The Hobbit

The Hobbit

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I thought it was great. :D You should first read the Hobbit and then start on Lord of the Rings books.
It´s well worth it! :P:

The Hobbit

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

The Hobbit's a really great book...much lighter read than LotR, and really enjoyable. :D

The Hobbit

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Frodotheringbearer: Welcome to our forum. :happyelf:

The Hobbit is wonderful book. For more comments about it I'd suggest you check out this thread's sisters called [u] Child's book [/u]and [u] still the best[/u]. :elfcool:
'Share and enjoy'

The Hobbit

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I just started on it and think it is great and funny. :wiggle:

The Hobbit

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I`ve got The Hobbit in norwegian, but for Christmas Amarië gave me it in English :orcgin: I really like it, it's funny and heartwarming...I have been really busy lately, so I haven't finished it yet, but it won't be long now!
And when I'm finished with it, I've planned to read The Silmarillion and LotR again :smoke:

The Hobbit

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I bought three copies of the hobbit, 2 silmarillions and 1 LOTR last year! :elfbiggrin: I wish somebody had given me the books when I was younger. I told my boyfriend we had to give his 13 year old sister the hobbit for her birthday 'cause I knew she'd love it. I'm planning to make her as hooked on Tolkiens world as I am. She'll be getting LOTR for next Christmas I think. :angel:

I agree with Einar, the hobbit has to be read first. I wish I'd known that earlier, but I had no-one to ask. I still loved it though. When I'm done with my second reading of LOTR, I'll read the hobbit again.

"Don't complain under the stars
about the lack of bright spots in you life."
Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

The Hobbit

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I was lucky, my mum started me on Tolkien when I was really little, and only with the Hobbit. When I was about 7 she had me reading the trilogy, and I haven't put it down since :elfroleeyes:

[Edited on 17/1/2003 by chameleon]

:moderator: My edit was just to make your smilie work. Rather than writing the code for the smilie, you can just click on the smilie you want and it will write it itselfnn[Edited on 18/1/2003 by Valedhelgwath]

The Hobbit

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I`m reading it at the moment. It`s HOBTASTIC so far! :funnylaugh: I`m up to chapter 12, INSIDE INFORMATION. :D You should definately read it! Have you read LOTR collection, Frodotheringbearer?
If not, how old are you? :cool:
I love you! I love you!
I must say it with all my heart!
I love you! I love you!
I wish we weren`t apart!
You know who I am
I know who you r
I have told u this sweet sumthin
even tho u r afar!

The Hobbit

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

There is a thread in the [u] Prancing Pony Tavern[/u] where you can post your age Frodotheringbearer. :moderator:
'Share and enjoy'

The Hobbit

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

It was great!
But not better than LOTR, but The Hobbit has one thing that LOTR dont have: A DRAGON!!!!!!!

Return to “The Hobbit”