Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Charlie and Chocolate Factory

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > New Releases > Charlie and Chocolate Factory   
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, is a remake of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory, as anyone could guess. I found it quite funny. It really made me feel like a kid again! Also, it has some serious parts, showing Willy Wonka's childhood, and about his father. (which is played by Christopher Lee, by the way...) It has many different parts, which I thought neither improved or ruined the story. For example, the other children besides Charlie: their names were the same, and the had mostly the same characteristics as before, but it was modernized. ( the kid who liked cowboy shows, liked violent video games)
The Oompa Loompas were played by a cute little Italian guy. Awww. They (he) do a lot of different "Ooopa Loompa's Little Lessons" songs in the movie (when the children each do something naughty) and they're all different genres of songs. It's really cute.
If anyone is wondering whether the movie is a "must-see" or not, I'd say only if you would like to dip in the your "child-side!" Smile Smilie
Quote:
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, is a remake of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory, as anyone could guess.

Is it ? I thought it was based on Roald Dahl's novel ?
The new movie, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory has the same title as Roald Dahl's book, on which it is based. The earlier movie, staring Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka, was also based this same book, but was titled Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory.

Neither movie should be missed if you are young or young at heart.
I've never heard of the book... Is is good?
Actually, I don't know for I have never read it either; however, because they did make two movies from it I have a pretty good idea that it is actually quite good. Normally they take good books and make bad movies from them rather than the other way around. Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie Of course I may be wrong. Happy Elf Smilie
The book is really good, though the sequel to it, "Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator" wasn't nearly as good. This movie is actually closer to the book than the original, in which Willy Wonka was portrayed as a happy-go-lucky, funny guy. Roald Dahl hated the first version and refused to let them name it after his movie or even take part in it. His wife said that Dahl, however, would ahve loved this version. Personally, I thought that Johnny Depp did a fantastic job portraying Willy Wonka, but that was just me, i adored the movie.
i liked both the first and second movies but i liked the second one more!
the book was even better than the movies!
if u havent read them or seen the movies u should no matter how old u r!
Those Oompa-loompas certainly had nice dance moves!!! That's all I can say...
when I was little I read the book, but don't remember much of it anymore

I'd really love to see the movie though, simply coz I'm a big fan of Johnny,
actually, I can't wait to see it Smile Smilie
I'm a big fan of Johnny, too. But you have to admit he looked freaky as willy wonka...
from what I see in the ads...

he looks like his face was cramped in a creepy smile all the time
Yep. That's it. But there were a few scenes in which he wasn't smiling, although it didn't make him look any more like himself...
Quote:
he looks like his face was cramped in a creepy smile all the time
I think that creepy face is a standard of Tim Burton's, for examples see his The Nightmare Before Christmas.
I enjoyed the new version of Charlie.... but then I like most of the stuff the The gorgeous Mr Depps been in...!
I finally watched the movie earlier this week; it was much better story than the Gene Wilder musical version; though the music wasn't as rememberable.

'Ompah! Ompah! What do you get when.....
The same weired looking person every time Big Laugh Smilie I saw it today with my daugther ..I specially love the scene when Willy Wonka can't seem to find the key..Good movie that isSmile Smilie