Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: cerin amroth

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Places > cerin amroth   
what was cerin amroth exactly? I am aware that it is a hill in lothlorien on which king amroth had made a flet on, but what was it that made this hill feel so timeless and beautiful. Sam said he felt like he was in a song. I thought it could have been galadriel's ring that made lothlorien unaffected by time but i prefer to get other's advice.
I think it probably is Galadriels Ring but it might be the blessing of the Vala who watched over Lorien in the Undying lands. name slips the toungue. not sure if tolk would agree or Grondy and other experienced people for that matter but it sounds fair to me.
Quote:
I think it probably is Galadriels Ring but it might be the blessing of the Vala who watched over Lorien in the Undying lands.

The Vala in Valinor is named Irmo, or Lorien after his garden, but he has nothing to do with Lothlorien of Middle-Earth.

It is indeed due to the power of Galadriel's Ring, Nenya, that Lothlorien is placed out of the flow of time and nothing in Lothlorien ever perishes or withers.
that clarifies it,thanx!
There is often a period of time (maybe 10-15 minutes long) near sunset that I call faerie-time, when the light takes on a pinkish flavor, the wind dies down, the world is very quiet, and awe inspiring. I can almost imagine the Elves coming out to play at such a time and figure this is somewhat like the Fellowship felt when they came to Cerin Amroth.

There are other stories that include a sacred grove upon a hilltop, i.e. The Mabinogion and The Wizard of Earthsea, among others.