Y'all know the rules, but just to be on the safe side: do NOT post your answers below please, you can email them to me at: email@example.com
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post them below.
To find the KEYWORD: Look at the previous five answers and find what they have in common. - So added Grondy 06 Feb. 04 after reading Tommie's post of 05 Feb. 04.
Please be aware of the fact that many clues are hidden in the answers. You don't always need the whole answer as a clue. Sometimes the answer is a lead to the clue. There are 20 keywords to be found. For the correct answer to an "ordinary" question you get one point. For the correct answer to a keyword, you get two points. So, in all, you can earn 140 points.
I will give you until the end of February (yes, that long) to send in your answers.
Good luck and I hope you enjoy the quiz!
1. The One, God.
2. A port built by the Eldar on the eastern shore of Tol Eressea.
3. Kingdom of the Dunedain in the Second Age.
4. Dwelling-place of the Valar in the time of the two lamps.
5. The Argonath.
6. Spouse of Vana.
7. Great jewels made by Feanor.
8. Green mound before the western gate of Valimar.
9. Another name for the Void.
10. The southern portion of Aman.
11. Dwelling of Elrond.
12. Son of Eomund and Theodwyn.
13. Coastal area in Harad.
14. A seeing stone.
15. Town of men and hobbits, situated at the crossing of the Great East Road and the North Road.
16. Gandalf's faithful steed.
17. Father of Eorl.
18. Other name for the One Ring.
19. The Edain.
20. Land of the Valar in Aman.
21. English translation of "mellon".
22. Lady of the Golden Wood.
23. The Aglarond, also called the ... ?
24. A metal, only to be found in the mines of Moria.
25. Mountain east of Mirkwood and west of the Iron Hills.
26. Quenya for "foam-flower".
27. Three-peaked mountain raised above Angband by Melkor.
28. He was slain by Bard.
29. A discussion that seems to have no end: do Balrogs have ... ?
30. The Stone of Erech.
31. Land previously known as Calenardhon.
32. Wood east of the southern end of the Misty Mountains.
33. The greatest river of north-western Middle-Earth.
34. Author of "The Reckoning of Years".
35. At the time of the War of the Ring, this marked the northern boundary of Rohan.
36. One of the three kindreds of the Eldar, led by Finwe on the Great Journey.
37. Lands of Arda east of Belegaer.
38. Father of Idril.
39. He stole a fruit of Nimloth from the courts of Armelenos.
40. The Orkish name for this fortress is Lugburz.
41. In the First Age, he was the Lord of the Falas.
42. Fortress in south-western Mirkwood.
43. Fortress built by Gondor in the days of its power in Nan Curunir.
44. Son of Erendil.
45. The three kindreds of Elves of the Great Journey.
46. One of the ambassadors sent to Valinor by Orome.
47. With Mablung, he was the only Elf of Doriath to fight in the Nirnaeth Arnoediad.
48. Anduril, also called ... ?
49. A black, shining metal that was malleable but as hard as steel even when thin.
50. The underground halls built for Thingol.
51. The south-kingdom of the Dunedain.
52. The usurper of Gondor
53. The great haven far to the south of Gondor.
54. The title of the lords of the Dunedain, Elendil and his descendants.
55. He was slain by the Wainriders in the Battle of the Plains.
56. Orc-chieftain of Moria, he slew Thror.
57. The Dimrill Dale.
58. Father of Balin.
59. Son of Gror, of the royal line of Durin's Folk
60. The End of the Elder Days.
61. Dwarvenking who deserted Khazad-dum.
62. Only son of Belladonna Took.
63. Great battle fought before the gates of Erebor.
64. One of the seven clans of the Dwarves, those that were descended from the oldest of the Seven Fathers of the Dwarves, another name for Durin's folk.
65. Range of mountains running west to east and forming the likely northern border of Rhovanion.
66. The name given to the fourteen powerful spirits who took physical form and entered Arda after its creation to give order to the world and combat the evils of Melkor.
67. The last king of Numenor
68. Any of the races of Arda who were subject to old age and death, but the name applies especially to Men.
69. The departure of this ship from the Grey Havens marked the end of the Third Age. It was built by Cirdan and the shipwrights of Mithlond.
70. The haven of the Elves who lived on the isle of Tol Eressea.
71. A stone by the side of the East Road that marked the point where the borders of the Eastfarthing, Westfarthing and Southfarthing of the Shire came together.
72. An inn on the East Road, about halfway between Hobbiton and the Brandywine Bridge.
73. Title given to the "police-force" of the Shire, the ones who kept order.
74. A fertile but boggy farmland region on the western banks of the River Brandywine.
75. The first of the five wizards to arrive in Middle-Earth.
76. The "country of Balar".
77. She came under the dragon-spell of Glaurung and married her brother.
78. Battle in which the Noldor and the Edain purposed the final overthrow of Morgoth, but they were themselves utterly defeated.
79. The chronicles of the Second and Third Ages.
80. The long Elvish lay that told the story of Beren and Luthien.
81. The emblem of the Princes from this city was the Ship and Silver Swan.
82. Titel of the ruler of the Dwarves of Erebor.
83. River in Gondor that joines the Morthond and has its source in the White Mountains. (There are two rivers that match this description, the one you are looking for is the one to the east)
84. From what language is the name Belegorn originally?
85. City and port in Eldamar, on the coast north of the Calacirya, built by the Teleri, when they came to Aman. (two names, only one contains a clue!!!)
86. Pass over the Ephel Duath, just north of Minas Morgul.
87. One of the Mearas, sire of Snowmane.
88. Special fate of Men, place upon them at their making.
89. She was called "Her Ladyship" by the Orcs of a particular group.
90. The Ring of Adamant.
91. Region where Hobbits live.
92. River, crossed by the Great East Road by the Bridge of Stonebows.
93. Son of Fortinbras Took and 26th Thain of the Shire.
94. Great bow of Beleg which was buried with him.
95. Number of gates in the Orfalch Echos.
96. Great Dragon of the Ered Mithrin, possessor of a large Dwarf-hoard.
97. Eldest son of Denethor II.
98. She killed the Witch-King of Angmar.
99. Old German currency, now no longer used since the Euro took over.
100. Title of Chapter VIII, Book 6, The Return of the King.
CORRECTIONS TO QUIZ!!!
#9: Multiple answers possible, I count them all correct of course, and most of them contain a clue to the keyword as well.
#19: Again several answers possible, and in one way only one of them contains a clue, in another way they all do, so this one shouldn't be a problem.
#44: There are two, I know, you only need one of them, but both count as correct.
#46: Three possible answers, only one gives a clue for the keyword, again any of the three is correct of course.
#54: Several answers possible, two contain a clue to the keyword.
#55: I will only say that there are (much to my surprise) two answers possible, but only one leads to the keyword.
#57, #60, #73: Two possible answers for each, both correct, and both providing a clue, so no problem.