Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: V for vendetta

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Favorite Films > V for vendetta   
Hey everyone!Has anyone seen v for vendetta?What would you say about it?I saw it a couple of days ago and I really liked it,especialy the plot about revolution in the world of future.If you haven't seen it yet I highly recomend it, for the one that like adventure films.!
I never thought Hugo Weaving‘s voice alone could enrapture me...
I was amazed at how well done the film was in general. The cinematography is amazing as are the lines delivered; I especially like the 'V' speech towards the beginning. Leaving the movie, I felt that I took something with me; the understanding that the government does not own you, you own the government. Yes, this is a message that is assumed common knowledge in many countries, yet it's good to reaffirm and remind one’s self of the essential truth of that statement. Feeling empowered when you leave the theater… a truly awesome thing.
Thumbs Up Smilie Thumbs Up Smilie
Quote:

I especially like the 'V' speech towards the beginning.

For your reading pleasure...

Quote:

V: Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.
[carves V into wall]
V: The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.
[giggles]
V: Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.
Evey Hammond: Are you like a crazy person?
V: I'm quite sure they will say so.

Courtsey IMDB

Quote:

I took something with me; the understanding that the government does not own you, you own the government.

It is not suppose to work that way. Government is there because everyone is not as controlled as I am Tongue Smilie, so someone needs to set the rules and control people. But anyway, seriously now, it isn't suppose to work that way. It has to be a relationship of mutual trust and understanding. Democracy is a miserable failure otherwise.
I loathe overly violent movies. I'll take Sense & Sensibility or Portrait of a Lady any day.
aww you old softy Vir, but i think that dear Vee would like that collection of sentences with V in them Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

I havnt seen the film though, i get scared and freaked out by blood on violent films......oh well, i want to see it anyway Big Smile Smilie
Floyd, I shall agree to disagree with you on the role of government and the issue of governing Orc Smiling Smilie

I my self am insanely squeamish when it comes to blood guts and gore... I can take certain forms of it, but ask be to watch a Quentin Tarantino film and I am on the run. Only seeing Vendetta once, I don't recall being too disturbed on that facet of the film. The storyline drags you away from the possibility of getting too grossed out, although parts are meant to "get" to you. Violence in films can be effective in imprinting an idea or it can be used tactlessly; as I think it is used in horror films to 'scare' for lack of a creativity.

Paranoid Smilie But I digress…

My point (if I had one) was Vendetta isn’t one of those films… I hope you enjoy it Loss and I hope you’ll give it a try Vir Orc Smiling Smilie

Happy viewings!
Vir's probably watched the movie whilst crunching happily on popcorn flavoured with artificial sweeteners. Old softie indeed!

And Weaving's voice is enchanting, totally makes up for the still mask.

And it wasn't that bloody... I loathe violent movies myself and I didn't find V too bloody... For me, a bloody film would be something like Sin City (shiver)...
V for Vendetta is quite possibly my favourite film of all time.
I agree Gildor, one of the best film i have seen.
I've watched V for Vendetta three of four times and still consider it an excellant movie; it may not yet rank up there with Casablanca and The African Queen imho, but it probably will someday, maybe not today, but someday. Happy Elf Smilie
Just watched it again yesterday for about the 25th time.

Yep, still the best film I've ever seen sofar. Wiggle Smilie