Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: HP & the Order of the Phoenix

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > New Releases > HP & the Order of the Phoenix   
So who can't wait for the release of the seventh and final book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows at the end of next week, so to tide them over they will go see the movie of the fifth book, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix this week?
I I'll probably wait until next week for the movie.
Went to see the movie yesterday. I enjoyed it, but now I'm planning to re-read some of the books to have the story fresh in my mind before I try to get a hold of the last book. (I won't buy it, but I can borrow from someone).
Quote:
now I'm planning to re-read some of the books to have the story fresh in my mind before I try to get a hold of the last book.

I should do that too, but I doubt I can wait. Especially if my boyfriend's sister gets the book and starts reading before I do. She'll be torturing me. Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie Maybe seeing the movie and reading (at least parts of) book 6 might be a good idea...
I saw the film yesterday it was good and unlike the other films it stuck to the book more I also have got the last book on reserve. I hope its good
I struggle to read Harry Potter now since reading The Silmarillion. The pace just seems too slow. In one chapter of The Sil it could mean the slaying of the Two Trees, the fall of an Elf kingdom or some great duel. But within a chapter of HP there might have been a quidditch game or Potter might have forgotten his library book...not quite the same. No doubt I will read the last book though.
So LoA, you didn't read the last two HP books in two readings each; and on the last book, staying up that second night until 10 am just to find out, 'What happens next?' Read Smilie
I do read them once I have had enough of the Tolkien collection but they don't hold my interest as nearly as much.
HP is definitely told on a different scale than the sil or LoTR or even the Hobbit.

In school we used to have to "do analogies". Here is one:

HP is to the Sil what
a) cotton candy is to steak
b) brahms lullaby is to Brahms symphonies
c) explanatory prose is to poetry
d) a cup of water is to niagra falls
I went to the movie this afternoon. Had I not read the book, I think I would have been very confused; they left out a lot, but the book was too thick for a good movie. I'll still buy the DVD for my collection.
I've read and watched nothing but Harry Potter for bout 4 yrs now. I'm mad on it. Anywho, I liked the HP 5 movie, as long as I keep reminding myself that Books and movies are miles apart I'm fine with it. Wish they hadn't gotten rid of Dobby, considering the part he plays in The deathly Hallows.
But I'm glad to see they are keeping Neville's part's true to the books, am really looking forward to seeing him as the leader of the rebel's in Deathly Hallows.