Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Robert Zemeckis's 'Beowulf'

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > DVD Releases > Robert Zemeckis's 'Beowulf'   
Last night I watched Robert Zemeckis's Director's Cut of Beowulf, which I consider much better than the other versions of the story recently made. Neil Gaiman and Roger Avary's screenplay is another way of telling the epic than the way those eighth century monks wrote it. The complete computerization of everything was a little disconcerting at times, but was beautifully done. Just like with Gollum, they put those little blue buttons on every one, even the horses. Angelina Jolie made a good Grendel's mum.
Has anyone else seen this one?
I've seen Beowulf twice, once at the pictures and again when I rented it out. It was much better than the previous one with Gerard Butler, I think it was called Beowulf and Grendel. I found that one quite strange and puzzling, but Beowulf was really good and I would probably watch it again. I like the transition of young Warrior Beowulf to old 'unsatisfied' King Beowulf. He gained all that free power and glory by creating his downfall (his golden son/dragon). Temptation doesn't help anyone much in the end. Orc Smiling Smilie

Angelina Jolie played her part well, even if it'were only her voice, (unless she was hooked up to a computer and played her part whilst covered in little white sensors). She was dangerous, crafty and beautiful, she played it quite well, and I think I've opened that line up to one of Vir's female jokes... Orc Going Huh SmilieWiggle Smilie

Overall really good, I would recommend it to anyone who likes action, good story and people who like to fight in the nuddy Elf With a Big Grin Smilie