn Arnen.

I think Elves would've had better legs than Rohirrim, anyway, for they rode without saddles. That's perhaps where Leggylas got his name from.
Ithilien's no longer part of Gondor???! Meanwhile, though the Rohirrim certainly used saddles, they didn't do so all the time. Besides which, that's more for your rump than your legs anyway, and I can't really see anyone putting a saddle on a Meara, or needing to do so. Besides which, I don't see many Noldorin Ladys embracing death for a mortal, so I'm better off shooting for one of the Rohirrim. *pushes Faramir into the Anduin*
Wait a minute, are you saying Gandalf had nice legs?!
MOST of the Mearas were mounts to the royal house of Rohan, of course. Elf Rolling Eyes Smilie
Well i would personally love to live in the Golden Wood and walk in the forest for hours and hours and get lost in thought, it would either be Lothlorien or The Grey Havens, undying places
Quote:
MOST of the Mearas were mounts to the royal house of Rohan, of course.

Yes, but the Mearas were only ridden by men : the King of Rohan and his son(s). Not by women.

And now I wonder whether Éowyn's horse in my fanfic was one of the Mearas. I think so, but as Éowyn was kind of a "man-maiden" that's not really a problem. So much for adequate Tolkien research.
If you noticed when Gandalf took his header in Khazad-dûm, he had knobby knees and his legs were bleached white, being always hidden from sunlight by his lengthy robes. Besides, I don't think you gentlemen were really interested in the comliness of his legs. Orc Grinning Smilie
I would want to wander the realm, but I would always have my quiet aery in the mountains as a safe haven when the world became too wide.
I'd love to live in Minas Tirith because it's a mighty city and it's description in the books is amazing
buckland honestly its honestly away from the bustle of the shire but still qiuant and calm and has a certain hobbitish quaility we all need to have.
Edoras.
Make it seven tourists. We dwarves dont like houses anyway....
I think I'd have to sail over the seas as all the Elves were leaving and I'd want to be with my people!

Although, I'd stay in Middle Earth for as long as possible, just to enjoy it for that last little bit. I'd probably spend some time in Lothlorien and then travel to Rivendell. Before moving on through The Shire and thence to the Grey Havens.

Ok, so I'd be a bit of a wonderer before leaving. Elf Rolling Eyes Smilie
Shire, of course.
Hobbiton, I mean. Or some place near Hobbiton.
Those hills... Wiggle Smilie
Since Beleriand is all ruined, I guess I'd have to settle for either the far West or the east. hmmm... Most of my friends here have chosen to stay in ME, I guess the Undying Lands would be quite boring without them, so I think I might stay for a while. Lothlorien is a nice place, and it's closer to the cities of Men, too, so I guess that's my dream-place.
I would love living at Minas Tirith after the War of the Ring.
I would live in Rohan, I love riding horses
Live in the Shire, Visit Bree OFTEN (with stops at Tom's place and Buckland on the way), Holidays in Rivendell, Longer holidays in Dale and the Lonely Mountain, (with stopover's at Beorn's place to and from); and summers partly in Gondor and partly on the sea (visiting Lebennin, Belfalas, and all those oceanside lands that are barely seen in the LOTR novels).

Occasional forays into the south and east after those two Kings have made most places generally peaceful....
Well, since Lothlorien also is stripped bare after Galdriel's departure, I guess an occasional visit to Gondor wouldn't be too bad either...maybe I'll even stay there for good...
Quote:
Visit Bree OFTEN

No problem : The city of Bree
Quote:
The City of Bree
Ah, the now combined former Belgian cities of Beek, Gerdingen, and Opitter; however, we don't show Belgium on Planet-Tolkien's Map of Middle-earth. Orc Grinning Smilie
That's why Bree is translated as Breeg in Dutch.
I would live in haradwaith....
no annoying neighbours Smile Smilie
I would live in Khazad Dum. It would probably take a life time to explore it completely and at least i will not be bored.........
I would like to wander over Middle Earth for a while, seeing all of the cool places like the Shire and Lothlórien before living in only one place. If I had to stay there, however, I would pick somewhere with a good library. Smile Smilie I can't go long without reading, even if I'm somewhere really interesting.
I should like to wander the length and breadth of Middle Earth, even the worst inhuman bits and ponder about freedom and its' beauty and the cost of it in the end . I would love Lothlorien, I would be so happy there and of course for me Rivendell is best because it is a place of remembering and collecting and the putting down of things to be cherished and remembered as well as a place of creating fabulous things.(Was not the great Sword of the West mended there to perfection?).
If though I am totally honest I suppose across the Sea, for that is the reality really while the other elven places in Middle Earth are somehow just a shadow of what was.
I would love to wander around ME, exploring, fighting against orcs and all sorts of other creatures of evil. An elf would have the best of it though, 'cause you'd need well over a thousand years to explore thoroughly, and by that time there'd be new things to explore, and old things would have changed.
Quote:
an elf would have best of it though.

Unfortunatly my friend you would not. There are better races in this categories that elfs, especially fighting.

e.g Dwarfs from the sil
"Since they were to come in the days of the power of Melkor, Aule made the dwarf strong to endure. Therefore they are stone-hard, stubborn, fast in friendship and in enemity, and they suffer toil and hurt of body more hardily than all other speaking people.."

So why don't you take me with you? We could strike a deal.... Very Evil Smilie Deal Smilie
  [1] [2] >>