King

floyd_n_milan

King

Post#1 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:16 am

I was just thinking, as usual, and had this one little question pop up in my mind, again, as usual.

So, I was wondering about The Houses Of Healing. It is said,

The hands of the King are the hands of a healer

or something similar. I wonder why the King is given so much importance?

I mean, I read in the forums about the line of Kings, Stewards and Princes. (I think it was in the thread about Imrahil) and I can't see why the same principle would apply to the Stewards and the Princes.

I wonder why the King is given so much importance.

Umm, does this question seem stupid? Well, if you don't understand what I mean, it might seem stupid. Anyways.

Vee

King

Post#2 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:24 am

The Kings of Gondor were descended, like Aragorn, from Earendil and Elwing and Aragorn was descended from the Elros line of that union. Elros and Elrond were half elven and while Elrond chose to be of the race of Elves his brother Elros chose to be of Men. Aragorn had some elven blood in him, as would all the Kings before him. Some elven blood may have given them the healing powers. Elrond was, I think, a healer as well but stronger as he was (although half) an Elf.

Other than that I don't know. :)

floyd_n_milan

King

Post#3 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:38 am

I wonder if Isildur had a brother

Vee

King

Post#4 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:08 am

Yes he did. Anarion was the younger son of Elendil and was slain in the siege of Barad-dur. Isildur also had 4 sons, three of whom were slain at the same time he was but his wife and his youngest son, Valandil, escaped. Valandil inherited the Kingship.

floyd_n_milan

King

Post#5 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:11 am

Hmm. That shut me up. But then, did Elendil have a brother?

Vee

King

Post#6 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:30 am

I don't know. If he did then that brother was more than likely killed in the drowning of Numenor.
Someone (Val) will be along to correct me if I am wrong.

floyd_n_milan

King

Post#7 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:33 am

Hang on. Now, I'm a bit confused. Where exactly does the line of Denethor and Imrahil start from?

floyd_n_milan

King

Post#8 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:42 am

Now, my question is, that had Aragorn died and the line of Denethor ended with both Boromir and Faramir dying then Imrahil would have the throne of Gondor. Then I think from what I read in the thread Imrahil, he would've been the KING and not just prince. Then how come suddenly he would have the hands of a healer?

Am I right with the kingship or not?

If I am right, then I'm wondering about the hands of the healer. Because, if you change only your position, it shouldnt give you any extra abilities, can it? So, in that case, anybody who's in either the line of the king or the steward or the prince should have those abilities.

Am I making sense now???

floyd_n_milan

King

Post#9 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:44 am

If I'm not right with the throne of Gondor, will someone please explain to me how it works?

I mean consider that all the three lines came to an end, who would then be the King?

terrijayne

King

Post#10 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:26 am

Hey Floyd. You've got an interesting post going! Not sure myself about all the lineage, but I have an opinion on the healing of the king. The art of healing was not a skill magically given to someone when they became king, rather it was a sign of one who was to be king. Since Aragorn possessed the ability to heal, it was one more sign (besides his lineage) that he was the rightful kind of Gondor. Another sign was his ability to command the services of the dead. I don't have my books here with me at work so I can't remember their names, but they were the spirits housed in the mountain that Aragorn claimed command over. Just some thoughts, Floyd!

Return to “The Lord of the Rings”