Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: When?

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe > When?   
When is this movie coming out in the United States? I've seen previews for it but I never know when it's opening. I am so excited to see it!
December 9th. Already marked and waiting on my calendar. I cannot wait for it - I hope it is good. If they have ruined it, I am first in line to flog the director. Paranoid Smilie
Quote:
If they have ruined it, I am first in line to flog the director.

The director doesn't give a donkey's arse about that, as he'll already have your money in his pocket by then.
Well, the director has a cartoon version and the TV mini-series that we will be comparing it to, besides C.S. Lewis's book. So he better make it a good movie or he won't be asked to do the sequels, at least by we strict reviewers who want nothing added and little left out.
Quote:
So he better make it a good movie or he won't be asked to do the sequels, at least by we strict reviewers who want nothing added and little left out.

The director should've done what PJ did then : immediately put the complete movie series on tape, so that ppl bombarding him with e-mails, letters and carrot cakes can't prevent any sequel from happening.

There'll be sequels anyway, regardless of the fact nobody is asking for them : look at the numerous Police Academy's, Rocky's and (God forbid) National Lampoon's Vacations. And some real sadists even throw in prequels (The Phantom Menace! Attack of the Clones! EEEK!!! >:-O )
*Grins* I don't know...I liked Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones... *Ducks*
I just saw a preview in the theatre (I was in for Zorro -- loved the kid's acting, he stole all his scenes) -- anyways, the preview seemed quite good, with lovely scenery and the scenes they showed gelled with the book's storyline, so they can't have messed around with the screenplay too much. I think it's going to be quite good.
I am leery, because Disney is doing it, and Disney kills books and history when it makes them into movies, at least most of the time. And if it’s a fairy tale that has been told so many ways that they can’t kill it the first time around, they make a sequel (Cinderella II…. Shiver). But I digress. I think that with Narnia being so popular, and the main purpose of this movie being to pull the family and especially Christian audience back (no, seriously, that’s what all the people commenting on it are saying. I was amazed by the unity on this.), they’ll have to do a pretty good job, just like Peter Jackson had to stay pretty close to LotR. There were things changed, but most of them were things that most fans found acceptable, and most were just cutting/compressing for time. But there were too many people willing to pretty much slaughter him if he strayed too far, and I think it will be mostly the same for Narnia… at least I hope so.
Quote:
When is this movie coming out in the United States? I've seen previews for it but I never know when it's opening. I am so excited to see it!
I found they are now selling tickets online in the U.S. for showings starting 09 December 2005. I will probably wait until the second week to miss the hastle of the crowds.
I am so excited... I'm going to see the Midnight showing the day it comes out...
A little late... but it's going to be great, I just know it!
I'm going to see it in an old, fancy, well-kept movie theatre for my birthday early in January. But I don't know if I can wait that long.... You all must tell me if it's worth seeing twice; then I'll go sooner as well as later....
i heard that the reviews said 'this is where Harry Potter meets Lord of the Rings' although the story of Narnia and co is good i dont think that its better than LOTR sorrySmile Smilie
Well, that's what reviewers say. They're paid to say stuff like that.... perhaps to someone otherwise unaquainted with the story, that's an easy way of telling them something about it -- getting them to think of it somewhere in the ballpark of fantasy + children as main characters + ???

All said and done, the Narnia stories have got a much higher profile religious (christian) element than either HP or LoTR. I wonder what Disney has done with that. We'll see....
Only one week to go...
Can't wait!!! This is going to be the best Christmas ever!
Quote:
This is going to be the best Christmas ever!

The Grinch isn't going to be happy with that. Best to keep him uninformed.
I thought the grinch had a change of heart.

~~~

I seriously contemplated staying up long enough to go to the theatre down the street from my house to see the midnight showing of the Narnia movie, but the need to get up and be alert at 8:30am drove me to stay home and try to sleep instead. Now I haven't got time to go until tomorrow at the very earliest.
Currently I scheduled to see it Friday afternoon, the Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise.