Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: The Princess Bride

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Older Movies > The Princess Bride   
I think “The Princess Bride” counts as an older movie… doesn’t it? Anyway, I absolutely love this movie. It is hilarious, because it makes fun of fantasy- but in a good way, like how friends tease each other. A lot of people my age haven’t seen it, but most people not too much older have, and almost everyone who has seen it likes it… so, anyone else seen this?
That's one of my favorite movies! It's so hilarious! I love Andre the Giant in it. He's soooo funny.
I enjoyed that movie, I like the ROUS's.
Before my co-worker and I leave for the evening, we always say: "Goodnight. Good work, ___. Sleep well. I'll most likely kill you in the morning." He. he.

Hey, maybe since Robbin broke his arm, we're going to find out that he's not really right handed. Mwahahahaha...
Princess Bride is great fun. Apparently the original book is not, but the abridged version is like the movie.... (or so I gathered from reading a preface to an abridged version in a bookstore.... Alas! I did not buy it).

"no more rhyming! I mean it!"
"anybody got a peanut?"

My high school cross country coach used to quote this loudly on bus rides to and from our meets.
Quote:
Before my co-worker and I leave for the evening, we always say: "Goodnight. Good work, ___. Sleep well. I'll most likely kill you in the morning." He. he.

Isn't that from Kill Bill, instead?
Nope, it's what the Dread Pirate Roberts said to Wesley every night for three or four years years, until he made Wesley the Dread Pirate Roberts. There may or may not be a similar line in Kill Bill... I've never seen it, so I wouldn't know.
Egad! A thread about a movie that has become part of my life! My wife and I first saw this when we were still only engaged to marry. We bought a copy with our wedding money, and now my kids can quote whole scenes--and often do! If I so much as use a line in class, like "mawidge," or "wuv, twoo wuv," the class will go into hysterics. Apparently, for a long while, it was a favorite movie among our boarding students. I frequently find myself saying "Incontheivable," or "My name is Inigo Montoya--You killed my father, prepare to die!" Isn't there some kind of award we can give a movie that keeps on living like this?
Quote:
Isn't there some kind of award we can give a movie that keeps on living like this?
Yes there is, we the people have already adjudicated, decreeing that the The Princess Bride is a "Classic Movie" and it will live happily ever after. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
My husband bought me this movie on DVD for Christmas. Remember seeing it was it was out - almost 20 years ago now!

Still enjoyable now
I watched it on cable once again just last week.
Ahem...my dad LOVES this movie. My best friend LOVES this movie. Almost all my friends can quote it at random times.

I absolutley hate it. And I mean, I've seen it enough times to know for sure. I try to like it. I just don't. Sorry.

I'm glad for all of you though!

:smile:

Sooooo...who liked Cinderella III?
Hello, I'm Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!

I own this movie and it is enchanting, funny, sad and thoroughly satisfying from beginning to end.
Mandy Pritiken, Inigo, says that when he performs on stage even today the audience cries out for him to say this line. I love when he keeps saying it after being stabbed and somewhat recovering and the six fingered man says "will you stop saying that!'
You know that Dread Pirate Roberts is such a unique business idea, it really intrigued me. Not the pirating per se but the continually perpetrated fraud to instill fear and make wads of money. How very funny really.And, Gandalf-Olerin it has become part of our lives as well.
'You vomitous mass','hello lady', well sire as long as you've got your health you've got everything'
and all the giant's rymes , so many things we say and it starts the dialogue rolling and then we end up putting on the video.