Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: WALL-E

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > DVD Releases > WALL-E   
I thought this delightful animated film was filled with adventure and romance. It should win a Golden Globe or two, if not Academy Award.
Did anyone else see this one?
I thought it was cute!

They did a great job with the soundscape. Apparently there was a premium on dialogue when they made the first half.... ;-)
I have a more elderly friend that often watches DVDs with me and as he is hard of hearing I usually have the closed caption function turned on. And so it was when I watched WALL-E, even though I was by myself. So I didn't notice the lack of dialogue as I was also reading the sound effects. Elf Winking Smilie Still, the actors lack of verbiage in the first half of the movie may have reduced their paychecks. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
I have never been a fan of Pixar Animation Films, I've always been a sort of a 'Classics' kind of guy, like The Lion King, Pocahontas, Mulan, Aladdin etc, but WALL·e changed my mind with Pixar. It is very heart warming and I enjoyed the silent storyline. I'm sure that if Earth keeps on goin the way it's going, we might end up like those Earthlings in 300 years Orc Smiling Smilie

I'd recommend it to anyone Smile Smilie
Never heard of it.
WALL-E (a futuristic trash compacting robot) won the 2009 Golden Globe Award for Best Animated Feature Film.