Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: THE GUARDIAN, ANIMATED

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Older Movies > THE GUARDIAN, ANIMATED   

Once in London Drugs i espied an interesting dvd called the Guardian. But since i never heard of it I passed it by. On a whim a year later i saw only one copy and purchased it. It has become one of the most breathtaking classic animated movie i have ever seen. There seem to be a couple of errors but it does not take from the awesomeness of it. The actual titile is The Legend of the Guardians and the synopsis on imbd says" When a young owl is abducted by an evil Owl army, he must escape with newfound friends to seek out the legendary Guardians to stop the menace. The voice actors of which are too many to relate are no light weights in the acting profession. Some of them are Deborah-Lee Furness, HelenMirren, Sam Neill, Emily Barclay and Anthony laPaglia. I would give this fabulous movie and i believe it is Australian made a four and a half stars out of five.

I meant to add a thought to the above. The Guardians are a small group of owls sworn to fight to the death The Pure Ones. These owls steal baby owls and if the little ones don't agree to train to become Pure Ones, forsaking family and friends and past they are used as slaves and tortured and it is quite traumatic . it reminds me somewhat of what the capture elves must have gone through to destroy their faces, figures and minds with hideous torture so that they no longer cared about anyone but those driving them to evil.