The return of Morgoth

arath

The return of Morgoth

Post#1 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:53 pm

He shall rise again it is said. But what can he do but fill his armies whit malice. His body is broken and his armies dead. His malevolent beasts are slain or routed from the world. Where then would he get a army powerfull enough to battle the Valar. In my mind only mortal men who desire power would hear his call. For he cannot make anything that has a life of its own and thus he cannot raise his armies to the demise of the undying lands. And as he is himself imprisoned and the mightiest of his servants is exiled how then can the final battle begin but for the wish of Eru. Surely the men of westernesse shall not stand whit him for in them flows a blood nobler than in others. The evil peoples of Khand and Harad might of cource join him but their power alone could not destroy the fortified home of the valar that hath been lifted from the circle of the world.
Elves who truly hated the black one would never believed his lies again even had he been in the fairest form ever seen in arda.
Here then are my questions:
1.) Why would Eru who loved his children wish them to go trought pain and suffering by reviving the armies lost to morgoth
2.) From where would he get his apocalyptic army?
3.) His body is broken and much of his power is lost where would he get the strenght to break the chains that bind him?
edit: just as a afterthought i would like to thank vir for reminding me that morgoth would return... and i know there can be no specific answers (though i am known to be wrong at times) i would ask you for a theory or thoughts or anything :)

grondmaster

The return of Morgoth

Post#2 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:09 pm

There will come a time when Men are either so corrupt (or so angelic) that Eru-Iluvatar will decide it is time to change the record and play the second song. Whether that time is now, or in the near future, is not ours to know; however, we again seem to be blowing another chance at the latter of the two possibilities. :goodnevil:
'Share and enjoy'

Thorin Oakenshield

The return of Morgoth

Post#3 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:48 am

Well I don't know whether Morgoth body has been broken, I only know that he was thrown in the Void. As for his army who can really predict? Maybe the host of Ar-Pharazalon the Golden will fight for him in their hatred of the valar and there will also surely be many many men who could be won other through their fear of death and ignorance.

And maybe he could re-assemble his host from his own power as in my opinion to come back from the void he must have a certain measure of power. And there will surely be other spirits who were in the beginning with him joining him again as not all were destroyed in the battles with the Valar I guess.
The Old that is Strong does not Wither.

morgoth the dark one

The return of Morgoth

Post#4 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:46 pm

arath, i must tell you somthing. No chain holds him, for after the destruction of beleriand, the Valar shut him beyond the confines of the world into the void and shut all entrances leading in. But only time will tell when he breaks through, summons his armies and wages war once more. :evil: :veryevil: :soangry:

ammornil

The return of Morgoth

Post#5 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:33 am

Nai i esteltya maar na! (May your hope be good!)

"All that is gold does not glitter; not all those that wander are lost..." (by J.R.R.Tokien

Right you may be, my Dark Friend, for all that goes in eventually comes out. That is how Ea is. I will not wish to live to see it, for I am not much of a hero (I shall confess). Nor will I support it if it rests with me, for the Fallen-one can not be Lord of all, because he does not care about that ALL. All he wants is power, and then more power, power for it's own sake and yet power itself can not do any good, even to the one who possesses it. There is one more quatation I would like to put in

"Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends..." (J. R. R. Tolkien, LoTR, Book 4, Ch.1)

As wise as the Valar were, they did not destroyed their Brother, but left him outside the Realm of Arda (remainigs of the World at the end of the First Age).

May Earendil's light never fade and Morgoth's face never show under the stars. By Eru may it be true.
Nolwe ar alcar >> Wisdom and Glory! Wisdom is in words, Glory- in deeds.
All of this is personal opinion and understanding. For your own opinion read the books written by J. R. R. Tolkien.

morgoth the dark one

The return of Morgoth

Post#6 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:25 pm

Oh I hope he does not come back while I live.

grondmaster

The return of Morgoth

Post#7 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:00 pm

Then, live long and prosper; be happy; and hope he doesn't come back in the lifetimes of our progeny; and above all, don't worry about it..
'Share and enjoy'

ammornil

The return of Morgoth

Post#8 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:26 am

The Prophesy also says that Morgot will suffer his final defeat and vanish forever (perhaps be destroyed). So once Dagor Dagorath come to past so will Middle Earth and Ea as we know them. Since Anor and Ithil are still in the sky, this events foreseen and foretold by Mandos are to come.

One will come from eternal darkness
To set new order and new rules to come.
Driven from eternal hate and madness
To his final end shall he be done.
Nolwe ar alcar >> Wisdom and Glory! Wisdom is in words, Glory- in deeds.
All of this is personal opinion and understanding. For your own opinion read the books written by J. R. R. Tolkien.

morgoth the dark one

The return of Morgoth

Post#9 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:34 am

I hate to say but it's going to happen anyway, it is inevitable, and when it happens, the very roots holding the world together shall come undone and the world will reverse it's building process and it will collapse in the Armageddon and morgoth shall be cast in to the place that we all fear most and I will not utter it's name in such a place but we all know it will happen.

PS I am not trying to be a mope but like in the bible it says it is going to happen. :sad:

Then, live long and prosper; be happy; and hope he doesn't come back in the lifetimes of our progeny; and above all, don't worry about it..

virumor

The return of Morgoth

Post#10 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:50 am

Morgoth was imprisoned because of the Elves. It is only just that he returns to settle the score, destroying them all and the world included, to make way for a new world. What goes around, comes around.
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

Return to “The History of”