Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Hide and Seek

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > DVD Releases > Hide and Seek   
For "a good movie" on a scale of 1 to 10, I would Hide and Seek an 8. But, for "a scar movie" I would only give it a 5. WARNING COMPLETE SPOILERS ARE BELOW!!! (If you haven't seen the movie yet and don't want to know the plot of the story, then don't read this post! I'm going to tell you all about it...)

Hide and Seek wasn't really scary, it was odd, and kind of weird, like some new "scary" movies are. It's about a little girl, Emily (played by Dakota Fanning), and her dad, who is a phsyciatrist. The mother has an affair, which her husband found out about, and she "commits suicide." So, the dad, played by Robert DeNiro, and Emily move to a new house to start over. Emily seems to be traumatized by her mothers suicide. It turns out, so was her father. Many tragic murders occur, and the dad thinks that Emily commits them, but she blames it on her "imaginary friend" called Charlie, who she loves to play hide and seek with. So, the father is constantly trying to get through Charlie to Emily, but she keeps saying she can't tell him anything about her friend Charlie. Emily's friend is actually trying to upset her dad and make him crack.
The end of the movie is a total twist. It turns out that the father is having mental problems, and develops a split personality. He is Charlie. Every time he sat down to write about phsyciatry and listen to jazz, he is actually imagining it and "playing" with Emily as a demented murderer, Charlie. The dad realizes that he is Charlie, so the Charlie side takes over and he goes after his daughter... (that isn't how the movie ends, but that's all I'm going to say.)
So, I thought the movie was pretty good. It was extremely odd, though...
Has anyone else seen it?