Cirith Ungol

virumor

Cirith Ungol

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Oh well, he also knew that Minas Morgul = tower of sorcery and that Orodruin = Mount Doom and that didn't prevent him neither to pass/go to it.

One evil thing more or less, who cares ? :funnylaugh:
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

grondmaster

Cirith Ungol

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

No, he didn't know what awaited him when they climbed that pass or entered that foul smelling tunnel. Faramir had tried to warn him, but he had to go that way or give up the quest: There was no other way.
'Share and enjoy'

Beleg_Strongbow

Cirith Ungol

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Quick Thought: If Frodo had known what awaited him, do you think he would have turned back and find another way? :question:

Findekano

Cirith Ungol

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

That was the ONLY way therfore he must have had to try it anyway. Though at least in this case he would know what to excpect.

Beleg_Strongbow

Cirith Ungol

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Would Samwise have known about 'Spider Pass?' If he didn't know right off the bat what it meant, would Frodo have told him?

Aulë

Cirith Ungol

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Cirith Ungol....yeah I can see the connection:D
Life's a piece of sheit, when you look at it
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true
You'll see its all a show, people laughin as you go
Just remember that the last laugh is on you

grondmaster

Cirith Ungol

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Cirith Ungol in Sindarin means 'pass of the spider' or, more literally, 'spider pass.' Now why would Frodo (who knew elvish, at least to some degree--I think it safe to assume that he had heard ungol before) travel into something called Pass of the Spider? Did he know what awaited him?
I just thought of another reason why Frodo would dare travel through a spider infested pass. He was carrying 'Sting, the bane of the Mirkwood spiders'.
'If Uncle Bilbo could stand up to spiders, by golly, so can I.'

- this undocumented statement by Frodo, most probably can be attributed to one Grondmaster of Planet-Tolkien.com
I think he can be forgiven for misjudging the size and number of the eight-legged critters.nn[Edited on 2/6/2003 by Grondmaster]
'Share and enjoy'

Aulë

Cirith Ungol

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Hehehe yeah.....well Sam was brave and valiant enough to give Old Lobby her banewound:P: ;)
Life's a piece of sheit, when you look at it

Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true

You'll see its all a show, people laughin as you go

Just remember that the last laugh is on you

Beleg_Strongbow

Cirith Ungol

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I hear you on that one! He really gave her something to think about. It would have been cool if she had died. (Not that death is ever something to call 'cool,' but, come on, she's just evil... :evil: )

Poor Sam, to be completely honest I almost cried :sad: when he thought Frodo died. ( sigh )

That quote "don't go where your Sam can't follow" is one of my favorites!!!! Anyway...

Return to “The Lord of the Rings”