Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Middle Earth or Undying Lands?

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Places > Middle Earth or Undying Lands?   << [1] [2]
Do the Undying Lands grant peace. I doubt it...
Quote:
Do the Undying Lands grant peace.

Peace of body I'd say. To those who wandered in the starlit woods of middle-earth and fought in the great battles I believe the demons of the mind haunt them and they wish to return Smile Smilie
I suppose that after a few millenia of peace and prosperity, the citizens of the Undying Lands would find their demons somewhat dulled. Would they grow complacent, I wonder?
Quote:
I suppose that after a few millenia of peace and prosperity, the citizens of the Undying Lands would find their demons somewhat dulled.

I doupt that they could ever forget middle-earth after what they endured there. Not to mention the beauty of the land Smile Smilie
I think that the longing for middle-earth would become in some a fire that blazes whitin them and after a few millenia they would no doupt want to return Smile Smilie
Middle Earth. Peace is boring.
Quote:
Peace is boring.

Hah Big Smile Smilie
I'd rather have days of peace than of war Smile Smilie
I agree with Vir about the elves and the fact that although they are not mentioned they will be there also. I do not believe that having created them the creator would then just let them come to a quiet end and that is it. No I think they too will be immortal in some sort of fashion; as a matter of fact I always have that sensation when I read about them, that they are these immortal sensitive folk clothed in bodies , but the bodies don't rule them, they rule the bodies. Unlike the hobbits who are to me, so ruled by their bodies and fleshly desires.

So for me, an elf in MIddle-Earth would be the best thing.
Ah, but when the Sun becomes a Red Giant, the Elves will not wish to remain on Arda, to which they are tied. Anyone for Crispy Critters? :bigelfgrim: er... Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
i leave middle Earth when i am weary,weary.weary.......
  << [1] [2]