Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: FAVOURITE SONGS AND MUSIC

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Favorite Films > FAVOURITE SONGS AND MUSIC   << [1] [2]

Odette, I'm quite surprised that you like of a finnish rock band, though Poets of the Fall, well, I don't like much of their music (I'm not that much into rock in general), but they're good, I must admit it.

Oh well, I've a song recommendation for all of you guys and girls, and it goes like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHYVLrV3zZQ

This is a legendary song - long live Avantasia, long live Tobias Sammett!

Hey Alana,I am an avid fan of Harry Potter and growing up with him I haven't left any stone unturned trying to grasp his world in entirety. So yes I'm familiar with Hedwig's theme and it is a brilliant piece,to say the least.

You must listen to the soundtrack of the movie "A single man".Very quietly painful but will mesmerise any music lover.Also in the Wuthering Heights 2009 adaptation there is like 5 seconds of a piece when they are riding on the moor.It is sheer heaven and I tried capturing it in poetry but it's just indescribable.

The best thing about music and often snatches of it is the way they make you feel.It makes you weep without any pain,it makes you laugh when there is no joy in you,stirs you up in so many ways which are so intangible.So keep listening and keep sharing.An ear is always openSmile Smilie

Oh ,,Odette,,thank you,,I am so glad there are other Harry Potter fans here..."A single Man" did you say?

I will give that a try.

Yes, I so absolutely agree with what you say about film music...the way it can evoke emotions...by the way, this is way off thread, but have you heard the opening 12 bars of Tchaikovsy 1st Piano Concerto ?

Oh... ithought i would faint with joy.....

Ha, ha...oh dear, what am i like!!...bit of a classical fan, you know.....

Oh ,,Odette,,thank you,,I am so glad there are other Harry Potter fans here..."A single Man" did you say?

I will give that a try.

Yes, I so absolutely agree with what you say about film music...the way it can evoke emotions...by the way, this is way off thread, but have you heard the opening 12 bars of Tchaikovsy 1st Piano Concerto ?

I will give that a try.

Er...not sure what happened there, guys...I seem to have sent that last post 4 times...hahaha...oh my goodness,I am rubbish at this stuff....

Well, I guess it doesn't matter, but if it troubles you, you can always just remove the unnecessary comments, Alana. Smile Smilie

Anyway, I've been a huge Therion fan for over four or five years now, and this is one of their ultimately best songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2ronQLKSY0

It's a very beautiful song, it's full of energy and power, and the vocals are damn good. If I'm in a good mood, I usually sing the male parts while driving my car. Smile Smilie

Therion is a wild combination of classical music, choir arrangements, operatic vocals and metal music. I like a lot of common classical music, but when it comes to music such as classical music, I prefer genres such as: neo-classical darkwave/ambient, symphonic metal and classically inspired gothic metal.

<< [1] [2]