Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: The Original Jurassic Park

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Favorite Films > The Original Jurassic Park   
Who else here really liked the original Jurassic Park? The sequels just got less and less interesting, but the first one was good in my opinion - original ideas (from Crichton's wonderful book of course), people fighting for their lives, action, and the good, realistic interactions between the characters who weren't two-dimensional at all.
That part with the velociraptors in the kitchen was exciting, although it was ridiculous that they were able to open doors.

The rest was meh.
I really liked the 1st Jurassic Park and i think it was the best and the second was ok but the third was the worst. I liked the part with the T-rex's @ kinda the begining of the movie.
As far as I'm concerned, this one falls into the mold like -MOST- other trilogies. The first is the best, very best, the most excellent, and as more sequels come, they just seem to stink more and more... even if the second movie was based on the second book, Spielburg changed it too much for me to appreciate (the ending was totally wonked {I don't care if it sounds cool for a Tyrannosaurus Rex to stomp through L.A.}, the book's ending was better, besides the fact the T-Rex ate a doggie, and I loves me some doggies Smile Smilie

Quote:
As far as I'm concerned, this one falls into the mold like -MOST- other trilogies. The first is the best, very best, the most excellent, and as more sequels come, they just seem to stink more and more

Yes, quite true, my friend. Look at the LOTR movies.
*bows* I'm glad someone listened to my opinion....

I agree with your opinion. The sequels sucked and should be burned! *rampages* And those little dinos with the frilly heads didn't get enough screan time in teh first movie! Orc Going Huh Smilie
Yep. I like the first one best as well.

Common Miruvor! We all know your...opinion on the LOTR movies. No need to keep up with that stuff here as well..
Some people DO like the movies as much as the books or even more. But thats on them to decide and others to respect. Just cause you think they are crummy dosent make them that.
What are you talking about? I think the LOTR movies are great..
Oh sorry. Miruvor... I misplaced Miruvor and Virumor. He's the one with the rather critical view on the movies. Again, sorry, my mistake. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Hi!
The 1st Jurassic as the best, but I did like the 2nd and 3rd. Who cares about the meat eating ones going on rampages??? Coulndnt there be a veggie dinosaur let loose??
By the way, i want to be a palaeontologist... so could ihave your views on dinos??????
I haven't watch any of the Jurassic Park films, but I like all the 'saurs except for the throwback named Sauron. Elk Grinning Smilie

My favorites are the Ankylosaurus, Apatosaurus, and the Brachiosaurus, though I'm also partial to the Triceratops and the Pterodactyls. Sue and the rest of the raptor family are a little too violent for my well being.

Has anyone ever seen the black and white film versions of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's The Lost World, either with or without sound. I think finding an isolated plateau holding remnants of these ancient critters is just about as plausible as finding enough viable DNA to clone them. Of course grain buried in the ancient tombs of Egypt has been found to still germinate, but I'm believing the dinosaurs were quite a few orders of magnitudes older. Teacher Smilie
Well, not as implausible as mammoths, mastodonts, dinosaurs & humans in the Stone Age like the Flintstones.
Wasn't the extinction of the dinosaurs caused by Global Warming resulting from the emissions given off by automobiles of the Flintstones' type? Elk Grinning Smilie
Thankyou for your opions. No i have not seen the black and white, is it good?
Grondmaster, cavemen werent around until way after the dinosaurs extiction Teacher Smilie but they could of well have in your inmagination Smile Smilie
Well, be that as it may, I know for a fact that the Hard Rock Construction Company where Fred worked, used dinosaurs as we use modern machines today. And Fred and Barney drove to work in a foot powered automobile. Orc Grinning Smilie
Is this thread concerned with the mya age?By the way i liked Peter jacksons King kong.and i think that unlike the Harry Potter movies which became increasingly retarded the LOTR movies did a good job.the FOTR introduced me to tolkien but the books are a treasure trove.
Quote:
Is this thread concerned with the mya age?

Not unless someone wants to write about 2012 being their favorite; though, they may start a new thread to review it.