Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: The Color of Magic

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > DVD Releases > The Color of Magic   
After having remembered watching Terry Pratchett's The Color of Magic on cable a while back, I decided to preorder its DVD which Amazon says their estimated shipping date will be 20 July.
Has anyone else seen this movie/TV mini-series?
No Grondy. I have not heard of it. What is it about?
The Colour of Magic is a two part BBC-TV comedic-fantasy about the failed "Wizzard", Rincewind, who gets saddled with being tour director for a foreign visitor to the city of Ankh-Morpork; and of their adventures together around the Diskworld, a flat world balanced on the backs of four elephants which, in turn, stand on the back of a giant turtle, Great A'Tuin.

The TV movie is an adaptation of Terry Pratchett's first two Diskworld novels, The Colour of Magic and The Light Fantastic. There are now approximately 36 volumes in the Diskworld series, most of which are hilarious and I am glad a couple of them have been brought to the silver...er...small screen. Orc Grinning Smilie
hasn't it got David Jason as the wizard? luv David Jason, specially in only fools and horses and of course open all hours
Yes, David Jason plays the "Wizzard" Rincewind.
it does sound odd and interesting.
I wonder if it was the author that I read about that was diagnosed as having early alzheimer's or dementia or something , well in that vein, that cannot be cured at present? Does anyone know about this?
Yes Leelee, Orc Sad Smilie Terry Pratchett has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's. Hopefully it will take its time before he can no longer function as a writer; I say this as an avid reader of his works; though I should be more sympathetic to the author and his disease rather than worrying about whether he would provide another of his hilarious stories for me to read.
I again watched The Colour of Magic last night. It still remains funny. I love their rendition of the elderly Cohan the Barbarian and his line when he was talking to Rincewind about the shapely young woman who was riding with them, after they had rescued her from being sacrificed by some Druids, 'You know, if I was twenty years younger.........I'd be sixty-seven.' By that time he only had one eye, no teeth, and many scars.