Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Pan's Labyrinth

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > DVD Releases > Pan's Labyrinth   
I just saw it for the first time, via DVD. I thought while its story was dark, it was very beautifully done, even if its violence was a bit too graphic. As it was filmed in Spanish, I had to resort to the English subtitles which sometimes flew by too fast, but only on a couple of occasions. It was a good modern fairytale that didn't have to resort to a dreamlike interface between this world and Faerie.
It's like Alice in Wonderland, set during the Spanish Civil War. Absolutely brilliant movie, best fantasy movie in years, especially considering Del Toro didn't need to butcher a set of books in order to make it.

Pan's labyrinth was an amazing movie. definitely one of my favourite ones all year and i have decided that i wanna adopt one of those creatures with the eyes in its hands so if anyone knows where i might find one lemme know. =P I loved the filmography and the plot was amazing and they stayed close to how that part of history was.
Quote:
and i have decided that i wanna adopt one of those creatures with the eyes in its hands so if anyone knows where i might find one lemme know.

Those creatures are called "Oedipi" and are very common in Greece.
The one with its eyes on its hands? Not a thing id like to meet up a dark alley... BRRR!!! Super Scared Smilie