Tolkien v.s Jackson?

thefunnyhobbit

Tolkien v.s Jackson?

Post#1 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:50 am

This thread is about what you think is best, the movies or the books. Myself, I think the book's are better.

thefunnyhobbit

Tolkien v.s Jackson?

Post#2 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:53 am

So... What do you guys think? Is the Hobbit movie better than the book? I've read the Hobbit a couple of days ago and i find that the book contains more details, and much better too.

Balrogs R Us

Tolkien v.s Jackson?

Post#3 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:52 am

You'd have to be extremely crazy or incredibly lazy to think the movies are better.

Personally I really enjoy them, but it's not even a question which is superior.

beredras

Tolkien v.s Jackson?

Post#4 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:55 am

Exactly what Balrogs said

brego

Tolkien v.s Jackson?

Post#5 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:22 pm

No matter what the book is, Tolkien, CS Lewis, Rowling , you can never compare a book to a film as when reading we drift off into our own idea of the world we are reading about.  Everyone is different, my idea of how Rivendell would be very different to almost everyone else on this site.  Its silly to ask for a versus in regards to book and film because its chalk and cheese right from the get go.

I both love the films and love the books as two very different  entities.

galin

Tolkien v.s Jackson?

Post#6 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:33 am

Hmm... Tolkien versus Jackson.

I think a young Tolkien could put Jackson to the canvas in, let's say the second round or so. Tolkien played rugby... hmm... although maybe a younger Jackson did too?

Oh I can't tell. But I'm still choosing Tolkien, third round K.O., just because.

Balrogs R Us

Tolkien v.s Jackson?

Post#7 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:17 am

^^^Hahaha

Jackson was probably a pretty big dude when he was younger. Also NZ folk are pretty hardy folk, wouldn't be surprised if he played Rubgy as well. However Tolkien would win in the imagination department, so he'd catch PJ off guard I'm sure...

Place your bets here folks!!!

galin

Tolkien v.s Jackson?

Post#8 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:39 am

LOL

Tolkien hits Jackson with a blinding bit of Norse mythology! Jackson pauses to wonder at the wonder of it... and suddenly woosh... down goes Jackson! as if struck by Donner's hammer.

Seems likely enough to me ;)

Balrogs R Us

Tolkien v.s Jackson?

Post#9 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:28 pm

He'd be smoking his pipe the whole time too.

durin the deathless

Tolkien v.s Jackson?

Post#10 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:20 pm

i agree with Brego. The movie is good and the books are good. But you cant compare them. THey are both good in their own way.

Return to “The Hobbit”